main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*Deluge*~-- New alternate ending! 4/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I am so insane starting this! But I can't help myself... I really can't!!!

This is going to be just a two or three post fic... I think. [face_shocked] I remembered seeing someone mention that a relationship between Kyp and Danni would be interesting, and I agreed. (I think it was Reaperfett :)) I got kind of discouraged for poor old Kyp, always losing Jaina to Jag, so this is a little something different. Plus, my new friend Danny Quee was right when he said we needed more fics about Danni.

Hope you enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Title: *~Deluge*~
    Author: val solo
    Time period: NJO era
    Genre: Total mush! ;)
    Rating: PG (????)

~*~ Part One ~*~

The rhythm of the rain pelting the roof was strangely relaxing as she lay back on the small bed and closed her eyes, soaking up the calm the storm had to offer.

?I love the rain,? she stated out loud with a sigh to no one but herself. For the time being, she was alone in the small cabin. Her partner would soon return--- wet, she hoped. She giggled in delight at the thought. After all she?d put up with from him over the past several weeks, seeing him thoroughly drenched from head to toe would actually be very satisfying.

She rose and walked back to the window, peering out into the pitch-black night. Only when a flash of lightning streaked across the sky was she able to see anything at all. However, she knew from personal experience the dangers that lurked behind that inky veil. After all, this had been her home for over three years. For just a moment, she felt a tiny twinge of worry for her companion. He wasn?t familiar with this world, and despite his overabundance of self-confidence, Belkadan could be a scary place? even for a Jedi.

Just then she felt a blazing presence in the Force approaching and knew he had finally returned. Hurrying back to the bed, she plopped down, hands behind her head, and pretended to be unconcerned. The door blew open and a large, dark figure filled the entryway. Behind him she heard the steady pounding of the rain and bit back a laugh as he huffed his way into their paltry shelter.

?I hate the rain!? he announced emphatically with a scowl.

?Everything all right?? she questioned, trying desperately to resist the urge to burst into laughter once she saw his dripping form.

?Besides the fact that I feel like a human sponge, yes, I?m all right. The perimeter is secured, and with the lead we got on them, I don?t think they?ll be able to find us tonight.?

She couldn?t help it. The sight of his long, dark hair plastered to his face amused her too much, and the laughter sputtered out from between her sealed lips.

He frowned. ?What? You think this is funny?? he asked sardonically.

?Sorry, Kyp. I--,? but she couldn?t finish apologizing because, by this point, she was laughing too hard at the puddle forming beneath his feet.

He continued to scowl at her, gave her his fiercest frown, but it only made her laugh even harder. With a growl, he stomped toward the bed, slipping off his soaked cape as he moved, and then flung it right onto her lap. She jumped up with a squeal and threw it to the floor.

?Ew, yuck!? she declared, wrinkling up her nose. The corners of his mouth lifted into a tiny smile, but it wasn?t enough to satisfy him. While she was trying to dry off her pants, he took a couple steps closer and shook himself wildly, forcing any excess water to shower the young woman in front of him.

?Kyp!? she yelled in protest, lifting her hands to protect her face. ?Stop it! You?re acting like a child!?

He chuckled and offered one last shake of his head before giving in to her demand. ?What?s the matter, Quee?? he questioned with a hint of amusement. ?You can dish it out, but you can?t take it??

Danni glared at him, the typical smug grin spread across his handsome face. ?He needs a shave,? she thought and then scolded herself for paying any attention at all to Kyp Durron?s appearance. He was the most arrogant, self-absorbed, a

2. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    This is pretty fun, Val.

That said, you truly are insane. ;)

I mean, this is what, the third fic you have going now?! [face_shocked]

Well, keep up the good (insane) work! You write both Kyp and Danni very well. :)

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Yes, fun, fun, fun! I never liked the thought of them together, but you write them both so well that I like it!

WONDERFUl postie!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

4. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Its nice to know I can always count on Val for mush. Oh new post in da fic Val and its longer. :p

OWLC

5. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL, OWLC! ;)

Thanks, JJD. :) You know I love to convert.

And Danny, you have no idea just how insane I truly am. :D

6. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I always love AU ideas (look at Ripples!!! Plus I ALWAYS love the way you write Kyp! I can't wait to see more!

Anna

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I love to convert too! And I think everyone even remotely involved with Getting Over It is hoplessly insane.

8. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Val: And Danny, you have no idea just how insane I truly am

[face_shocked] Uh oh! Now I'm really scared... ;)

9. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    JJD, do you think Danny should be scared??? ;) He wasn't around to be a part of Getting Over It, so he missed out on the kimonos and pink tutus plus the 'cake'! :D Hmmm... cake... I have a hankering for some cake... maybe in this story???... :)

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Yes, he should be frightened to death! ;) Run and hide!

Cake...cake sounds wonderful! [face_devil] [face_mischief]

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    muwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! [face_devil]

I'm working on it right now. It's like an addiction. Kyp is just such a great character. Check out this pic for a possible Kyp.

Kyp for this story!

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    :D

Well, the dude's definatley got the haircut going...that's always how I've seen his hair. Hmmmmm.... *muses*

You know, the only official SW picture of Kyp that I actually like is one in Levithan where he's guarding Dorsk 82 and he's got his lightsaber up (it's yellow, oddly enough). Every other picture of him STINKS!

13. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I'd like to see that pic, JJD. And this guy is Karl Urban, who, if you saw The Two Towers, played Eomer. **sigh**

14. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh my goodness, is that who that was? Force, he looks different...

