main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Delirium (Original Characters Single Snapshot Thread)--2nd part is up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Joon, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Joon

Jedi_Joon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2001
    Remember waaaaaaaaaaay back when when I used to do these? Well, I must be getting all nostalgic or I'm just missing writing Damaeo Niveh terribly. Maybe both. But I thought I'd do one. For old time's sake.

For those who read these, you know the usual drill. It's gonna be a two part snapshot thread w/the usual stars being Damaeo and his cohort Lewix. So, here it is. No real angst, just slight humor.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Delirium"

In hindsight, Lewix Winchard felt doubly guilty as he knew his own rather stupid actions had escalated the situation. But he felt it was his Force-given right to exact some blame on Damaeo Niveh. Lewix knew that against popular belief, Damaeo was not so passive when he really put his mind to something. In fact, Lewix could not recall a SINGLE time he had been able to sway the mind of his best friend once Damaeo had taken up a firm opinion on a topic.

And on the topic of the Temple Infirmary and visits, the 20 year old redhead was steadfast in thinking he'd rather battle down a Sith warrior with a hand tied behind his back.....blindfolded.

"Damaeo, you're sick."

"That's not a very nice thing to say," said the redhead, sniffling miserably into his mound of blankets.

"You know what I mean," Lewix replied, hesitantly. Actually, he wasn't sure if Damaeo knew what he meant. It had been nearly an hour since his friend had allowed him to take his temperature. It could have risen in the past 60 minutes and warped Damaeo's abilites to exercise cognitive thinking. "You need to take a trip to the healers."

Peering at the younger student from his place on the couch, Damaeo attempted a scoff. It came out as a congested cough. "It's just a cold," he stated. "I don't need to go to your neck of the woods."

"Look, as much as I know you're trying to exercise some pathetic bravado, here," replied Lewix, exasperated. "You NEED to get yourself checked out."

"An-Paj'll keep me there for a week! Just like last time and that was only for a sprained wrist," protested the older student, the glazed look in his eyes taking on some sort of defiance.

"He only keeps people there if there's a good reason," argued Lewix. That earned him a look from Damaeo that he could read, despite the fevered glaze. "Okay, right, so it was probably a bit longer than necessary..."

"A bit!?"

"But," Lewix soldiered on. "He'll be right in doing so this time. You need to check yourself in. You've got a fever, Master Searcher isn't here, there's no one to take care of you."

Damaeo gave him a pitiful look.

"Oh, no, don't even TRY it," warned Lewix.

"Please?"

"Damaeo, I'm not a healer yet, I can't treat you by myself."

"It's just a cold! I swear, you don't even have to make me potato soup or anything."

"Chicken. Chicken soup, you ****."

"Whatever. Please?"

"No!"

"Please!? Lew, I've got exams coming up. I can't BE in an infirmary for the next week and a half! You even said you'd tutor me. You can do it now." It didn't seem to register to Damaeo the ridiculousness of his suggestion.

Sighing, the healer apprentice crossed his arms from where he stood closer to the kitchen. He was rapidly beginning to regret even bringing this topic up to Damaeo so late in the other's illness. Lewix had noticed the paleness of his friend and the sounds of congested coughing not long after Damaeo's Master Searcher had gone on a solo mission. Knowing that his friend hated the infirmary, Lewix had hoped it would be a simple cold that would go away with little problems and had not spoken to any healer, not even his Master about Damaeo.

His decision not to inform the healers had only been sealed by Damaeo practically begging him not to say anything, insisting it was just a cold and that he'd be fine in a few days. That had been four days ago and an hour before Lewix had come to visit his friend and taken Damaeo's temperature after some arm twisting to find it reaching nearly over a hundred.

"I'm not going to tutor you when your brain's not fit to even recall your own name," stated Lewix, firm

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "Why's the floor moving?" asked Damaeo, confused.

"Because we're walking."

ROFLOL! Glad to see more of these, Joon! Can't wait for part 2.

3. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Hooray! Another snapshot! I love these!

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Heehee, Oh I love these snapshots! I hope you keep writing them! :)

5. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    yippee!!!!

6. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Here's the 2nd part!
    Thanks for the replies everyone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Lewix was not weak by any means, having to drag Damaeo who was six foot and struggling against their progression toward the infirmary, was proving to be an exhausting task.

"Hold still, will you?" grunted Lewix as Damaeo put up a protest. Almost immediately, the two fell down on the hallway floor as Damaeo followed Lewix's instruction and became dead weight. "Sith, you're heavy," complained Lewix.

"Bet...you're heavy too..." slurred Damaeo in a drowsy comeback.

