main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*Deluge*~-- New alternate ending! 4/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Wonderful job! More please?

~Rogue

2. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    And Danny, I caught that little remark about me you kind of slipped in there. Beware, my friend. You have no idea what I'm capable of!

Uh-oh...am I in for it now? [face_shocked] ;)

But I didn't mean to "slip" that remark in there, it just kinda ended up that way. Sometimes it's hard for posts not to end up caught in the conversational crossfire between NJ and OWLC.

Believe it or not it took me that long to think of a response to your earlier comment. I'm afriad I'm not as skilled as others around here when it comes to banter. [face_blush]

3. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Hang around long enough and you'll catch on, Danny. LOL! [face_laugh]

I showed two of my picks for Kyp back on pages one and two of this very thread. It definitely needs to be someone with attitude and charm. I'm not too tied to the 'angular' thing. Like NJ said, he's a big boy now! ;) But definitely NO Keanu, and Orlando, while great as Legolas, doesn't strike me as Kyp.

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Orlando strikes me as too much of a sissy boy for Kyp. [face_mischief]

And sorry about that, Danny. Didn't mean to scare you with all the chatter! :p It's always a bar brawl with us around. ;)

Jae Angel

5. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm @ brawling with NJ and Val.

I was doing some thinking today as I helped walk a patient. I keep thinking of acting chops. I kept falling back to Billy Crudup. His character in Almost Famous struck me as very Kypesque. At times full of himself and yet at the same time very true to what he believed was right. And Billy Crudup nailed that role.

If not him perhaps Eric Bana. His character from Blackhawk Down was Kypesque.

OWLC

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    ReaperFett agrees with you on Eric Bana.

And I agree with you on Billy Crudup, I think. I mistook him for Skeet Ulrich, but I still think he was good in whatever I saw that had him in it.

Jae Angel

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Greetings, all! :)

Here is a short post, and I am trying to finish this one up as early as later tonight. I hope! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

He maneuvered her over to the bed and set her down gently.

?Now, let?s see what we have here,? he said as he sat down next to her and held the lamp closer to her back. Her shirt was ripped and bloodstained, and it was hard to tell how deep the cut went. As carefully as he could, he examined the wound trying not to cause her anymore pain. She had already surprised him by not bursting into tears like he expected.

?How bad is it?? she asked softly, looking back over her shoulder.

?It?s hard to tell,? he replied honestly. The lack of decent lighting and the condition of her clothing was making it difficult to diagnose the severity of her injury. ?You?re going to need to get out of that shirt so I can really see what shape you?re in.?

Danni jerked around and glared at him. ?I don?t think so!?

Kyp shook his head. ?This isn?t a time for modesty, Danni. You?re injured, and as long as you stay in those wet clothes, I?m not going to be able to tell how badly you?re hurt.?

She kept staring at him in silence, a frown etched on her pretty face. It almost made him laugh out loud.

?What?? Kyp said, feeling a bit self-conscious under her stern gaze. ?Oh, come on! It?s not like I?m trying to pull some sleazy move on you or something. I?m just trying to help.? Nothing but more silence answered him, so he tried again. ?Believe me, I have better lines than ?take off your shirt?. Give me a little credit!?

Finally, Danni sighed and conceded to his instructions. ?Okay, but turn your head.?

Kyp rolled his eyes but did as she said. He could sense her struggling and heard her whimper in pain a couple of times. For a minute, he thought to turn around and offer his assistance, but he stopped himself, sure she?d never accept.

So he waited.

?Um, Kyp?? she muttered after a few more tries.

?Yeah,? he answered.

?I, uh?,? she paused, ?I can?t seem to get it off. My shoulder hurts too bad.?

He heard the embarrassment in her voice and struggled not to make a smart-alec remark. Now was definitely not the time. Setting the glowlamp down on the floor by his feet, he turned back to help her.

