main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Deleting Kamino

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Andrelious, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrelious

Andrelious Jedi Knight

Sep 26, 2012
    I was watching AotC last night, and am curious as to who deleted Kamino from the archives.

Most searches I've done indicate Dooku as a likely subject, but could Yoda or Windu have known was Syfo Dias was up to and deleted it to avoid the Clone War?

2. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku deleted Kamino from the Jedi archives.

Zeta1127 and Darth Vader like this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Dooku, after he left (or just before he left, which IMO is more likely) the Jedi Order ordered the Clones to be made on Kamino. He did this, posing as the recently killed Sifo-Diyas. I always have liked this whole underlying mystery plotline throughout AOTC. Also, I always thought that that whole plotline would be an enjoyable read in some EU book. (Unless I'm mistaken and it already is in one of those...?? Which I'd be interested in knowing) I have always been intrigued by the events and circumstances surrounding the killing of Sifo-Diyas...I'd be interested in knowing how that all happened...[face_thinking]

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Darth Plagueis, a big plot point is Plagueis (in his alter ego identity) coaxing Sifo-Dyas into placing the clone order. After Sifo-Dyas told Dooku that, if he was planning to instigate dissent, he's already "one step ahead of him" it seemed like fairly good evidence that Sifo-Dyas had at least gone through the preliminaries of placing the clone order.

In Labyrinth of Evil, Sidious tells Dooku that Sifo-Dyas has placed the order- which can stand- but Sifo-Dyas himself must die, so the Jedi don't find out till the time is right. And Dooku kills Sifo-Dyas, erases Kamino from archives, contacts Jango and sends him to Kamino.

(this is Dooku's memories of events- the novel itself takes place right before RoTS).

Zeta1127 likes this.
  5. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    The bad guys didn't want them finding the planet's location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.