main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Delayed Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Guidman , Feb 23, 2017.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Hello fellow fans,

Not sure if there is a statute of limitations to introduce oneself but I apologize that this is two months late.

I'm Guidman, I'm 33 and live in Pittsburgh, PA. I first remember watching Star Wars in the third grade when they used to air the trilogy on USANetwork. Loved them right away and have been a fan since. ESB is my favorite of all the SW films. I think it's the best all around film ever (it's very close to my all time favorite movie ever).

I started reading books in the EU with the Jedi Academy trilogy. I've tried to keep up with as much of the stories and canon as I can over the years. I've enjoyed the hell out of the tv series and think they add a lot to the saga.

I loved the video games that came out in the 90s. TIE Fighter, the Dark Forces series and the Rebel Assault series were some of my favorites growing up. I got a N64 just to get Rogue Squadron. I still have my N64 and it still works. Tried playing Shadows of the Empire recently and fun fact, playing video games isn't like riding a bike. I was terrible at it.

Outside of Star Wars, I'm an avid runner and try to spend as much time as I can outside of my job doing that. I'm also the lone NBA fan in Pittsburgh.

The forum is great so far. I've really enjoyed it and have gained a lot of insight into SW from it. You can certainly find me in any of the Box Office threads (I'm a dork who enjoys following that stuff :D).

May the Force be with you.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome Guidman to the forums. There is no statute of limitations on introducing yourself, or for that matter reintroducing yourself. We recently had a member (cough cough Sarge) "introduced" himself despite being registered since 1998.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Delayed welcome then.:)

Guidman likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Bazinga'd and Guidman like this.
  5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Welcome, Guidman and hello from a fellow Pittsburghian. :cool:

Guidman likes this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hey Guidman, what distances do you like to run? I'm partial to 10k road races and survived one marathon back in '05.

Guidman likes this.
  7. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Sarge, I've run races from one mile up to the marathon. My favorite distance is probably from a 10k to half marathon. Nice distance that you can push the pace but no pain after.

Although a marathon is an absolute bear, I did the Chicago Marathon last year and it was my favorite race I've done even though it was that distance.. Unbelievable race and the city really supports it.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Have you discovered the "Fitness Goals for 2017" thread in the Community forum? If you want to talk fitness and running with us, that's a good place to do it.

9. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Yes sir, one of the first threads I found in the Community forum. A lot of good stuff in there.

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'd love to run, but I have a bad knee. If anyone decides to chase me I'd have to shoot first. :p

11. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello and welcome. :) My introduce yourself thread was about 4 months late I believe. [face_laugh]

12. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!! I'm a fellow Pennsylvanian as well! ESB is my favorite film too.
    See ya around!!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Welcome to the Boards!

If you're interested in Sith training, we have the Sith Empire in the EUC section. It's a fun group -- almost like a social and game thread combined. :p You get to complete tasks to rise in our ranks.

We also have cookies...and cake...and pizza. :D

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And all that Sith junk food is really good for your complexion too. That's how Palpatine keeps his rosy cheeks.

15. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    He was using an experimental line of skin care, and it wasn't successful so we switched back to Clinique.

16. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm gonna say that most of us look really good. And the most that look good eat the "junk" :p

Lady Belligerent PRICELESS [face_laugh]

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  17. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You know it's not real cake, right? It's just pictures on the monitor. It doesn't taste like real cake, even if you lick it. Trust me.

19. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    What? Is this some kind of Sith mind trick to get me to join.

20. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    No, no trick.

We have real cake, pizza, and cookies. The only thing that doesn't exist in corporeal form are the Force Ghosts.

And they eat their own special food.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't listen to them! Only the Sith deal in lies!

22. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I imagine that special food is space food then. Damn, cake vs. freeze dried Neapolitan ice cream. The tough choices in life.

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Ask anyone, then. We have it all.

24. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Greetings to the boards!

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, another Pennsylvanian! Welcome from the eastern part of the state! :D

Those old video games for the N64 were great! I remember Shadows of the Empire being the source of much frustration, especially the level with Boba Fett. The rest of the game felt like a breeze compared to that. Good times!