Leaning down by her ear he questioned, ?You have another shirt in your bag, right??

?Uh-huh.?

?Good,? he stated. She felt him grab the back of her shirt by the collar, then felt and heard the fabric rip as he jerked his hands in opposite directions. Danni gasped when she realized what he had done and modestly clutched the front of the garment to her chest.

?Well, that took care of that problem,? Kyp announced. ?Now let me take another look at that cut.?

He moved the lamp up on the bed beside them to better examine his patient. The wound itself was not too severe and had luckily already stopped bleeding. No doubt it would hurt for a while, though. Using a bacta patch, he made quick work of tending Danni?s shoulder, but let his hand linger for a few extra seconds on the soft, warm skin of her back.

?Are you finished?? she asked looking over her shoulder. Some of her long blond hair had escaped from its damp braid and was hanging in loose tendrils along her cheeks and neck. With only the limited light, her face was shrouded in shadows, and Kyp was suddenly overcome with desire for her. He quickly jerked his hand away and stood up, embarrassed by the depth of his feelings. Attributing it to the excitement of the evening, he dismissed any thought of what he had just been fantasizing about.

?Um, yeah? all done,? he said shyly turning away.

?Thank you,? she offered with a smile. ?It feels better already. Bacta is a wonderful thing.?

Kyp hastily gathered up the leftover supplies and put them back into the medkit. ?You were lucky. It wasn?t as bad as it could have been.?

?It wasn?t luck,? she argued causing him to stop and look at her. ?It was you. You saved my life, Kyp.?

He was speechless for

8. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Yay! Another fun post, Val! :)

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ah, gotta love Kyp when he's got those kind of desires! ;) It makes me want to ravage him! :D This is why I am a Kyp fan! Jag cannot do that for me, because he's not sneaky or primal enough. ;) Too refined.

Jae Angel

10. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Mmmmm... primal... ;) I like that word, NJ!

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    FUN FUN FUN! I have a half day of school AND a postie from you! And a wonderful one it was! Love Kyp's reaction to Danni and Danni's reaction to Kyp!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

12. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Heh heh, I can definately relate to Kyp's desires in that last post.

Mmmmmmmm Danni... ;)

EDIT: Heh, I just noticed that this was my 200th post. Well, "Mmmmmmm Danni..." I guess that does just about say it all...

13. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Poor Kyp, the boy needs something for them raging hormones.

OWLC

14. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    He does, doesn't he? ;) Well, I'm about to fix that little problem for him!

15. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    a lil post up with past unknown also miss Val.

OWLC

16. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I checked it out, OWLC! And I'm almost finished with this story! YAY!!!! :D

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Told ya! Here it is... the end! Woo-hoo! Now remember, this is just total mush, so don't expect too much. ;) And it's quite fitting since as I post this, we're getting a horrible storm right here. :(

Anyhow, hope you enjoyed this little fic! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door to the refresher closed behind Danni and she stood motionless in the middle of the tiny room. It was an absolute necessity for her to gather her scattered thoughts after the crazy events of the evening. In addition to being mauled by a vicious wild animal, the feelings Kyp Durron had elicited from her over the past hour were enough to throw her mind and heart into a tailspin.

First, he?d driven her crazy, as usual, with his arrogant, self-assured behavior. Then something about him had flipped the switch to her sensuality, that part of her that had been lying dormant for all of her adult life. Relationships that leaned toward the romantic had been off-limits to her, by her own personal decree. Her career with Ex-Gal had taken first priority and the rest was something for later in life.

Was now really later?

When the cougar had attacked her, the frailty of her life had rushed to the forefront of her mind. If it had killed her, who would be left behind to mourn? Her mother, of course, but after that it would only be a handful of close friends who would miss her. No one special? no one who was just for her.

