main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    We Defenders will be wearing our Defenders shirt and buttons at C3 and folks will know we are supporting Anakin and Padme all the way though the tough times. I am making a T-shirt to wear! I was thinking of making a special shirt for Hayden. What size?
    I would have loved to see more of the love story in the movie. I thought the family scenes that were deleted should definitely have stayed. I loved the scene in her bedroom when she was packing. I thought the dinner scene was great with her parents. Anakin looked so happy next to her at the table.
    I really believe that the chemistry of our couple was real off screen and it helped on screen. How could those two not look adoringly at each other? She would have to be made of stone to not look at him with love and adoration. She even admitted in the bonus material how handsome he was and how could Padme not fall for him :)
    We are all here because we defend the love story but it is ok to find flaws in it because it was not perfect. That does not mean folks do not defend the fact that they love each other and it is an important part of the saga of Anakin.

2. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Wow, this thread sure exploded since I last posted. Glad to see people seem to be moving past the bout of ugliness, though - I left this board for over a year because I didn't feel there was anyplace worth posting; I'd hate to lose it again. There are few enough places for LS fans to indulge their love of it as is without screwing up one of them! ;)

In fact, when I watch the DVD, many times I'll just skip ahead to the Ani/Padmé scenes. Who cares about another asteroid chase or fight scene, LOL.

LOL! Same here, stacy - almost without fail when watching AotC I'll skip over things like the Dex's Diner scene, or the Obi/Jango fistfight in the rain... and go straight to the next P/A bit. :D

The LS was like any other part of SW for me - I find more I enjoy about it with each viewing. That's the great thing about SW - you can watch it a hundred times and still find something new each time that just makes it even more enjoyable. :) I enjoyed the LS before the prequels, really, if you can believe that - I knew from the get-go that I would find it fascinating, even if purely from a storytelling standpoint. It had a tragic ending and was a factor in the development of Darth Vader and had resulted in Luke and Leia... it was bloody friggin' epic, man. :) And while I don't think the execution was perfect, it was still well done enough that I love the ship even more than I did back then.

I'd love a P/A shirt to wear at CIII... way, way back when TPM came out I saw the most adorable P/A shirt at the mall, with them on the eopie... and I didn't get it. Been kicking myself ever since on that, since I've never seen that shirt again. *ponders hunting on Ebay*

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I happen to think that it *is* perfect....yes, I do. :D And I'll not apologize for that, nor will I ever pretend to feel any other way....far as I'm concerned, in my heart, my mind, there are no flaws with it....I love it just as it is, I think it's entirely perfect....and that entirely heartens me, and I feel that I derive real strength, voraciousness and passion from that. It matters tome, and I *do* love it so, always have and always will....a romantic at heart, a passionate soul to the core, that's me....a believer in true love....now more than ever. :D

Dawn.

4. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    And I'll not apologize for that, nor will I ever pretend to feel any other way....

As well you shouldn't! :D

And I don't think anyone here will ever ask you to, Dawn. :)

5. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, now, I knew that no one here would ever ask me to do such a thing, sweetie. :) We who are the devoted and dedicated regulars in this, our home thread, after all....we, who are the true, loyal, loving, creative, vociferous, passionate Defenders at heart....well, now, suffice it to say - it of course goes without saying that none of *our* number would ever have....well, *me*....any other way. ;) Neither would I, for that matter....I've never changed how passionate I am about all this, never backed down from that, never pretended to feel otherwise - and I sure ain't gonna start now. :) Thanks, babe.... *high-fives*

Dawn.

6. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    AnakinsLuv

That line is the first line of a song from Blink-182 called "I Miss You." It's a pretty cool song.

7. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Some brief comments:

About bashing and what's accepted on this site and isn't. The fact of the matter is if you can clearly and intelligently articulate your not-so-positive opinions about aspects of the Saga -- IT ISN'T BASHING. Bashing resorts to innane, overly used phrases the require little if any thought. And more bashing goes on around TFn than anybody wants to recognize. Very few intelligent points are made concerning the debatable aspects of the Saga. If you can say something intelligently (that required some thought) it usually will not encourage a negative response, which is why bashing is "not allowed" (LOL). Bashing encourages flame wars, etc.

