main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Deleted scenes

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Outlander_, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Has anyone seen the "Deleted Scenes Repository" at TFN? Its quite interesting.

2. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    There are a lot of those scenes that I really want to see... I hope that they load the DVD with all of them... :)

3. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm trying to stay away. I'd like to be surprised by the DVD.

4. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm all for the 4-hour version of the movie that would include all those scenes. That's what DVDs are made for.

If they're not included on the DVD in some fashion, well, I'll just have to do something rash.

-SJ/"Rash", here, probably would consist of whining and pleading... and probably not much else. ;)

5. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    i really wish they had left the waterfall scene in the movie. obi-wan all wet sorry teenager. all i'm gonna say. :)
    Red*

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Oh, come on now - you got to see him all wet on Kamino in AOTC. Don't be selfish. Now, Padme all wet...

Jeff

7. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Yeah, we saw him wet, but he was in Jedi robes!! Padme was bearing her midrif. I know that wasn't enough for some guys I know. Now THAT I wouldn't mind seeing on Obi-Wan! ;)

8. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Go see Trainspotting and you can see a lot more than Ewan's abs...

9. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    ummm own it watched it love it!!!

hehehehe more than abs.....
    but i would be nice to see him now.Not like that just a bit more... something.
    sorry just took exames.

10. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm glad they cut the waterfall scene, and it's not just because a wet Obi Wan does nothing for me, it's because I thought the scene was pretty useless, and only delayed things.

On the other hand, and though it was probably just as pointless, I like the longer pod race. Then again, other than the duel at the end, I thought it was the best part of the film.

Dwayne

11. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Hi Ben Here from Mineasota force

Does anyone know if Liam Nesson has a cameo besides that one voice cameo

Ben

12. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    What interests me when it comes to cut scenes is not just the story sections that get lost (see book), but the wasteful expense that goes with it. I've heard of all those scenes with Padme's family that were filmed in Italy and on the soundstage--all gone! And all those scenes at the Lars homestead (I feel bad for the girl playing Beru--only one lousy line in the end!).

But from a costuming standpoint, there are two costumes for Padme that were made, filmed but never kept--two very expensive costumes, I might add. The one used for Senate scenes that were cut is so elaborate, I'm betting that was a near $3000 gown just by looking at the materials used (heavy cotton velvets and silk taffetas--not cheap!), and the hours spent just to make it were wasted. Then there's the aqua emsemble we saw briefly in the trailer--I've seen full shots of that piece, and I'm pretty certain is was made from an expensive silk that was hand-crinkled and pin-tucked! Wow! What a loss! And it's not just her costumes, but those for her erstwhile family that we never met, among others.

But then again, Lucas can afford the moon, so I'm sure he doesn't mind...

This probably makes little difference to most people, but as a costumer, I understand the expense that goes into making these costumes (I've spent just over $600 on my Bespin costume alone for dyed-to-order silks and silk embroidery skeins). It's just mind-boggling to me, when I look at the cut scenes list and the images.

Alright, I'll go back to my hole now...

13. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Some of the scenes that were deleted from TPM were really unnecessary, like the waterfall scene, and the extended scene with the fruit-selling lady. I can honestly see why they were cut. On repeated viewing, they would especially bog down the film. However as a fan, I like being able to see them if I want to. I'm sure that any scenes that were shot for AotC will be put on the DVD. The costumes probably did cost a lot, but so did the locations, getting the crew there and any effects used. I'm sure, rich as he is, Lucas still doesn't want to just throw the money away. Plus he knows that with DVDs you can let the fans decide what to see. I'll have to check out the deleted scenes section, I just hope there's some Plo Kloon stuff in there. For a guy that already has two action figures, two actors playing him and being featured prominently alongside Yoda, Mace and Ki, it's strange we don't get anything from him. Alien Jedi intrigue me.

Dwayne

14. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    What I don't understand is the ship they inserted into the end of the extended Jira scene. Right after Qui-Gon bisects the spy droid, he and Anakin run back to the ship and they go past this other ship right on the edge of town. Insider had a still of it in the DVD issue where they referred to it as "a familiar-looking ship." It sure as schnitzel didn't look familiar to me. What am I missing?

15. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I just popped it in and looked at it, and obviously that ship is the... no idea. I don't recognize it at all. Maybe it's some ship that appeared in a comic book or something. But it's not Bossk's Hound's Tooth, and I don't think it's the IG-2000. It's not Kyle Katarn's ship (from either game). I just don't know. It looks kind of like part of Slave one with the rounded sides, but the wing is wrong along with the more angular center. Maybe someone on the "Phantom Menace" board might know.

Dwayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.