I love TTT. Amazing! One of my friends has the extended version on DVD already...I swear she has ties to the black market...

15. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    That's him, and he was kind of blond in the movie. But still, a sweet piece of man candy no matter the hair color --- know what I'm sayin', JJD? ;) LOL!

I'm so into this fic right now. I'm working on a little action sequence right now. It might be up later tonight. :D

16. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Cake? I like cake! I wasn't around for 'Getting Over It' on the boards tho I read it avidly on ff.net....... More! Yay!

Anna

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Anna, the trouble on ff.n is that you don't get all the fun in-between conversations. For me, that was just as fun as writing 'Getting Over It'. That thing lasted much longer than I ever intended it to, mostly because I just couldn't bear the thought of losing all of that craziness on the thread. :D Plus, I made lots of new friends and got lots of good ideas. Yay, friends! ;)

** back to writing**

18. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Told ya I was working on the next part! ;)

~*Part Two*~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?So, you think you can fix it??

?Of course I can,? Danni answered. ?Astrophysics may be my main area of expertise, but I?m also well-versed in engineering. Now hold that light still so I can see.?

Kyp rolled his eyes even though his intended target wasn?t looking. She was up to her elbows in the broken power generator while the storm raged on around them. He didn?t think it was possible to be more soaked than he was right then. The rain was coming down in sheets, lightning flashing violently in the night sky more often than not.

It was a deluge.

He turned his focus to watching her work. She seemed to know what she was doing, much to his surprise. Before this mission, he hadn?t known Danni Quee very well. They?d had limited encounters since Jacen Solo had rescued her from Helska 4, and he hadn?t been too interested in pursuing any further relationship with her. After all, she was a highly trained scientist, as she so often reminded him, and not the type of woman he was usually interested in. She was too stuffy, too soft, and too snobbish.

At least, that?s what he used to think.

Now, after spending the last few weeks in her company, he had a different perspective on the young Jedi scientist. She wasn?t too stuffy. He?d seen a bit of a silly side to her, and loved when he could say or do something to make her laugh. The sound of it was contagious.

As for being too soft, well, he had changed his mind on that one as well. During one of their longer space flights, he had asked her to share her memories of Miko, his former apprentice with whom she had been imprisoned. She had hesitated at first, but gradually opened up revealing strength and a compassion he didn?t know was possible.

And as for the snobbish part, the verdict was still out, but he had a sneaking suspicion that it was mostly just a ruse to guard her insecurities.

Kyp had grown fond of their verbal sparring. She was very intelligent and quick-witted, so when he was able to get the upper hand he never hesitated. Making her blush was just as enjoyable, if not more so, than making her laugh. When he noticed her staring at him earlier, the blush that showed on her face seemed to cover her from head to toe. He could practically feel her attraction to him, even though she?d never admit it. No, she was much too proud for that. But she certainly was in dire need of a good kiss. And so what started out as an assignment he was dreading, was turning into much more than he would have ever imagined.

?Finished yet?? he asked, knowing it would aggravate her. She paused her fidgeting and turned to glare at him. He simply shined the light right in her eyes. ?What?? he said innocently as she put her arms up in front of her face.

?Will you please just hold the light still and stay quiet?!? she pleaded sternly. ?It?s hard enough doing this in the dark and the pouring rain, but I don?t need you blinding me with that blasted light on top of everything else!?

Kyp bit back a grin. ?Settle down,? he urged calmly. ?No need to get yourself all worked up.?

?I am not worked up!? she declared, her fists clenched at her side.

?You sure about that??

She snorted and then spun back around to continue her work. Kyp chuckled lightly as he listened to her mumbling underneath her breath.

The minutes passed by slowly while the rain continued to pour. Danni was making little progress, but refused to give up despite Kyp?s assurance that he wouldn?t make fun of her. Now they were both silent, each doing their job while struggling not to think of the other.

Then he felt it. A tiny surge in the Force, almost imperceptible? then another. He glanced down at Danni who was still immersed in the generator. Apparently she didn?t sense anything, so he listened again. Maybe he?d been mistaken.

His head snapped to his left then his right, and he squinted trying to see anything he could. He had sens

19. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Wow, Val, I can't wait to read that, but I'm working on my own story now, so I think I'll wait for a bit.

And Val--kimonos? pink tutus? Man candy? I am now officially scared...

And if you are going to scare me so much, why not at least post a link to some more pictures of that actress you chose for Danni? ;)

20. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    great work! danni and kyp is an amazing idea !

21. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Enjoy yourself, Danny!

Yes, it will take you awhile to get through 'Getting Over It' if you ever find yourself up for a challenge. :D

Thanks Anakin Solo02! Glad you're enjoying it!

22. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    val, how come you always manage to make Kyp such a sexy beast? ;) It's all I can do to keep from jumping his bones and tearing his clothes off! [face_laugh]

I think there should be more pink tutus and kimonos in this fic. [face_devil] And some Kyp and Danni CAKE, of course. [face_devil]

Jae Angel

23. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL, NJ! It's not me! ... he just is a sexy beast! [face_laugh] The fun part is imaginining all the different scenarios as I write... ;)

24. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Val, thanks for providing that link! :D

Mmmmmmmmmm, Emilie de Ravin.

Y'know in some of those pictures, her eyes kind of look green...

Alright, back to your story, it's great! I liked reading about Kyp's perspective on Danni. I especially liked the part about how enjoyed making her blush.

Now I should get back to writing my story.

25. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Kate Bosworth always struck me as Danniesque.

OWLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.