About the new online journal:

I know that Rhonderoo, MissPadme, and one of my best friends are on the editorial staff and I feel confident that the quality and the standards of this journal will allow it be gain widespread respect and acceptance quickly. All on the editorial board are dedicated to intelligent, well-researched articles and essays about SW and will heighten the spotlight on this aspect of fandom that goes widely unnoticed. All fans know that SW is much more than pop culture and with journals like this one, others will get to know through insightful, witty, clearly articulated and substantiated essays the truly complex nature of GL's creation.

And it looks like we have a President -- and in only one extra day too. :D

8. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Great essay, PLJ ! I missed your little essays! :)

I agree about the LS. I wanted more, that's my only issue really... At first I thought that it was too rushed, too unbelievable as well. But with subsequent viewings I realized the little details too. And I can't understand for the life of me how people can't see the chemistry between HC and NP.

Speaking of which, this shot really looked interesting. *rubs hands together* Can't wait for the teaser.

Hum, about the President. Well, no comment. My sig says it all. But at least no suspense that's true...

9. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Re the election: it's over. Enough said.

My teaser poster arrived yesterday damaged. I was in a bad mood. That said, it just seems to me SW fans spend far more time being critical and second-guessing Lucas at every turn than enjoying the movies for what they are. Maybe my geek gene has faded but it just gets annoying after a while. I've also seen a pattern of where fans get real excited over a movie, it's all fabulous and wonderful for a year or two, then all of sudden everyone turns against it. Films feature romances that are hurried along because you only have two hours or to tell your story. You just have to make it believable in the time period you have. It must have believable on some level most of you were drawn to this thread 2 years ago.

Let me state for the record that as much as I adore A/P, I also love the action and fight scenes. It's not SW without them.

--MissPadme

10. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Re the election: it's over. Enough said.

Amen.

Let me state for the record that as much as I adore A/P, I also love the action and fight scenes. It's not SW without them.

That's how I feel too.

11. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Thank goodness the election garbage is finally over. [face_plain]

Oh, I agree - you can't have the slighty mushy stuff without having the fight stuff too; you've got to have both in SW. :D I do still enjoy the character stuff more overall, I think - my favorite scenes in the OT aren't the big battle scenes (though those are very fun to watch), they're the ones with Luke and Vader in ESB and RotJ. A total sucker for the Skywalker family dynamic, I am. ;)

12. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    Talk about fast forwarding to the scenes of Anikan and Padme :). I thought I would be the only one crazy to to that! Playing the kissing scene in slow motion? That look in the eyes in the apartment? Ohlala.

I will be making my defenders T-shirt so it will be just of our Logo we voted on. Just purchase a packet of T-shirt iron ons and print it out in Windows. It will come out just fine! or pm me for one. I plan to put my screen name and my name on it.
    AHH yes the election. Reminiscent of the scene " I love Democracy" No more said.

13. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Well guys, only one more day until we get to see the teaser trailer! I'm so excited. I have hyperspace, so I'll try to watch it there, but I'll also be going to see The Incredibles this weekend with my son, and something tells me that seeing the teaser on the big screen will be an entirely different experience!

As to the action scenes in Star Wars--Don't get me wrong. I like them, too. It's just that in AotC, I preferred the romance scenes.

14. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Gee, what was it Obi-Wan said about politicians.... ;) *laugh* I'm so glad you poor dears are through with all that, and now we can of course focus on much better and *far* more enjoyable things....righty-o! :) Still....if only ours were as comely as Padme....bears thinking about, doesn't it? ;)

Re: the teaser coming out tomorrow....ooohhh, now, doesn't it just give you all kinds of absolutely mahvellous thrills? :D Really makes you tingle, now, doesn't it....this place is of course gonna be totally *nuts* all tomorrow, I can already tell....all sorts of wild-and-crazy-and-eminently enjoyable zaniness....hey, it's deliciously freaking me out too, that I will quite readily admit. :) Aaahhhh, yes, at long last, it finally begins....the countdown....and even more in earnest now, I do believe! :)

And, oh, qingauk....re: the T-shirt....ooohhhh, I want, I *want*! Let's have some pics, now, of the finished product.... :) I definitely want in on this one....wanna spread the lovely Defender-dom far and wide, I do! Whee! :)

Dawn.

15. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    And actually, RotS is really only a little more than 6 months away. Can you believe it?

