main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defensive Shields? Are these...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Restrainingbolt, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    a must to play in SWCCG decks now? Curious as to whether or not everyone is using these? I've got one set of them in my Reflections 3 set and suppose I need to get around to picking up some to play with. My understanding is that you can play up to 10 shields under one starting effect (An Unusual Amount of Fear, for example). Does this inhibit your using a Staring Interrupt as well? Help bring a rusty player up to speed. ;)

R'Bolt

2. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    R'Bolt,

You do not _Have_ to play with the D- sheilds, however it is helpful to, to save deck space and so on. I know that personnally, I didn't start playing with them until 2 weeks ago, and even now, all I have Are the V-card sheilds.

Oh, yes, and, no, it doesn't inhibit your ability to play starting interrupts.

on the Decipher site there is a rule sheet that explains everything about the D-sheilds. I beleive that it is the Reflections 3 rulesheet.

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Are there going to be any Defensive Sheilds in the EP 2 card sets?

4. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Defensive Shield is a card type in the classic SW:CCG, not the new SW:TCG.

5. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I think MoronDude is referring to the virtual Fan Based CCG we're working on for Episode 2, ArtieDeco.

R'bolt

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, that's what i meant.

7. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    BTW, MD... I gave a shot at trying to produce a couple of E2 Defensive Shields. Check it out at Cards In Process

R'Bolt

8. DS-1234

DS-1234 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    Hey, ur cards rule!!!! I only wish they were real..... grrrrrrr

9. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    When R3 first came out, I was lucky ebnough to get both the starting effects, and most of the Shields (including 3 in one pack, grrrr).

Since then, I have found that in some games I just don't use them, and I lament the card spot they took up. In other games, they have been game savers. I always put them in just to be sure, but as i said, sometimes you just don;t need them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.