"Yeah, but you don't have to carry me, do you?" Lewix pointed out as he marched on down the hall.

"Want me to?" offered the redhead.

"Damaeo, you're not fit to carry a..a...a really light thing," Lewix replied, distracted by the physical exertion to come up with a decent comparison. "Let alone me."

"Oh..sorry."

"Not...your.....fault," assured the younger Jedi in small bursts of air as he shifted the older student into a semi standing position by the infirmary entrance. "Right..can just stand here for a second while I palm the door?"

"Mmm hmm," Damaeo assured and promptly fell over the minute Lewix let go of him. The dark haired padawan managed to at least cushion his friend's fall.

Lying on the floor, once again pinned down by Damaeo's weight, Lewix paused a moment to reflect how grateful he was that there were no witnesses at present. "Damaeo, get off of me," he ordered in a leveled tone.

"Mmmphh...sorry, Rina," apologized the redhead from where he lay sprawled on top of his friend. Lewix quirked his eyebrows at the mistake Damaeo made in calling him the infamous bounty hunter the redhead had taken a shine to a few years ago.

"You're awfully pretty," Damaeo continued to mutter.

"Umm...thanks."

Lewix made a mental note to question Damaeo once the older student was a bit more coherent as to why being in a horizontal position might make him believe he was with Rina Vayda.

The dark haired Jedi also noticed that Damaeo was not moving from his current position. "Damaeo, get off," he ordered again and made a futile attempt to try and move away from the weight that was pressing down on him. He heard the swish of doors opening from somewhere near the left of his head. Craning his neck back, Lewix saw the familiar blue antennaes of Healer An-Paj.

"Are you busy, padawan?" asked the white haired healer in a flippant tone. "Because I have a few patient files I need you to update."

"Ummm...actually, I am a bit preoccupied, Master," replied Lewix from where he lay.

An-Paj gave a nod. "I'm assuming the person crushing you to death is Padawan Niveh. Normally, I would be concerned but your Master and I have had many talks over many drinks discussing many headaches caused by you two and so..."

"Damaeo's sick, Master," Lewix interrupted as he felt slightly lightheaded at the lack of air he was getting. "I think he's passed out."

"Lucky him, then," replied the healer as he bent down to examine the unconscious redhead. A frown formed on An-Paj's face as he felt Damaeo's forehead. "How long has he been ill?"

"About a week," Lewix admitted, guiltily.

"And you didn't inform me?" demanded An-Paj.

"Well...he..ahh, asked me not to," the healer apprentice answered, weakly.

Shaking his head in deep frustration, An-Paj gave Lewix an irritated look. "I have half a mind to let him suffocate you to death." But taking patient safety above all else, the blue healer eased Damaeo off of Lewix and picked him up as if he weighed nothing at all. Watching the blue healer carry his friend toward an empty bed in the infirmary, Lewix shook his head.

It's scary how strong Master An-Paj can be...

+++++++++++++++++++

About an hour later, Lewix waited nervously outside of Damaeo's room in the infirmary as Healer An-Paj checked over his friend.

"How is he?" asked Lewix as An-Paj came out of the room.

"He has the flu," An-Paj diagnosed. "A flu that could have been easily taken care of had he come in a little earlier in the we

7. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    :snerk

Perfect...

I particularly liked the blue healer finding Lewix a "little preoccupied"...

Heh!

8. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh that's funny. I'm especially curious, as is Lewix, why lying in a horizontal position makes Damaeo think he is with Rina? [face_devil] What's up with THAT?

I loved the whole An-Paj walking in on them sprawled on the floor and he doesn't bat an eyelash. [face_laugh] Typical An-Paj for you. *G*

And just what does his middle name mean anyways. :D

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I second JKOW- what does Orpek mean?

10. Jedi_Joon

Nov 1, 2001
    Thanks for the replies everyone! :D

I'm having a case of the dreaded "writer's block" concerning my other stories so I usually write these snapshots to try and regroup.

And judging by the current strength of my writer's block, I may just have to do a few more snapshots before I can move on.

Be happy or irritated, as the case may be. ;)

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Sweet! Loved the part where Damaeo could hear the sound of toffee paper being unwrapped, and decided that Lewix was going to die for eating them! And the part where An-Paj was of half a mind to let Damaeo suffocate Lewix for his part in the flu incident.

12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Awesome snapshot!
    I'm enjoying your other threads but having more snapshots will not displease me by ANY means!

--HAL

13. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "That's not a good attitude to have, padawan," tisked An-Paj.

"It's the only attitude I can have with this food," said Damaeo, indicating the bowl

LOLOLOL! The poor healers just can't win, can they? *g* :) I love your snapshots, they are wonderful! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.