Now this is off topic, but I'm wondering--have any of you ever read a fan fic in which Luke and Leia meet their cousins, Ryoo and Pooja? I'd really like to read something like that, though I'm nowhere near creative enough or knowlegable enough about the post-RotJ universe to write one myself. So if anyone can recommend one, I'd appreciate it!

16. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    And, oh, qingauk....re: the T-shirt....ooohhhh, I want, I *want*! Let's have some pics, now, of the finished product.... I definitely want in on this one....wanna spread the lovely Defender-dom far and wide, I do! Whee!

Ohhh!! Me too!! Me too!!! =D=

Yes, I will admit also that I play the kissing scene and apartment scenes in slow mo too!! [face_blush] It's all about the freze frame too....to stare at that look in his eye he gets... [face_love] Hubba, hubba, baby!!

-AnakinsLuv

17. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Must....put AOTC in the DVD player soon as I get home from work....cue it up to these kisses and just luxuriate in 'em, slow-motion-style....*must* get a crack at that now.... ;) *pant pant* Homina-homina-ha-*wa*!

Dawn.

18. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    oh Access Hollywood is just announcing the trailer for tomorrow!

anyway. Back in part two of this thread we voted on the picture to be our defender logo. It was a wedding shot with "A&P Defender" written on it in a bright pink. I have the picture saved and I have the blank T-shirt. I have not printed it out yet to iron it on the shirt. I plan to put the logo on the back with my screen name and then on the front put A&P Defender with screen name and my first name. I may also put a smaller version of the logo on the front in 3"x3". The one on the back can't be larger than 8x10.

19. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *excitedly jumping up and down* It came! It already came! I got home to a message on my machine but a short while ago - it was from my mom, saying that they'd already delivered "Jedi Trial", and now I've only to pick it up - undoubtedly tomorrow afternoon, for I am so *not* waiting any longer than that!....and, well, look at me....I'm just positively giddy here. :D Wahoo! *bouncing off the walls like a merry little sprite*

So-o, then, qingauk....when will you be taking orders for these Defenders T-shirts, eh? ;) *Definitely* want one, that's for sure....you *know* I'm on the list!

Dawn.

20. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I would like to know why on 99.9% of this board, you can bash the actors, bash Lucas, bash the movies, bash the fans who like the forementioned

I'd like to know where these fan bashers are so I can go ban them. Please send me a PM with links.

Anyway, as to bashing in this thread, I'd ask that it be curved, limited and respectful to the AP folks, just like I ask gushing to be the same in the Sanctuary. But the Sanctuary has it's "Gusher in Residence" or two, so a "Basher in Residence" or two is likewise allowed here. In any event, I was just answering a question that had been asked.

21. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    H'm, h'm....methinks I should keep an eye on AH tonight, then, to see what little teaser or initial sweet taste they might have of it....I've not yet heard whether ET will be showing the teaser tomorrow, but from everything I'm hearing - probably not. No prob, though.... :) I mean, very shortly, it really won't matter either way, because the teaser will of course be absolutely *everywhere*....ah, bliss! *gets VCR all primed and ready*

Dawn.

22. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I've seen the AH preview. It goes by realfast but you can see a pretty freaky Sidious! Can't wait!!!

--MissPadme

23. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I am so close....*so* close....to just giving in entirely, completely surrendering to the Spoiler Side of the Force....I know it....and it's rapidly getting to the point where - I *want* to! The steeled high ramparts of my disbelief are starting to take a real hit, and I don't care anymore, I just don't *care*....I'm *wanting* to give in to overwhelming temptation now, truly....I'm *wanting* to surrender....oh, help....

Willpower? What willpower? I know I have *won't* power....does that count? ;)

Dawn.

24. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    So it is confirmed as Sidious? Why does he look younger [face_thinking]

25. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Dawn

"Give yourself to the darkside of the force...it is the only way". [face_devil]

So you really haven't read or been exposed to any spoilers, Dawn? You mean, you don't have Hyperspace?! :confused: How can you survive daily life? Wow!! That does take will-power!!!

Soooo...you won't see the trailer tomorrow with the rest of us? That's a bummer....I was hoping to bask in the glory of it all with ya!! ;)

-AnakinsLuv

Btw...does anyone know what time it will appear on Hyperspace? Pacific time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.