main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Deluge-Ep III:Dooku thinks back on the reason he fell (a sidepiece to charmisjess's 'Rainy'

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Snow_Kaguya, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    ?That would be it, wouldn?t it? That would be the moment where it all whirled together, where the horrible irony of it all came crashing down on him, blowing him away into the abyss. To be honest, he cared for the boy, cared for him far too much. Qui-Gon was like his own child. He would be destroyed to lose him. After everything, all of Dooku?s cold logic, planning, his control, at heart he had been felled by such a petty, human thing as affection.?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2430731/5/ of ?Rainy? by Charmisjess

NOTE: Had to write this after reading. I suppose this would be same universe as Charmisjess?s fic only later during ep III.

P.S-I officially have her permission. Thanks Jess!

Can be read alone, but read 'Rainy' first to really understand.

Dooku had once come to the horrifying conclusion that he had one great weakness, during

a horribly rainy mission for a Tiss Monarch, a weakness that he?d spent years trying to beat

away.
    Qui-gon.

His last Padawan, and his greatest triumph. But also his greatest weakness. He?d grown

so fond of the boy, perhaps even loved his as a parent, that he?d come to realize that losing

him would be his end?.or his path to the Darkside.

And he?d stood there, among the crowd of Nubians and Jedi, feeling the grief of Obi-wan

mingle with his own pain, the sorrow and true liking for Qui-gon from the young Queen making

his heart ache. For all the energies around him had been filled with it, and served to remind

him how likeable his boy had been.

Boy?.what a silly thing to think of him as! He?d been over fifty when he?d been killed,

a grown man who towered over Dooku?s own head but still held the ability to appear completely

harmless and even quite loveable at times. But he?d always be Dooku?s gangly, overprotective

and somewhat ridiculous Padawan.

It was such a human thing, affection. Something Jedi did not allow. Perhaps if they had,

Dooku would have been ready for the loss, would of given his charge so much more love, the

kind of love such a shining presence deserved. Perhaps he would of not regretted never

saying ?I love you? outright, because he would of.

The Jedi, being one, had ruined him. The lack of compassion from his own Master, the lack of

anything really sentient, really mortal, had left him open to the pain. It had left Qui-gon,

if only for a short time, on his way to becoming a Fallen, perhaps even a Sith had Sidious

jumped at the opportunity for evil that was Tahl?s death. And Dooku knew it was only Obi-

wan?s intense love for his only father-figure, the way that Qui-gon had balanced his duty and

his heart to allow himself to hold attachment to the boy and not fall again, that had

prevented his rage when he killed Darth Maul from continuing. In a manner befitting ancient

Jedi such as the great Master Revan, Obi-wan had rejected the darkness within him with his

love for his Master.

He had not been so lucky, which was, he supposed, why he was about a minute from being

decapitated by yet another unfortunate Jedi unable to deal with the complex emotion that was

love. Obi-wan lay not far away, knocked unconscious, yet not too hurt. He would recover.

Anakin wouldn?t. He?d spend the rest of his life twisted in hate. Dooku knew how it

was, how hard it was once you fell to get back up. You even forgot your reason for falling in

the first place.

It had hurt him the day he recalled his reason. It was a warm day on his home planet

when he?d crashed to the ground in pain and anguish as he felt the violence behind his

Padawan?s death shatter the bond they?d formed shortly after Qui-gon?s knighting ceremony. He

had ignored the cry of Merome, his maid, as she?d dropped to his side with worry.

And he?d forgotten, in his Sith duty, just how much he?d cried on that one day,

more tha

2. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Haha, first!!!

I think. :D

This fic makes me both want to cry, hug on Dooku and Qui-Gon, and commend you all at the same time. =D=

You've done a really nice job with this. I really like how it's sort of at the end of everything that he realizes how much it all means.

Boy?.what a silly thing to think of him as! He?d been over fifty when he?d been killed,

a grown man who towered over Dooku?s own head but still held the ability to appear completely

harmless and even quite loveable at times. But he?d always be Dooku?s gangly, overprotective

and somewhat ridiculous Padawan.

This bit here is probably my favorite part. You give such a lovely, vivid description of Qui-Gon. Somewhat ridiculous. :D How perfect.

This is really sad, and wonderful, together. The last line is really good. I hope you write more Qui-Gon/Dook stuff, you have great instincts with them!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh that was quite nice!

He had not been so lucky, which was, he supposed, why he was about a minute from being
    decapitated by yet another unfortunate Jedi unable to deal with the complex emotion that was
    love. Obi-wan lay not far away, knocked unconscious, yet not too hurt. He would recover.
    Anakin wouldn?t. He?d spend the rest of his life twisted in hate. Dooku knew how it
    was, how hard it was once you fell to get back up. You even forgot your reason for falling in
    the first place.

I love this paragraph. It really gives fantastic insight into Dooku and Anakin. Sympathy and understanding as well.

4. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Charmisjess- eep! Wow, thanks! I certainly will do more Qui/Dooku....I've actually done one such fic before, my first on here called 'Masters And Padawans' I'd love your input on that too.

Healer Leona- Thanks, I've always loved how similar certain characters are...ie: Vader and Revan, Anakin and Dooku...and for some reason Carth reminds me a lot of an exasperated Obi-wan..[face_laugh] gotta love Dooku though...

5. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    [face_batting] Another Dook ficcie? I'll have to go find this....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.