main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'Defining Us" Sabewan - pre-Episode II (Chapter 1, Post 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    "Defining Us"
    by obi's girl

Summary: After an assassination attempt on Ambassador Sabé Maberrie, Obi-Wan is assigned to act as her bodyguard and the two of them rediscover their hidden past...
    A/N: 3 yrs. before AoTc, Anakin is 16 (Oh God, that's scary), Obi-Wan is in his early thirties or something. The point is, this fic is AU but still cannon to AotC.
    Special Thanks: Thanks to everyone who helped spark ideas for this fic. That's everyone that was involved in my planning thread. Many thanks to my wonderful beta, SobiFan. If you want me to beta your Sabewan series, just pm me. I would love to do it.
    Dedication: To the mother of all Sabewan fanfics, this genre would not exist if it weren't for you, JazzyJedi. Thank you. Love your writing and he he, you were almost an Obidala 'shipper. You're still wonderful.
    Rating: PG-13

Once this fic is done, I'm going to be sending it off to websites (notably, 'Whispers of the Force and hopefully, SO...? ). Also, you'll be able to find 'Defining Us' on my Sabewan website, Fated to Be )

This is just a teaser. I'll start posting more chapters July 8th.

Chapter 1, Post 1

Sabé Maberrie huffed, feeling a little tired after staying up five extra hours, going over paperwork for something or other. She didn't really know what the paperwork was for, probably something important. She fidgeted in her chair and glanced out the vast window that belonged to her office, which allowed one to see only the best view of Coruscant's sky. Sabé stood up, forgetting about her paperwork and walked to the window.

She'd been on Coruscant for about a week. Upon her arrival, she'd seen Senator Amidala a few times, mostly talking about business, but they still had fun together. After her reign ended as Queen, all the handmaidens had left office to live normal lives, to stick close to family. Sabé was offered Captain Panaka's position, but she declined. She stayed out of the public's eye for a long time, until she was offered the position as Ambassador. The position meant sitting behind a desk most of the time, but it would bring her closer to the Republic.

Of course, Sabé smiled? her new office wasn't too far away from the Jedi Temple. In fact, only half a mile away. She hadn't been able to visit since she'd arrived and she was sure, if Obi-Wan did know she was on Coruscant, he'd take time out from his busy schedule to see her. But he hadn't, so she knew he was probably busy with assignments and his Padawan learner.

As she stood there, staring at the Jedi Temple, a shadowy figure entered the office. The shadow reached for his belt, grasping a blaster and aimed it at the Ambassador's head. Sabé yawned and turned her head slightly, just in time to see the attacker and screamed.

Two other guards entered the office immediately, and subdued the attacker, but Sabé was still trembling. The third time! It had happened again and Sabé knew, it would not be the last time. In the back of her mind, she wondered? why anyone would want her dead?

~~

Sabé sat alone in the corner of her office as the guards took away the attacker. She moaned when Senator Amidala entered the room and quickly ran to her friend, grasping her arms. The two embraced briefly and then left the office, walking out into the hallway. One security stopped them, asking for a statement but they ignored him.

"What happened?" Padmé asked, walking her over to a couch chair.

Sabé shrugged, trying to relieve the tension in her shoulders. "This is the third time. I've lost three handmaidens since the talks to bring down the Trade Federation has started. And they were all referred to me by you,"

"I know," Padmé answered, her face serious, "And I'm sorry but you, you should have come to me sooner about the seriousness of the situation, Sabé,"

"Please, not another lecture," Sabé pleaded, "I can take care of myself,"

Padmé chuckled, "Take care of yourself? Sabé,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.