Then, there came Kyp, swooping down on that predator with a vengeance. He?d saved her? thought of her safety before his very own. What did that mean? Was he just ?doing his job?? Or was it more? The way he had gently tended her wound, the feel of his warm strong hands on her shoulder, it was all too confusing. She needed this time alone in hiding to clear her head. Surely she wasn?t actually considering Kyp as anything but a nuisance.

Shaking her head, she began pulling out a dry change of clothes, determined to not let such foolish thoughts continue.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not wasting any time, and needing a diversion for his wayward thoughts about Danni, Kyp busied himself around the cabin. Using the light from his lightsaber he was able to find some spare firewood buried beneath a pile of other items in a corner and spark a nice blaze in the small fireplace. He pulled a blanket from the bed and spread it on the floor, then stretched out and stared into the flames.

Kyp Durron did not do relationships? of any kind.

He?d lost his parents when he was young, been imprisoned in an underground mine until he was sixteen, surviving on his wits and charm alone. When Han Solo had rescued him, he?d been overwhelmed with the possibilities presented to him. Unfortunately, he fell prey to the Dark Side, killed thousands of people, not the least of which was his own brother. Plus, the fact that he?d nearly killed Luke Skywalker didn?t endear him to anyone else in the galaxy. So he had lived a rather secluded emotional life, which had been just as he preferred. Once upon a time, he?d envisioned himself happily married with a family of his own. Now he accepted that as an impossibility. No woman in her right mind would want to bind herself to one of the galaxy?s worst mass murderers of all time. And he was okay with that.

Until now.

The closest Kyp had ever gotten to a romantic relationship was the confusing whirlwind of emotions he?d experienced related to Jaina Solo. For a time he had entertained the notion of him and her as an ?item?. However, that thought had passed, and rightfully so since she was now happily linked with Jag Fel, a man Kyp deemed worthy of his friendship and respect. After he?d purged Jaina from his system, he had sworn off romantic entanglements for good.

Now here he was having fantasies about a spitfire of a scientist who could care less if he lived or died. Her IQ was probably twice his own, he snickered. No way would she ever be interested in him. What did he have to offer? Absolutely nothing, and so he pushed any t

18. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Very nice job, Val! This story was really fun, enjoyable from beginning to end! I wouldn't mind reading a longer Kyp/Danni story actually...but I probably shouldn't be giving you ideas. ;)

Oh, I hope you didn't mind my kinda drooling over Danni up there earlier today. She's just soooo cute sometimes...uh, for a fictional character. [face_blush]

Lucky Kyp!

EDIT: I also wanted to say I really liked how you worked what little we know about Danni's past and family life into this story. :)

19. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, Danny! :) Now wipe your chin. ;)

And now that that fic is out of my system, I can get back to those Jacen fics.

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow, awesome ending! I can bet on what happens next, eh? ;)

Interesting that they both don't like each other but it doesn't matter. I think that was my favorite part! :p

Jae Angel

21. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    whoa...that end bit was...erm...heated....very interesting fic! cute too...like Danny, i'd like to see a longer k/d too, but we shouldn't give you ideas...

or should we? ;)

-JSD

22. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Yeah, it was a little 'heated', wasn't it? [face_devil] Just as I had hoped. How could it not be with Kyp around????? ;)

And please, no more ideas right now! I'm trying to finish my Jacen fics soon. Plus, I'm reposting one of my old Obi-Wan stories
    Following Your Heart
    and still have my Ganner story to finish. Sheesh! I need to get writing, don't I? :) Well, as long as people keep reading, I'll keep writing!

23. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Wow, Val! You've really got a lot of stories going on! I don't know how you can think up so many ideas.

Yay Jacen fics! (Especially Jacen/Danni fic ;) )

24. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Aw.............................. I loved that. You portray Kyp so well in all your fics and the last lime was PERFECT! great job!

Anna

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    ?I don?t like you either.? [face_laugh] Oh, Force, that was SO in character for both of them! Loved it!

That was fun, val! You know I love everything you write...and that was really fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.