main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Delaney Talks To Statues (Han & Jaina songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PunkRockRebelTKDjo, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PunkRockRebelTKDjo

PunkRockRebelTKDjo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2004
    This is my first songfic (I tend to be annoyed by them) so I hope it doesn?t stink too bad. The song is Delaney Talks to Statues by Jimmy Buffett, and the story is about Han thinking about Jaina?s life before her wedding.

Delaney talks to statues
    As she dances 'round the pool
    She chases cats through roman ruins
    And stomps on big toadstools
    She speaks a language all her own
    That I cannot discover
    But she knows I love her so
    When I tuck her 'neath the covers.

Han Solo smiled as he watched holovids of his children. This one had been taken on Yavin IV when the twins were five. He watched Jaina laughed as she pranced under a waterfall, being pursued by Jacen. Han laughed out loud as Jaina lost her balance and plunged headfirst into the water.

Flipping to another holovid, he saw himself trying to read a bedtime story to his three rambunctious children as they jumped around the room. When they finally settled down and went to bed, Jaina kissed him on the cheek.

?I love you, Daddy.?

?Love you, too, Princess,? Han said on the holovid, turning off the glowpanel.

Father, daughter
    Down by the water
    Shells sink, dreams float
    Life's good on our boat

The next holo Han picked out of the box was taken right before the twins left to train at Luke?s academy. The twins were saying good-bye to their parents and brother, ready to live up to their potential and learn the ways of the Force. In the holovid, a tear ran down Leia?s cheek as she hugged her children goodbye.

?Now you kids behave for your Uncle Luke, hear??

?We will, Mom. We promise,? they assured her.

Han looked at the holographic Leia?s face and realized that that was how he felt now. Jaina was the only child Han had left. Anakin had been killed. Jacen had up and married already. And now he would lose Jaina too.

Delaney draws me pictures
    She finger paints the sand
    We chase the dogs and hop like frogs
    Then I do my bad handstand
    She's growing up too fast for me
    And asking lots of questions
    Some I know the answers to
    And some I'm looking for suggestions

Putting away the box of holovids, Han found another box of pictures and artwork Jaina had made as a child. Pulling out a piece of flimsy with what he guessed was a drawing of the Falcon on it, Han remembered how hard he had tried to get Jacen into mechanics. How foolish he had been! Jaina was the mechanical one. By age nine, was able to fix the Falcon?s hyperdrive with only minimal help from him. Always inquiring how everything worked-that was his girl. He often wondered if perhaps Jaina knew more than he did on occasion.

Father, daughter
    Born by the water
    Surf's up, sun's down
    Life in a beach town

?Today Daddy let me fly the Falcon. It was very much fun. I didn?t run into anything like I thought I was going to, and Daddy says someday he might let me fly it all by myself. I hope so. I love space. It?s so pretty.?

Han read Jaina?s personal datapad and remembered that day. She must have been seven years old or so, and was terrified of messing up before they took off. In the end, she proved herself a natural pilot almost immediately. Pretty soon she could fly loops and do all sorts of tricks with absolute perfection. Even at that young age, Han knew Jaina would want to fly with the rogues when she was old enough, and when she had finally been accepted five years ago, it made him swell with pride.

And some of the things I've seen
    Maybe she won't have to see
    But there's a lot I want to pass along
    That was handed down to me

War was an ugly thing. Han had flown and fought for the New Republic in the hopes that his children wouldn?t have to. No such luck. When the Vong invaded, Han knew that the galaxy was an unsafe place for his sons and daughter. And as proud as he was of Jaina?s piloting skills, fear gnawed at his insides every time she climbed into the cockpit of her X-wing to fly into battle. His baby would be out in the firefight, out of his protection. Now that the Yuuzhan-Vong were gone, he could r

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Awww. That was such a sweet ficlet! :D :D

3. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    That was really nice, I loved the scenes with little Jaina and Han, really good stuff there. Don't usually read songfics, but this was too good to ignore, really great job!

4. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Awwww...
    Such a cute father/daughter story!

Even if she did marry Zekk...*grumble* :p

5. PunkRockRebelTKDjo

PunkRockRebelTKDjo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2004
    GreatOne: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.
    Briman: I usually dont like songfics either. Thanks for the review.
    Gina: *laughs manically* Yep, J/Z! Did it just for you. JK

6. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Cute!!!! That was a great ficlet!!!

OOH! It was J/Z [face_love] ME LOVED!

7. RenoaStormhaven

RenoaStormhaven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    Awe, this was cute! The song definately fit. I've never heard of it, but I could tell by the lyrics that it was a good choice. Nice job!

8. Canadian_Maple_Leaf

Canadian_Maple_Leaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
  9. Aniri15

Aniri15 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    aww, that was so sweeet :melts:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.