main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Delray has "Sith Era" books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Klar, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Klar

Jedi_Klar Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    I am an avid reader of Star Wars Extended Universe novels and noticed in a new Delray Star Wars novel that they had apparently have novels set in the "Sith Era".

What novels are in the "Sith Era"?

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    The "Sith Era" listed on the rear dustjacket flaps covers galactic history from the Tales of the Jedi time period (and hypothetically the millennia before *this*), prior to the "Fall of the Republic" time period.

In other words, all of the stories from TOTJ, up through the Battle of Ruusan, the delineating marker of the beginning of the "Prequel Era." And this listing of "eras" isn't confined to simply the novels...it encompasses ALL Star Wars storytelling, from games to comics to prose.

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Knights of the Old Republic is in the Sith era too. :)

4. Jedi_Klar

Jedi_Klar Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    I appreciate your information, but what specific novels would be in that period?

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    That timeline isn't novel specific, it was designed for use across all official LFL medias.

6. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    To my knowledge no novels have been published in that "era." Only the TOTJ comics and the KOTOR game exist there.

~ DS5

7. Jedi_Klar

Jedi_Klar Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    That is startling that none have been written in that era. Those would make for some super interesting stories!

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Yes they would and I wish they would, but I don't see it. Del Rey would be wary probably because they wouldn't feature "major characters". [face_plain]

9. Jedi_Klar

Jedi_Klar Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    They should create some major characters like the NJO series.

There is some SUPER stories to tell in the Sith Era and some new characters could easily be created.

10. MuteJedi

MuteJedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2003
    they could write about vima sunrider, continue the story after the totj series...especially since the sunrider line survived till the fall of the empire....the sunrider jedi line lasted for thousand of years, they could be the skywalkers of the sith era

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Id personally love novels focusing on the Sith Era. Maybe if KotOR does well DelRey will consider it down the road.

12. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    I hope Del Rey does novels set 2,000 year before ANH about the adventures of Darth Bane and how the Sith Order according to Lucas in TPM had formed. I hope DR does some novels some time in the future after 2005.

13. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Knights of the Old Republic is doing great. If anything I'd love a novel set during that area but only if the characters were adults and not kids as in the NJO. I'm talking about 20s and 30s and older like in the TOTJ comics and in the KOTOR game. It would be hard for them to write a Sith era novel though since last time I checked Lucas was pretty picky on that subject, especially if DelRey or any other publisher tried to tie a major part of the story in with something post-ROTJ or prequel ear.

The little EU reference to the Vong was really vague and small but something like that might be allowed. If you never read anything from the NJO you would have missed the reference when you were being told it in the game, its a side story from one of the characters, you can completely miss it very easily as well. Something in that situation might allowed.

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    That timeline isn't novel specific, it was designed for use across all official LFL medias.

True. Though Dark Horse does refer to that time period as Old Republic Era and dates it from 25,000 BBY to 1,000 BBY. So I gues not all media uses the same names for the eras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.