main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Define the Legacy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Loclown, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loclown

Loclown Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Ok, so lets say what the legacy actually is. It may help figure out what is going to happen.
    Is it that a Skywalker will be very powerful, be the hinge to the Jedi/Sith balance in the universe?
    Is it that you have to face a family member that has gone bad?
    Is it that you will have to face the decision whether to go bad?
    Does this legacy focus on Luke, Jacen, Ben, Leia or Jaina?
    Does it mean the Skywalker Legacy, or truly the legacy of the Force?

Post your personal veiw of what the SW legacy is, then how it applies to current storyline.

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    To me, the Star Wars Legacy is a reflection of everything that has come before and how it relates to and causes what comes next. That's why Legacy is so intriguing to me.

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    ^^ Well I think that's pretty much spot on what a legacy is. I don't think we know enough yet to try and define it.

4. ConservativeSoldier

ConservativeSoldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I think it's a literal thing: Legacy of the Force. I fully expect this series to address once and for all what the Force is. Luke's legacy is great and all--but there are bigger things worth exploring.

After tens of thousands of millennia, I think it's about time that someone (perhaps Jacen, perhaps Luke) figures out the what, why, and how of the Force once and for all.

I just think it's about time some mysteries be revealed, explaining some things and hopefully obscuring others.

5. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    What do you mean by the "What, how and why"???

The force is energy.....that's pretty much the basic definition of what it is.

6. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I think the Legacy is ultimately Anakin Skywalker's.

His progeny, possibly, rule the galaxy. That is if Jaina marries Jag Fel. I think she will. A galaxy balanced with Empire, order and altruism, and Jedi and Sith.

All are parts of the Chosen One. He's the only one that represents them all. And it means Yoda's narrow view was wrong. Anakin did bring balance, through his affiliations and offspring.

Thanos 6 will love this! [face_love]

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    There isn't one Legacy, but a whole slew of them. Legacy is a theme, not referring to a specific Legacy, although the main one we will be focusing on is obviously the Legacy of the Skywalkers, the Legacy of the Jedi, and the Legacy of the Sith, all of which seem to be very intertwined.

LotF seems to be doing what the NJO tried to do, but failed at. It's passing on the story to the next generation. You don't just do that by shoving the old generation into the background, you do it with a transitional period, which is LotF. We see the kids (OMG, they're 30! :eek:) becoming bigger players, and fulfilling their parent's Legacy.

We see Jacen becoming a Sith, like his grandfather before him
    We see Ben, finally becoming a Jedi
    We see Jaina as an outstanding pilot, probably capable of rivaling Han's skill by now
    We see Syal taking up the mantle, and is well on her way to becoming a legend in her own right
    We see Myri becoming her mother's legacy, going into Intel
    We will see Allana, the next generation, destined to pick up the legacy eventually as well, and we see Jacen as a father
    We're going to see Boba, leading the Mandalorians, fulfilling his father's Legacy, and that of the Mandalorians before him
    We'll likely see Boba's daughter, Ailyn Vel, who will probably continue her father's Legacy more than she has in the past
    We see the New Jedi Order, which finally looks like something that can help the galaxy and continue the Legacy of the Jedi order much better than they did in the past
    We see Lumiya, continuing the Legacy of the Sith, taking a new apprentice, so that the Sith can survive despite everything
    We see the Sith once again a force to be reckoned with
    We see the GA, finally a government that can carry on the Legacy of the "good old days of the Old Republic"

And I'm sure that there are many that I am forgetting, and many that will show themselves later. But Legacy is a theme, much like Betrayal.

8. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001

It's everyone's legacy cause ain't no one coming out alive or unscathed or unchanged.

9. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I don't know how long Legacy is going to be, or if the writers are going to be willing to set aside Luke Skywalker yet, but I was kind of hoping Legacy would be the end of Luke.....Legacy of the Jedi Order that Luke created.

Carnage

10. ConservativeSoldier

ConservativeSoldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    The Force is far more than energy. It's alluded to all throughout that it is an entity all of its own. It has a purpose too.

A question that has always plagued me is whether or not the Force itself has a destiny.

11. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I dunno, would you consider "God" in any organized religions to have a destiny? Probably not. It is certainly a deep philosophical question. The Force does differ somewhat from the idea of "God" in that the force is everywhere and everything where in most cases "God" created everything and is just everywhere. Perhaps if you consider survival to be it's destiny, and by extension the survival of living beings in the galaxy/universe...perhaps. If the force let's random crazy Sith Like Darth Nihilus or something run around and destroy all life everywhere, the force would eventually die when Nihilus died of hunger. If the Vong took over....beings the force couldn't touch, perhaps the force could have been destroyed.

Kind of a bad explaination, but like I said....pretty difficult question.

Carnage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.