main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DEFINE and/or DESCRIBE . . . "FanFilm"

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediTAC, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Ripping off a franchise. Enjoy!

2. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    A film created with primary regard to previously-released characters, plot, locations, etc. of which the filmmaker is not affiliated, but deeply, and often obsessively, wants to be.

3. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    A ton of work appreciated by a few! ;)

4. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Wow ... I'm sensing some negative hotstility here. [face_plain]

5. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Not from me! :D

My film will be out soon, and then I may have some negative hostility. ;)

6. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    For me, a Fan Film is the culmination of my love for Star Wars and a tribute to the immense part it played in my childhood. As a 31 year old father of 4, having the chance to make a FanFilm with my family seemed to bring a spirit of enthusiasm back into these old bones. Star Wars shaped my personality, my interest in technology, and ultimately my career path. Now I get to share this love with my own kids who are officially Star Wars geeks in their own right. It is my tribute to George for what he has given to me and my kids. I know I will never make movies professionally- I'm not trying to sharpen my effects skills so I can get noticed by someone at ILM and be offered a job. I know that I will never see one red cent for the hundreds of hours I've spent editing, animating, rotoscoping, and reading every single one of these boards(or just about!) So I guess bottom line for me is that- a FanFilm is the ultimate tribute- It's my chance to try and recreate a portion of the world that influenced me so greatly and to actually have the digital tools to create such a film has opened areas of my very spirit that I thought were dead for many years- I'm actually creative again. To be able to think up something in my head, write it down on paper, shoot, animate, and edit the thing, and then finally burn it on DVD or have it on the internet for the whole world to see is as close to childbirth as I'll ever see as a man. My wife has often commented about the special bond she had with our kids as they were in the womb and to see them grow inside her and finally make their entrance into the world filled her with pride that she could not verbalize. I feel the same way about making fan films- Any ways, I know that was long winded but hopefully that was what you were looking for.

Later- Jeremy

7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    That's AWESOME, unclepain. :D

8. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Fanfilm: a film made as a tribute or homage to a film or TV series by fans.

Short and sweet. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.