main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Deleted scenes placement for AOTC & ROTS

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Neznarf, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Hi all, I have decided to reinsert the deleted scenes back into the prequil trilogy. (JUST FOR MYSELF, I'M NOT CIRCULATING IT OR NOTHING) I did TPM and it turned out great. Im starting work on ATOC now. I don't plan to cut out anything except a small part of the deleted scene with Mace n Obi (the line about Anikin's arrogance because it is already covered in the Yoda scene). I realize that some cuts might be nice to do, but I'd rather make each movie as long as it can be.

What I would like some help with is deleted scene placement. I've never read the books of the films and Im sure the info is in them but Im sure many of you have. Most of them are obvious where they go, but many of you are SOOO in the know about such things I'd just like someone who knows for sure exactly where they go to shed some light on it for me.
    Thanks all!

2. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Hi!
    In AotC:
    1.Padme addresses the Senate: In the book this scene is placed directly after the tragedy on the landing platform
    2. Jedi Temple Analysis room: In the book this scene is placed after Anakin and Padme leave for Naboo and before Obi-Wan goes to see Dexter
    3.Obi-Wan and Mace on the landing platform: This scene is placed directly after Obi-Wan visited Yoda and the younglings
    4.Extended arrival on Naboo: Well, I think it's pretty clear where this belongs so I won't describe it any more
    5.Padme's parent's house: It comes after 3. (I know 4. is before 3., but I had the wrong order)
    6.Padme's bedroom: It comes directly after 5.
    7.Dooku interrogates Padme: This scene is placed after Anakin and Padme are caught in the factory
    8.Anakin adn Padme on trial: This scene is placed after the scene in the senate with Yoda and Mace in which emergency poweres are given to Palpatine

I hope I could help you at least a bit:D
    If you want to know about RotS too (I wasn't sure) just tell me.

3. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,,6.Padme's bedroom: It comes directly after 5. ,,
    What happens there?

4. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    I mean it comes directly after Padme's parent's house which was the fifth scene in the list.

5. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    1.Padme addresses the Senate: In the book this scene is placed directly after the tragedy on the landing platform

And this was where it appeared in the script too - except the scene was longer and involved Padme placing a guilt trip on the Senate and Senator Ask Aak and Senator Orn Free Taa chiming in too.

4.Extended arrival on Naboo: Well, I think it's pretty clear where this belongs so I won't describe it any more
    5.Padme's parent's house: It comes after 3. (I know 4. is before 3., but I had the wrong order)
    6.Padme's bedroom: It comes directly after 5.

In the original shooting script, I remember this was cut in with Kamino. There was a scene between Anakin and Padme's father too that was cut - a photo does exist of this cut scene somewhere.

Also, the scene on the freighter included a nightmare sequence for Anakin which Padme watches.

6. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    It was cut in with Kamoino? I didn't read that version... [face_thinking] Where did you have the original shooting script from? I would like to read it too.

7. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    I'll see if I can dig the old fossil up.

8. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
  9. RealTalk

RealTalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    Where would one find these deleted scenes? Are they on the dvd?

10. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    They are not on the actual dvd of the movie, but on an additional one. I don't think every edition has this additional dvd, but you can watch them on youtube

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    They are on the Extras DVD the second disc that came with the PT DVD releases.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This is good news! Its been awhile since I've read the original turn scene, I'd love to take a gander at that again.

13. Darth_Neznarf

Oct 25, 2008
    Hi all, thanks for the info on the ATOC deleted scenes. I pretty much had them all in the right places. The only thing I did differenty is the Padmes' parents house and bedroom scenes. I did not like the way it looked when I had them both together because of the way the bedroom scene starts (it starts with a shot of the bedroom from outside the house which seemed odd to me because the scene before they were in the house already. It kinda seemed like there was to be something in between them), so I decided to split the Obiwan arrival on Kamino in two pieces. When Obiwan arrives and speaks with the being that greets him, at the spot where she says "NOW PLEASE, THIS WAY" the next scene jumps right to the spot where Obi meets the the Prime Minister. In my version I split the arrival on Kamino in two pieces. After the Kaminoian says "NOW PLEASE, THIS WAY", I put a left to right wipe to the Padmes' parents house scene. After that scene ends with Padme looking out the window ay Anikin, I have a center circular transition that brings the movie to Obiwan and the Prime Minister meeting. Then after that scene ends, I have an upward wipe to the Padme's bedroom scene. Then that scene ends with a right to left wipe bringing the movie back to the point where Anikin & Padme arrive in the lake country.

This layout worked on 2 different levels. It made it seem like there was a bit of distance between where Obiwan arrived on Kamino and the room where the Prime Minister was in, and it also broke up the 2 Padmes' parents house scenes so the flowed better. I will put this segment up on youtube so you can see it how I have it laid out.

Also, the way the original movie is cut together it is impossible to put the Anikin & Padme on trial scene after Yoda and Mace watch Palpatine gain emergeny powers as Anikin & Padme haven't even landed yet so both of those scenes on Genosis are back to back.

Now Im doing ROTS and this one is a bit tougher on the Padme "rebelion" scenes. I know they go after the scene where Padme asks Anikin to talk to Palpatine about stopping the fighting and let diplomacy resume and Palpatine reveals his secret to Anikin scenes. I just need to know where. Also the 1st 2 deleted scenes in Grevious' ship are gonna be tough because in the commentary Lucas reveals that there were many more scenes that went with those that were never completed so that is gonna be a bit choppy. Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    :confused: Turn scene?

15. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    On to RotS, then:
    1)Shaak Ti's death: I think it's pretty clear that that scene is placed before Anakin and Obi-Wan have their duel with Dooku, but after they left the Hangar for they don't have the Chancellor with them.
    2) A stirring in the Senate: It's placed after the Council sessoin in which Anakin is appointed a member
    3)Seeds of the rebellion: It's placed after the Council session in which Obi-Wan is sent to Utapau (after Anakin and the chancellor speak in the Opera House)
    4)Confronting the Chancellor(Petition of the 2000): It's placed after Anakin visits Padme in her apartment and finds out that Obi-Wan has been there
    5)A plot to destroy the Jedi?: This scene is placed after Anakin's dream about Padme
    6)Yoda exiled to Dagobah: It's placed before the scene in which Vader and Palpatine look at the Death Star and Bail arrives at Alderaan with Leia

I hope I helped you some:D
    Note: These are only the scenes seen on the Special Features DVD

16. Darth_Neznarf

Oct 25, 2008
    Thanks a bunch GeneralKenobi7! The Padme scenes would have been the tough ones. I kinda knew about where they went but not exactly. The Ani & Obi scene(s) on the ship needed a bit of editing in order to make them work because there were a bunch more scenes that were never finished that went with them according to what someone said on the special features disc. I edited the tiny part where Anikin (with Obiwan) pulling himself up because it started in mid sentance and the end of the 1st part of the scene they were walking out of the fuel so it seemed kinda odd that they were in it deeper in the next second so the two parts actually went together rather well. Also the 3 second part of Anikin crawling through the ship with the EPISODE III on it was cut out as well. Obiwan is behind him so it didn't make a lot of sence for him to look behind anyway. I also edited out the ship blowing up from the outside after the fuel explosion because it was an animatic and wasn't finished and wasn't even a full widescreen shot. So the fuel blows up on the inside then it goes right to the hatch that Anikin just welded. Thats all for tonight, time for bed lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.