main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Defenders of the Force - A Post-KOTOR II Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KOTORFan8, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOTORFan8

KOTORFan8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2005
    Title: Star Wars: Defenders of the Force: Part I of the True Sith War Duology
    Author(s): KOTORFan8
    Timeframe: One month after KOTOR II to sixteen years after the events of KOTOR II
    Characters: Alexander d? Cannith (OC), Darth Revan, Handmaiden, Bastilla
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, Romance
    Keywords: None
    Summary: Check out the trailer and author?s notes.

Author?s Notes
    So, I played through Knights of the Old Republic and automatically enjoyed the story and characters. It was probably one of my main influences for becoming a total Star Wars fan.

I wanted a sequel! And was more than pleased to hear about Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords finally coming to the world.

I received the game for Christmas and played, enjoying the game as much as I had enjoyed the first KOTOR. The only thing that greatly disappointed my friends and I was the end, a cliffhanger leaving so many to wonder: What happened to the Exile? What happened to the Hawk? What happened to REVAN?

And so began the ideas that spread throughout my mind that would become the story presented to you: Star Wars: Defenders of the Force.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Star Wars: Defenders of the Force ? Trailer
    [Lucasfilm logo appears and then slowly fades into black]

[?Battle of the Heroes? begins, quiet and slow]

Announcer: The battle between the Republic and Sith Empire has ended.
    Two humans, one known as Carth Onasi and the other unknown to us, shake hands as the sun begins its advent over the planet of Telos.

Announcer: A hero has finally met his end.
    We see the Handmaiden cradling a Jedi Master's Robe. The Exile is dead.

Announcer: And those who have lost mourn.
    We see the Handmaiden breaking into tears; Atton pounding into the hull of the Ebon Hawk, his eyes now brimming with years; and Bao-Dur lowering his head, Remote offering a long sigh behind him.

Mysterious Voice: ?The time has come to strike, Most Feared One.?
    Two dark-cloaked figures unveil their lightsabers and living whips known as amphistaffs, cries of horror emitting as they advance upon the screen.

[Duel of the Fates begins as the screen turns black, loud and at a forte dynamic]

Handmaiden V.O: ?The real war has begun.?
    A young man watches the sunset of Coruscant, cloaked in the garbs of a Jedi Padawan.

Kreia V.O: ?The Force will pick a new adept to be its champion.?
    The same young man, now known to us as Alexander d? Cannith runs through a corridor, his lightsaber emitting a silver hue.

Mysterious Voice: ?We have come to finish the mission she could not. We have come to end the Force.?
    The warriors, known as the Yuzhaan Vong, engage in a fierce battle with Darth Revan and Bastilla Shan.

Alex d? Cannith V.O: ?This will be the war that will decide the fate of the Force.?
    Alex d? Cannith and Darth Revan duel, the two blades of Revan striking in a hard blow against Alex?s single blade.

[Rage against the Machine?s ?Calm Like A Bomb? begins as the screen once more fades to black]

Mysterious Voice: ?We will succeed where she failed.?
    The duel between Darth Revan and Alex continues, now set on a train heading through Coruscant.

Darth Revan (onscreen): ?Why makes you think you can save the Republic? What makes you think you can save the Force.?
    Revan stands upon the train, his lightsabers pointed at diagonal angles at the ground.

Alex d? Cannith (onscreen): ?I will succeed because I am the son of the Exile.?
    Alex jumps high above Revan and comes down upon the screen, his lightsaber slashing the image to become black.

[Red, bold words appear on screen before giving to

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Again, I don't know anything about KOTOR. But this was so well written that I felt involved with the characters right away! Great work!

3. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    =D= WOW! i am a big kotor fan and i was extremely impressed with that! there were many cool little lines that got stuck in my head after reading them like "Fantasy became reality and then, all reality became fantasy once more."
    i loved the fact that handmaiden came running in to help the exile.. it fixes a big problem i had with the game. what happened to your party members at malachor v? it was stupid that the game just forgot about them more or less..(i know stuff was cut from the game)
    also a cool and gutsy move to have the exile die at the end.
    but anyway, everything was very well written and i hope you post more soon..:D

4. KOTORFan8

Mar 7, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Again, I don't know anything about KOTOR. But this was so well written that I felt involved with the characters right away! Great work!

Wow, thank you very much. I am glad that you now know some things about the universe at the time of KOTOR I and II

obi_webb: WOW! i am a big kotor fan and i was extremely impressed with that! there were many cool little lines that got stuck in my head after reading them like "Fantasy became reality and then, all reality became fantasy once more." i loved the fact that handmaiden came running in to help the exile.. it fixes a big problem i had with the game. what happened to your party members at malachor v? it was stupid that the game just forgot about them more or less..(i know stuff was cut from the game) also a cool and gutsy move to have the exile die at the end. but anyway, everything was very well written and i hope you post more soon..

