main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****** Definately Dark Journey Spoiler ****** Hapan Cluster

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WhistlerX-Wing, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhistlerX-Wing

WhistlerX-Wing Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    Teneniel Djo says that a new fleet that is almost as large as the one destroyed on Fondor was created. How big was the original fleet?

Also on p. 288 - What did that page mean?

2. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    the original fleet was... pretty big, as described in Jedi Eclipse.

I don't have DJ in front of me now, but I'll check out p. 288.

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    And look in CoPL for the original Hapan strength. They should've been able to wipe the frickin' floor with the Vong with that kind of hardware...

4. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Dark Journey's out? AHHH!!!! spending too much time roleplaying, fergot why I was wasting time in the first place!1!

5. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    i think thats cool that the fleet has been rebuilt, even though thousands of lives were lost, its good to know that they are back to their full strength :)

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    A big fleet and a warrior Hapan Queen Mother...

I was really happy to see Tenel Ka take up the throne. :)

~*~Bria

7. WhistlerX-Wing

Jan 23, 2002
    What is CoPL?

8. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    courtship of princess leia

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

9. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    And when Jacen comes back, he will get command of a few a kick some vong @$$.

10. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    P288 basically means this:

Teneial Djo is dead by posison
    Tenel Ka accuses Jaina of being influended by the Dark Side when avenging her brothers
    They are under attack
    The hologram is a real-time holo of the hidden fleet
    She asks Jag Fel to command the fleet

¤Night

11. WhistlerX-Wing

Jan 23, 2002
    Ok, thanks!!

12. WhistlerX-Wing

Jan 23, 2002
    Any other thoughts on Dark Journey??

13. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    What ships do they have? The battle dragon, Nova class and what else?

14. WhistlerX-Wing

Jan 23, 2002
    It never really specified, but I think it would be a little of everything.

Also remember the Republic gave the Hapans the quicker laser fire technology. That should give their ships a great improvment.

15. WhistlerX-Wing

Jan 23, 2002
    Any thoughts on how the Hapes will end up?

16. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I would imagine with Tenel Ka in charge they would end up joining the New Republic when it gets back together.

17. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Being able to build up a fleet that quickly is impressive, certainly with all of its resources, Hapes could be a valuable asset to the NR.

18. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I don't like the Hornet Starfighters :(

19. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Are there any pictures on the Net of the Hapan ships?
    I've seen them in one of the Essential Guides, but I don't have a good memory when it comes to ships.

20. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    I think the Hapans only sent approximately 100 capital ships, with an unknown number of starfighter support, to assist the NR at Fondor. It's unclear to me how many of those approximately 100 survived.

I also suspect that that approximate 100 capital ships represents an unknown percentage of the entire Hapan Navy - and does NOT represent the ENTIRE Hapan Naval Fleet.

21. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Hapen Nova Cruisers

[image=http://
    wizards.com/starwars/images/sotg_gallery/40154_GS_sm.jpg/image.gif]

http://wizards.com/starwars/images/sotg_gallery/40154_GS_sm.jpg

22. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    It only says FIVE ships on Pg288, and if it was only a small percentage, how come they're making such a big fuss over it?

Ta'a Chume even said they're were not enough ships to protect the Hapan System let alone the cluster!

23. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Illuminatus_Jedi,

Just in case you're refering to my post, which I'm not sure if you are or not . . . . but I don't know "who" or "what" your pronouns refer to, (i.e., does "they" equal the Hapans?; the Jedi?; the New Republic?, the Yuuzhan Vong?; etc.)

I'll try and clarify. I'm throwing out my personal opinions here - so it's not a matter "bright line clarity" from the literature.

First, when you say "small percentage" I don't know if you're refering to the ships destoyed at Fondor OR the ships left in the Hapan Navy OR the ships recently constructed in Hapes Space OR the ships currently under construction in Hapes Space.

Second, I don't know how many ships are operable within the Hapan Navy at this time - Post-Fonder and during the events of Dark Journey - but I highly doubt that the Hapans sent their entire navy to Fondor - to me, on a common sense level, it's just reckless and its also plain silly. There are no guarantees in war, so why would such a traditionally isolationist and conservative government, even with a more liberal Queen Mother, take such a high risk in leaving itself vulnerable indefinitely?

Three, I don't think the five ships you're referring to in Dark Journey constitute either "the entire Hapan Navy" and/or "the total number of ships that will be produced in the Transitory Mist shipyards. Actually, I'm not even sure those ships are "new" ships. They "might" just be elements from the Pre-Fondor existing Hapan Navy.

Four, I think there is a "big deal" about the loss of the Hapan Fleet at Fondor because it was approximately 100 capital ships and they were essentially destroyed by "friendly fire." The Hapan vote to commit naval elements to aid the New Republic was extremely close, separated by the closest of margins. That decision to aid the New Republic was not a popular Hapan decision. The end result proved catastrophic to the NR, because the New Republic lost the assistance of an ally and imperiled the immediate future of Duro, as well as the remaining Core Worlds. The end result was damaging to Hapes as well, by the Hapan populace losing confidence in the Queen Mother Tenenial Djo and also by the Queen Mother losing her unoborn child as well as her mental and physical stability. Hapes also suffered by losing a large amount of Naval ships and qualified, trained personnel, as well as who knows "how many" capable naval leaders - years of experience that is IRREPLACEABLE. To the YV, I suspect it was a good sign in that a potential immediate enemy was removed "from the grid" for the time being, freeing up YV ships to attend to other fronts and objectives - which leads to an immediate collateral and a negative effect on the New Republic because "freeing up elements from Yuuzhan Vong Battle Groups" means more problems for the New Republic, the Imperial Remnant and the Hutts.

That's it for now, I gotta run!!! Hope that helds a bit!

Ana V

24. WhistlerX-Wing

Jan 23, 2002
    The Vong will just keep coming and coming.. They must have an endless supply of everything and they can't possibly over-stretch themselves because of that!! We're screwed....

25. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    I was wondering that also. The Hapans said they had five ships coming to defend the planet. So what. The Vong invade by the hundreds or thousands. 5 ships are not going to help that much, unless they are bigger than the conventional warships of the Hapan navy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.