main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Delete Account/Change Username

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Tarkus, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Well I always re-read before posting but that's obviously not a flawless technique...

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Google offers a 'google toolbar'. There's a spell-checker included as well. Maybe that helps. :)

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I have a related question...

I would like to change my user name, but I don't want to lose my post count / history / join date etc. It may seem silly, but I'd prefer not to.

So, is there any chance that we will be able to switch names under the new system (once we move)?

Or, alternatively, is there any chance we might get one single shot at this when all the accounts will be imported to the new system?

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think once we get all moved and things settle down we'll have to decide a policy.

5. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    So, I take it we don't know what the possibilities will be of the new system?

Or is it just a matter of policy then?

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    It will be technically possible to change names on the new boards. But we have yet to work out what the policy will be about that, and what limitations will be involved.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    EDIT: bah, stupid technical difficulties.

8. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Perhaps allow people to change names like once per year or so? Need to ask in a special thread to do it? I could see how it would be undesirable if everyone could change names at a whim.

I realize I'm probably way ahead of things here... :p

9. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks for the advice, but what REALLY KILLS ME is the wrong there/there/they're your/you're to/too type of things. I'm just like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry for asking this again since I think I have already, but what about the possibility of omitting certain accounts from the new boards entirely, say, the ones that were never confirmed?

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    We can't do it during the transfer directly... but in a case such as this we may be able to delete the one you were never able to confirm and change your current name. I'm not 100% certain how it'll work, though.

11. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Okay, great to know there's still hope! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.