main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*Deluge*~-- New alternate ending! 4/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmmm... Kyp and Danni, Danni and Kyp. This is new. Hmmm... I think I like it :)

Okay, I'll admit it, I like it a lot. 8-}

This was awesome. Couldn't stop reading! Well done!

2. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks again, guys! :) I'm glad you liked the end, too. I love to mix humor and that 'other stuff'! It makes it so much more enjoyable. ;)

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, it's that 'other stuff' that seems to end val fics so incredibly well! ;)

val, can we have another post on the Ganner fic? I love that one. :D

Jae Angel

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Ooh! I love that one, too!

5. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    It's in the works, girls! I know exactly what I want to do with that one, but just finding the time to write and really do it justice... that's the hard part! Plus, I just love Ganner! [face_love] When they killed him off, I screamed at the book. LOL! How dare they?! At least they gave him a hero's demise. But if they even get rid of Kyp, I just may do something drastic!

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    They should let Kyp grow nice and old, or go out to save tons of people. Having him die for Jaina. . .meh. [face_plain]

Jae Angel

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That Ganner death scene was, IMHO, the best death scene in SW. I loved Ganner, but since they simply had to kill him off, that was certainly the way to do it!

If (and probably when [face_devil] ) they kill off Kyp, I hope his death is something similar.

As for dying for Jaina, Narundi...I agree. I don't want to see that happen. Not when Jag gets all the lovin' in the books!

Speaking of ways to go, my friend read this book where this girl died because she laughed too hard! When I'm old and wrinkled, I hope that's the way I die! I can't think of a better way! [face_laugh]

8. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    You're welcome. I was wondering are you going to write more Kyp/Danni stuff. because come to think of it I like them together [face_devil]

9. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay, I think I've effectively gone crazy, but I just thought of a new ending for this fic. I call it my 'Dallas' ending, if any of you are even old enough to remember that show. You can choose which ending you prefer. This is just an alternate. Tell me how lame you think it is--- but be nice about it. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Danni?? Kyp asked as he tried to nudge her awake. She made no sound or move to wake, so he tried again, a little harder.

?Quee!? he practically yelled into her ear. He saw her jolt from her slumber and stifled a chuckle. ?Wake up!?

Finally, Danni began to stir. ?Good morning,? she purred without opening her eyes. Then she stretched her toes and rolled over letting her hand come to rest on the pillow next to her, expecting to find a warm, firm, male body lying close by.

But it was empty.

At that instant, her eyes shot open and the empty spot beside her left her completely bewildered. She sat up and saw Kyp standing over the bed, fully dressed and ready to leave and continue their mission. She looked around the small cabin taking in every detail, but it didn?t make any sense. No ashes remained in the fireplace from the night before, and the overhead lights were on, clearly proving that the generator was alive and kicking.

What?what?s going on? she asked herself.

Then she glanced down at herself, and the confusion only escalated. She was fully clothed and wearing the same clothes she had worn yesterday?including the shirt Kyp had ripped to tend the cougar cut on her shoulder. At that thought, her hand went to the wound and brushed it lightly expecting to cringe from the pain?but there was no pain. There wasn?t even a mark. It was as if last night had never even happened.

?My?my wound,? she muttered massaging her arm.

?What?? Kyp asked. ?What wound? Are you hurt?? He brushed her hand aside and took a cursory glance at her back but found nothing. He straightened back up and shook his head. ?There?s nothing on your back.?

?But the cougar? it slashed me across the back,? she started to explain with a frown on her face.

Kyp narrowed his gaze and studied her face carefully. ?What cougar? You?re freakin? me out, Quee. What are you talking about??

?The storm knocked the generator out last night, and, while I was trying to fix it, a couple of red-crested cougars pounced on us. You fought them off but not before one slashed me.?

One of Kyp?s eyebrows lifted in interest as he listened to her story. Instead of replying, he urged her to continue.

?Then we came inside, you ripped my shirt off so you could tend my cut.? At the mention of that last detail, Danni turned away, her face blushing from embarrassment.

?Go on,? Kyp said. ?This is getting better by the minute.?

She took a deep breath and kept talking. ?Well, then you built a fire in the fireplace and?and,? she paused.

?A fire in the fireplace, eh?? Kyp snickered. ?Sounds awfully romantic. Now let me guess what happens next. You?re overcome by my blatant male sensuality and I carry you off to bed and make mad, passionate love to you all night long.?

He caught the surprise on her face and knew he?d hit the nail on the head. ?I was right, wasn?t I?!? he crowed. She refused to look at him, and he couldn?t contain his laughter any longer. ?You don?t have to answer that. It?s written all over your bright red face.?

She slunk back under the covers and pulled them over her head. ?None of it happened, did it?? she mumbled from underneath her fabric shield.

?Unfortunately not,? Kyp lamented sarcastically as he sat on the edge of the bed and pulled the blanket off of her. She forced herself to look at him, images of her vivid dream flashing through her mind. Kyp took her hand in his, that roguish look gleaming in his brown eyes. ?But we could make all of those dreams come true.?

The suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows was more than she could take. She jerked her hand from his and quickly maneuvered her way around him a

10. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    hmmm... i think i like the first one better, but that was interesting as well!

11. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Well, I liked the first ending, but I must say this one was awfully fun too! [face_laugh]

How was she going to make it through another three weeks with this man...

~* The End? *~

LOL, val! C'mon, be honest, you don't want this story to be done yet, do you? It's just too much fun, right?

Well, if that is the way you feel, I feel the same way. :)

12. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    [face_shocked] What did you do [face_shocked] Ohh, you're so evil. You're jsut like that serie Dallas. Bah nightmare. Ugh.. I hate you now, you know thatdon't you? ;)

Just kidding, but though it was a funny post, I hate this ending. Go back and delete it 8-}

13. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    hihihi......

I have to say I like both endings....
    That must have been interesting for Kyp.. :)

14. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Sorry, Elfsheen. I'm not going to get rid of it, but like I said, you can choose which ending you prefer. ;) It was just a twisted little plot bunny that hopped into my brain this morning.

15. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Dang, I knew you were going to say that :(

16. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL! Just wipe the last post out of your memory and be happy with lusty Kyp! :D

17. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    heh...niice. *can't remember whether has posted before*

Oh well. No harm in saying it again!

Good work, val! NIce little piece...though by the fact that you wrote an alternate ending, you don't want to leave this one here, do you?? ;)

18. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I don't know, Katarn. More plot bunnies are prancing around in my brain--- and you know how fast rabbits multiply! :)

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I think I like the second one, if only because it adds a twist to the whole thing that's kind of uncommon. ;)

And I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier! :p I've been staying away from the writing lately because of other things, so I haven't been on the boards too often. [face_blush]

Jae Angel

20. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    hehehehhe....that was priceless! great stuff, val...i think i'm hooked to Kyp/Danni....sequel soon please?

-JSD

21. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Well this was cirtainly interesting!!!

I must admit i never thought of Kyp and Danni together but You wrote it really well and i think that if Jacen and Danni werent getting together in the books right now it would be Kyp and Danni.

GREAT JOB!

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :D UP :D [face_love] Kyp [face_love]

23. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    This could use an UP!

24. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I just took the time to read through this fic. Great as always Val. You are so good.

I'm old enough to remember Dallas! :) :(

25. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, Lianna and Elfsheen! :) I'm almost tempted to do another Kyp/Danni fic...I do know that I'm going to include a little scene in one of my other fics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.