main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Defying Death - A/A - Reposted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jazz_Skywalker, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Senator Padme Amidala Skywalker watched the line infront of her become shorter as more and more of Palpatine's opposition were gunned down, the self-appointed Emperor watching.
    Dressed in an elegant black gown, Padme was determined not to let her emotions show. The only part of her that did were her hands, placed in binders behind her, fingers twisting the wedding ring.
    She would not cry, would not beg for mercy, despite her beloved Anakin standing next to the Emperor, watching all of his old allies be killed. Padme remembered it like it used to be - love, kisses, his sky-blue eyes gazing upon her with all the adoration of a child as well as the fiery passion of a man. She remembered love as it used to be - tumbling in fields, holding hands, laughing when their was no joke. Padme closed her eyes as the feelings and rememberance overcame her before she died. She wondered if he knew she was going to die, if he even cared...
    No, she commanded herself. I won't cry. I won't let them know.
    "Halt her," Padme looked up as the stormtrooper pulled her away from the door.
    She attempted to peer outside of the hallway into the courtyard, but was held back.
    Even so, she could hear the words spoken.
    "Lord Vader?"
    Padme gritted her teeth as Anakin responded. "Yes, my master?"
    There was a time when that voice could make her heart leap into her throat, when those words were full of caring. He still sounded like her Ani, still looked like her Ani, but something was different. His blue eyes had gone from sky to ice, cold and unbreachable.
    "I want you to handle this one personally."
    Padme took a deep breath as the soldier pushed her onward. She could hear his almost-silent gasp as she walked to the middle and waited. Anakin came closer. Padme lost control of her actions and her breathing became rapid, eyes filled with tears.
    No, Anakin, please!
    He was now mere feet away from her, drawing his red-bladed lightsaber.
    As he turned it on and raised it above his head, face betraying no emotion, she whispered, only for his ears, "I'm not afraid to die."
    Anakin halted, remembering his past, so wished to be forgotten by Vader.
    "I've been dying a little each day since you came into my life."
    The lightsaber dropped a small margin as his grip slackened.
    "I will always truly, deeply love you, and before I die, I want you to know."
    The Emperor was shouting at him to kill her, yet something was stopping Anakin.
    "Long or short, I vow to always love and honor you as your wife."
    Anakin's grip on the lightsaber was strengthened as he paused a minute. Padme bowed her head, waiting for the killing blow to come. Anakin rotated his torso, facing the enraged Emperor and then looked back, at her. In a second, he had flung the lightsaber towards the emperor, destroying Palpatine as he grabbed Padme's hand and ran off, choosing his angel above the darkside.

2. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    YAY!!!!! Ani chose Padmé!!!!!

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Jazz: Oh, what might have been... :_|

Good post. :)

Queen_Sara: A word to the wise: "No one is worth crying over--except the one who won't make you cry."

4. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    YAY!! I'm so glad, Anakin made the right choice, I'm tellig you! And Palpatine is gone, that's definitely a plus!

Seraph 8-}

5. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    Well that was good. (as usual)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.