main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Deleted Scenes

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MYMUTHAZ, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm sorry if this is already I topic (I did attempt to find one)

I'd love to see a list of deleted scenes from TFA, ones we have seen & ones we have yet to see.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    These are the ones from the first bluray/DVD release:

“Finn and the Villager”
    “Jakku Message”
    “X-Wings Prepare for Lightspeed”
    “Kylo Searches The Falcon”
    “Snow Speeder Chase”
    “Finn Will Be Fine.”

From Digital release
    “Tunnel Standoff”

3D release
    "Unkar Plutt At Maz’s Castle"
    "Leia and the Resistance"

What else is there? What scenes do we know of that haven't yet surfaced?

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd be surprised that there would be others. That seems like quite abit, as far as full-out deleted scenes go...

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    There were more scenes in Maz's cantina, after they meet Maz but before Finn tried to leave.

There were also more scenes of Finn, Han and Chewie as they head through Starkiller base to find Rey.

More with Korr Sella on Hosnian Prime.

I don't know if they'll ever show these or if there are any more.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I was glad to see this post, as I haven't found a deleted scenes discussion post yet.

I just re-watched them now, and I always smile fondly when Leia says "never underestimate a droid." I love those little OT throwbacks and wish they kept that scene in, though I guess it wasn't really needed.

I'm sure if there are more deleted scenes they're being kept under lock & key for a special release. Maybe even after this trilogy is completed, which seems like a life time from now..

6. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I want to see more deleted scenes, namely one where Maz uses the Force. It would be cool if they could clean up a few of the deleted scenes and offer an extended cut to the film.

7. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001

Same I'll take it all!

Darth Dnej likes this.
  8. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I think there were stuff deleted from the opening shootout on Jakku. We only ever see one person with a blaster preparing herself as the FO is arriving, yet in the background of the shootout we see tons of people. Plus, this track kind of cuts off at 3:14 in the actual movie, so I think there definitely was some more scenes there.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I love the "Leia and the Resistance" scene, I'm upset it was held back for the 3D release - I don't know a single person that buys those. I'd honestly like to see this scene reincorporated into the film.

10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i think i was glad they were all cut possibly... i really liked the one with kylo ren on the falcon as it just seemed to ring with internal pain. but we didn't need another "... han solo ..." lol

also i was wondering why the FO just left the falcon there after they found it... seems ridiculous...

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Beard_vs_Geek

Beard_vs_Geek Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2016
    Honestly I was rather disappointed with the deleted scenes. I was hoping for a subplot dealing more with the New Republic and Princess Leia and we didn't get it. The first time I watched the film the climax wasn't all that meaningful to me because I didn't for that relationship with that New Republic.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree, Beard_vs_Geek, after watching all of the deleted scenes, I found myself saying "I can see why they left that out." Unlike many other deleted scenes in the saga, where I really wished they'd left it in...

oncafar likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The only deleted scene I really liked was Leia and the Resistance. It gave us a little bit of that Carrie Fisher humour that was mostly missing from TFA. I see why the scene was deleted though, as waiting to introduce Leia a little later made more sense for the film.

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I enjoyed Leia's intro in the film, and wouldn't want to change it, but I'd love to see her deleted scene added to a special edition at a different time in the movie. That Carrie / Leia wit would have made a nice addition to the movie.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Hello. I watch TFA again yesterday, it's been a while since watching the movie, because I did not like it very much. I realized the movie seems to have new plans, something like that. Is it an extended version, or is it my impression?

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Plans??

17. Darth_Anxious

Darth_Anxious Jedi Master

Jan 16, 2005
    From the marketing of the film I can think about the scene of Kylo igniting his lightsaber at the forest; Maz Kanata handing the lightsaber to Leia (trailers). Also there were pictures of Captain Phasma at the set of Takodana Battle. I got the impression that Maz and Phasma had their roles greatly reduced in the final cut.

Besides the scenes deleted for pacing reasons there are those that belong to alternate versions of the story, such as Luke's hand floating with the lightsaber at the very beggining, also some of the force vision, where Rey would watch Luke and Vader duel, then see some form of Snoke. These are confirmed in this interview with an editor:

Another scene that was even described in early scoops from the movie was about a secret weapon from the Resistance to crash the shield from Starkiller Base, called in production of Sledgehammer. There are photos from the concept art in the book Art of TFA, I saw them here at the boards. I don't know if this scene was complete with the effects done, but the filming of the characters discussing this plan probably were.
    It is unlikely we're gonna see those scenes from alternate versions of the story. like we haven't seen those from Rogue One.

From the deleted scenes already known I don't miss most. Perhaps, the Kylo in the Falcon and Leia's, although I understand why they didn't fit.
    I would've liked to see the scene with Korr Sella and anything more about the New Republic subplot.

Another one I'd like back is that with the stormtroopers inside Maz' Castle, only because it explains Finn loosing his weapon before he gets the lightsaber from Maz, instead of creating a minor continuity error that have bugged me after I've noticed it..

18. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I can understand the decision to hold back Leia's re-introduction till it was revealed on Takodana. But I believe they should have had some peek at the New Republic and the distinction between them and the Resistance. Perhaps with a hologram of "someone" talking, we can't tell quite who, to the envoy that we see getting nuked in the film.

whostheBossk and Strongbow like this.
  19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I agree with that. I understand why they made that call, and I think it works fine in the movie. But as a minutiae junkie, I would have preferred a a little more information about who the Resistance was. The Hux speech helped clarify the relationship a bit, but that actually comes pretty far into the movie. Perhaps a scene with just Kor on Hosnian Prime representing the Resistance to the Republic would have done the trick, while preserving the Leia reveal.

Martoto77 likes this.
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I always enjoy deleted scenes, but instead, I'd like to see the outtakes, and screw ups.

21. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I just realized that I've never watched the deleted scenes! I must check out the Leia and the Rebellion and Kylo Ren on the Falcon ones.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sometimes I'll watch it and remove scenes that I didn't like. Those are now deleted scenes.

23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Not a deleted scene, but this thread is close enough and it's not worth it's own thread, sooo: I think I made sense of two of the awkward cuts in the Battle of Takodana. The first one being after Han/Finn/Chewie get captured, it immediately cuts to them being rescued by the Resistance, aka no tension in their capture. The other being after Kylo freezes Rey, it cuts to three seconds of random battle footage before quickly cutting back to the mind probe.

Well, what I found out is that it makes more sense for the movie to cut to Rey being hunted by Kylo after the boys have been captured. Then, after she's been captured too and all hope seems lost, cut to the Resistance arriving. Removes both awkward cuts and generally makes more sense movie and tension wise, and I think that's originally how the scene played out. That is all.

24. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    It sure would be nice to have ALL the deleted scenes on one release.

25. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    The 3D release does have all of the above deleted scenes.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.