main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Deleted scenes

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by darthgoat, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Personally I love deleted scenes. I love em almost as much as the films because it gives you an insight into what could have been. In a few cases you get some really eye opening scenes, but in most cases you get crap.

I found this site today:

http://starwarz.com/tbone/cut_scenes/ep6/

All the deleted scenes from all episodes.

Now I guess my question is, WHY WAS THIS NOT ON THE DVD SET? We get one disc of extras which by and large blow. The Empire of Dreams is the only thing worth watching but only marginally so if you watched it on A&E for free(or whatever you pay for cable).

I'm looking over the site and there is literally a mountain of material there that I'm sure fans would love to see but unless you've got broadband or a lot of patience you won't. Unless....DOH! He's gonna make ANOTHER box set!

Seriously, this stuff should have been included on several discs as a gift to the fans for making Lucas one rich dude.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Enjoy the deleted scenes and material.

BTW-for those looking for the DVDs for cheap, I've seen the whole set go for about 30 bucks NEW on ebay. Just FYI.

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I am sure that there will be the "Ulitmate Platinum Edition" DVD boxed set available in 2007 or something. This will feature a lot (but not all) of these other features. I am sure that this set will have the "exclusive first-ever look" at the TV show, accessible to Hyperspace members by putting the DVD in your computer and logging on to starwars.com.

This new version of the two trilogies...would that make it a sexology...no, that doesn't sound right...anyway, you will be able to order different versions of the movies, based on your preferences:

The copy purchased by GTA fans features Anakin roaming the streets of Coruscant randomly, running errands for the Supreme Chancellor and beating down Twi'lek slave girls and taking their money.

KOTOR fans will be treated to a prologue voice-over by Padmé where she explains how the Jedi Council is formed and the events of the last 5000 years leading up to the movies. Included is episode 1.5 (The Phantom Menace II: Birth of the Sith), shot completely in third-person, over-the-shoulder point of view. In it, we follow Anakin as he trains at the Jedi Temple, learning how to wield a lightsaber and use his Force powers.

LOTR fans will be excited about their version that adds an extra 2 hours of footage to Episode 2, showing the travels of Obi-Wan and Anakin across the galaxy. Episode 3 ends with the climatic battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan on the lava planet. Just as Anakin is about to strike Obi-wan down, Yaddle jumps on Anakin's back and grabs his lightsaber, screaming "It's mine, my precious", but tragically over-balances Anakin and they both fall into the lava.

GALAXIES fans will cheer for the end of ROTJ as Darth Vader, now a Master Creature Handler and BE, sends his pet rancor and two greater plains cats after Luke, who is saved by his guildmates, including a combat medic and two 3433 bounty hunters. The Emperor suprises everyone by being a Master Rifleman. Being overt Imperial, he spawns two AT-ST's in his throne room and blasts Luke with his Light Lightning Cannon. The CM lands a Mind Disease D on the Emperor and the Rebel BH's hit him with scatterpistols and Mind Shot 3. Since the Emperor forgot to clone or buy insurance when he boarded the Death Star, he spawns at the closest cloning facility on Endor, where he is promptly beaten down by ewoks (who con light-blue by the way, go figure). He nows sends a nasty e-mail to SOE complaining that the Rebels are not class-balanced and that the ewoks need to be nerfed.

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Crappy changes to the OT aside, my main question about the DVD set remains: 4 discs? In an age when two-disc "collector's" editions are commonplace for single films (hell, "Clerks" gets three discs these days) the most popular movie trilogy of all time warrants a single Extras disc for all three films? The Matrix Box-o-Feces that's on its way includes ten discs... I guess Joel Silver's willing to give us special features on the making of a crappy cartoon spun-off from a crappy movie, but LFL can't be bothered to give its fans even a taste of the extra Wampa footage.

I know, I know: dead horse, and all that. I'll stop now.

-Le Penguin
    "This country is going straight to Hell."

4. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I'm watching the Director's Cut of Daredevil right now and I gotta say that all the deleted stuff that they edited back into the film is making a hell of a difference. The film actually has a fleshed out plot and the characters are very well developed now, and there's a very interesting subplot where Matt Murdock defends Coolio in court for the murder of a prostitute that backs up the whole 'I'm not he bad guy' sub-plot and it's funnier (due to more Jon Favreau scenes). It sucks that all the good stuff always gets cut out of films.

5. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I am generally of the mindset that "director's editions" are mixed bags; I hold the heretical view that the LOTR movies aren't really improved much by the extended editions, for example.

at the same time, it is criminal that the entire SW trilogy merited only one disc of extras, no matter how great I think that disc is. and the deleted scenes have a HUGE place in the picture, and Lucas has shown his willingness to release deleted scenes on the prequels, and even some of the OT deleted scenes are OUT anyway (the biggs scenes were on the Making the Magic CD Rom set).

which all points to the evil truth we all know: when the next DVD format is released, we'll get a bigger boffo box set, with all the **** that didn't make it onto this set (deleted scenes, for one thing; the orignial making-of specials, for another) and thus lucas will do what he excels at: making nerds pay for stuff over and over again.

6. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I don't argue with the point of the "bigger boffo boxed set" coming out in a number of years. But the problem with that line of thinking is that GL will NOT go back and find the footage OR clean it up for a dvd release. This is the man who has at one time or another denied that some of these scenes (which some of us have seen with our own eyes) even exist. I'm fairly certain we didn't even get all the deleted scenes, that are in existence, on the new prequel movies. All we got were the ones that GL felt like finishing the effects on.
    Remember as well, he is NOT hurting for money, nor will he ever be! If this ever came to fruition it would be because of studio people and affiliates pressuring him to do it so that they can make some more money off of an old product. But we also already know that GL doesn't cave to the desires of anyone but GL (and of course all the little children that make up the SW fandom world in his head).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.