Thank you! I am so glad that you enjoyed the prologue. And don't worry, the fate of the other party members will be revealed in due time.

I'll be updating very soon (probably Tuesday)

Thanks once again
    -KOTORFan8

5. KOTORFan8

Mar 7, 2005
    I: The Hidden Truth

The sunset had come to the world of Coruscant, easily seen from the spires of the Jedi Temple that rose high above the ground, a skyscraper among skyscrapers. On the topmost spire, a young man watched the orange-yellow ball of the sun begin to fade from existence, giving way to night.

The winds of Coruscant passed through his shaggy, dark-brown hair; the bangs covering the pale-blue eyes that he inherited from his father. The young man, known throughout the Jedi Order as Alexander d? Cannith felt the warmth of the sun wash over his face, letting his thoughts ring clearly in his mind.

Who am I? What am I?

The second question was so much easier to answer than the first.

Alexander d? Cannith was a Jedi, a Jedi Padawan. He was known by many to be a prodigy, a natural with the ways of the Force. He was even more of an expert at the arts of combat. At the young age of nine, he had won the Senior Padawan?s Lightsaber Tournament.

Unheard of by any Jedi. And still, this sense of accomplishment was overwhelmed by the hunger for a sense he had never felt before.

The sense of belonging and family. This sense brought him to the first question, the question that was so hard to answer.

Ever since his arrival to the Jedi Temple, he had been told nothing of his parents, of the family that he knew he had. Until the age of twelve, he knew nothing of his family; until he had come along, the man he had come to love as the father he would never have.

Atton Rand had told him of his family when he had become his apprentice. His Master had been best friends with both his father and mother during the Jedi Civil War. With those fateful words given to Alex that day, his worst fears were realized.

?Your father was a great Jedi Master during the Sith Wars. He died during the conflict on Malachor V only a few months before you were born. And as for your mother, well she??

Had gone clinically insane. She had gone clinically insane after the death of her true love.

It was so horrifying what the death of a loved one can do to you.

His mind suddenly switched to different things as something began to reach into the Force.

And speaking of Master Rand.

?So, what would you be doing out here at a time like this?? He could only smile, while his negative thoughts shifted to the positive, as Atton Rand approached, crouching beside the Jedi Padawan. Still after years of Apprenticeship to the man, the Jedi Padawan could not believe how his Master had become a Jedi in the first place.

When did smugglers become Jedi?

?I love watching the sunset. It helps me reflect.? He turned his head towards Atton, smiling as the Jedi Master began to watch the sunset.

?Your father was a man who loved to reflect. He would look out at the stars, resting his legs on the controls of the Hawk.? Shocked by this sudden message, Alex now stared at Atton, intently. Rarely did the Jedi Master ever speak of Alex?s father and if he did, he would talk about how the Jedi Padawan was so much like him.

?What was my father like?? In the Force, Alex could sense Atton?s worry at his question. Was the smuggler hiding something? The smuggler sighed quietly, now staring intently at the young Jedi Padawan.

?Your father was a great man, a master of the Force. He was an admirable Jedi during the Sith Wars and was killed in combat during the Battle of Malachor V after the Exile killed Kreia.? Alex nodded, now looking back out at the sunset. His life at this moment was perfect as the sun finally set, quenching the orange sky of Coruscant.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

He could never tell him, no matter how much he wanted young Alexander d? Cannith to know the truth. Now, as night was in its young years, Atton walked through the Jedi Temple, contemplating the thoughts in his head.

Why can?t I just tell him? He shook his head, which stared, intently at the floor. Why can?t I just tell him that his father was t

6. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Only Atton left, eh? o_O I'm not sure that bodes well for things to come... Don't get me wrong, I love Atton, but he's not the most stable crewmate, y'know?

I generally shy away from writing in this timeperiod due to what happened to my glorious storyline after KOTOR, before I touched KOTOR II. Well, maybe not glorious, but I was really attached to it. And the second game screwed it up. Le sigh. Darn me and my attachments to storylines. :p In any case, I definitely like hearing theories of what happened, and this should be plenty interesting to read.

7. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i like that you chose to make atton a jedi.. very interesting, as Alexander d'Cannith noted. his line asking when did smugglers become jedi was very amusing. it made me picture han solo in a jedi robe, lightsaber in hand.
    i think it would have been very funny to have yoda and han in a converstation. especially han around episode IV. he was bad enough with obi wan and i bet he would have found yoda a lot more difficult than "old ben"
    oh an back to the story, i want to see alexander and his mother togather! i bet that would be an interesting scene as she's "crazy" now.
    well anyway, keep it up and i'll keep reading:)

8. KOTORFan8

Mar 7, 2005
    obi_webb: i like that you chose to make atton a jedi.. very interesting, as Alexander d'Cannith noted. his line asking when did smugglers become jedi was very amusing. it made me picture han solo in a jedi robe, lightsaber in hand. i think it would have been very funny to have yoda and han in a converstation. especially han around episode IV. he was bad enough with obi wan and i bet he would have found yoda a lot more difficult than "old ben" oh an back to the story, i want to see alexander and his mother togather! i bet that would be an interesting scene as she's "crazy" now.
    well anyway, keep it up and i'll keep reading

Thanks, obi_webb. I picked Atton to be one of the main Jedi Knights in the story because I unlocked his "jedi heritage" my first time around on KOTOR II. And also for the interesting scene between Alex and his mother, there might just be one. Ya never know.

Commander-DWH: Only Atton left, eh? I'm not sure that bodes well for things to come... Don't get me wrong, I love Atton, but he's not the most stable crewmate, y'know?

I generally shy away from writing in this timeperiod due to what happened to my glorious storyline after KOTOR, before I touched KOTOR II. Well, maybe not glorious, but I was really attached to it. And the second game screwed it up. Le sigh. Darn me and my attachments to storylines. In any case, I definitely like hearing theories of what happened, and this should be plenty interesting to read.

Hahaha. Ya, we all know Atton isn't very stable, nope, not at all due to those "little" things in his past (which will be revealed to those who don't know later in this story).

And the storyline of the second game did screw things up a lot.

Thanks for your comments.

Next update should be this weekend (Saturday or Sunday).

Thanks
    -KOTORFan8

9. KOTORFan8

Mar 7, 2005
    I know it is really short, but I'll have Part II of this chapter up tommorow. [face_praying]

II: Advent of an Eternal War, Part I
    ?There is dark and light. There is Jedi and Sith. There is a difference.?
    -An ancient Jedi teaching

He could clearly remember the galaxy, the war that had almost torn it apart, had it not been for his ?heroics?. No, he would?ve had complete control of the galaxy had it not been for the millions of souls that had rose up to oppose him. The Dark Lord of the Sith, known to the galaxy as both Darth Revan and Kieran Solo, watched as his small transport jumped back to realspace.

?We have transferred back to realspace, Revan.? The voice he heard belonged to his love, Bastilla Shan, who was his dark apprentice as well. Her dark-brown cascaded down to her shoulderblades and her blue eyes pierced the darkness. Strangely, she did not possess the yellow eyes of the Sith Lords. Revan had always wondered whether she was attuned to the dark side as well as he.

It was a common trait of the Sith Lords to have yellow eyes, the eyes that made them different than everyone else.

A twinge of uncertainty rung throughout the Force.

?Are you sure on your decision to return, Master?? It was true that they were being followed by a ruthless enemy, the True Sith. In his war against the Force-sensitive race, he had retreated to the edge of the Unknown Regions and now had come back to know galaxy. Here, on his home turf, he knew he could defeat them.

Here in the known galaxy, he was the Dark Lord of the Sith, he was the hunter.

And the race of the True Sith were now his prey.

?I am very sure on this decision, my apprentice. Here, I have the advantage for we know the knowledge of this galaxy. We have the upper hand, which they once had in the Unknown Regions.? He smiled, sensing his apprentice?s uncertainty fade in grim determination.

Still, even though the Force could not reveal his own emotions, Revan was worried.

He was worried about the few who could stop this war, this eternal war that would either save or destroy the galaxy.

Kreia. It was the first name that came to his head. His own Master had always seemed to be fighting against the Sith Lords, but he knew of her inner darkness, her betrayal. Had she died? Had she survived? But, she was of no matter, for he knew that there was one more man who could destroy him.

The Exile.

Even though Revan had been in the Regions, he could easily sense the wounds in the Force, the wounds that were killing it. And he knew it was the Exile, the man who had both lost the Force and regained its power. According to Revan?s Force senses, the man had grown in the Force admirably. His powers were first to none, more powerful than anyone the Dark Lord had encountered.

Even greater than Nihilus and Sion, and Kreia, and the True Sith Overlord that led the war against Revan.

Or had the Exile died?

Did he have offspring that could be more powerful than him, and maybe even Revan?

There was only one way for the Dark Lord of the Sith to find out.

This is going to be one long war.

Darth Revan watched the stars of space pass by as the war began.

10. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i hope this is "one long war" as revan thought to himself. i want to read about it! and i want to read more!
    PLEASE...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.