main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Delurk* LEGACY (The Force Evolution Series, Post-DW AU, J/J) - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Wildcat:

HMMMM...Same animal but different territory??? I can buy that (until basketball season comes around)

That's okay, you can take 'em. Going to UK unfortunately sort of cured me of the basketball craze.

Hey, where's Lex? I'm surprised he isn't making fun of the Denilers by this point. :D

-Sola

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD EVENING!

Lt_Jaina_Solo: You are just bound and determined to make me not study, aren't you? I've been so good in not reading new chapters (even on COJF )

Yeppers [face_mischief]

Are the other novelizations worth it as well?

ROTS. Yes!

Wildcat: This view is definitely skewed and I?ll tell you why. I?ve always found Jag to be the easiest character for me to sympathize with because everyone, including him, is always worrying about Jaina.

You called it. ;)

And I mean think about it, he doesn?t really have any close friends.

Kind of sounds like?Anakin.

I can?t even do your analysis justice. It was amazing and spoke to me of the love you feel for my story. I will be eternally honored by that. You were right on all counts. [:D]

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

That may be what it seems like to him, and maybe even to Jaina, but I simply can?t believe it. Jag loves Jaina with all of his heart, but right now that heart is in so much pain-that it is hard to see past the pain to the love. He will eventually, I have to believe it.

Powerful words. You understand Jag very well though. People should have faith in your belief in Jagged Fel.

AHA! Finally, she is beginning to see that while Jag made his own choices, she could have read the signs.

Yes. She is.

Sola_Halcyon: Second of all, TKL, you crack me up! Am constantly amazed by your ability to evade and avoid spilling the beans.

According to my pal I have a mastery of the English language. I think I am crystal clear. Evading you say? :confused:

She jumped! ... She jumped! ... She jumped!

BTW ? she did jump.

If you want an explanation ask after tonight.

Looking forward to Saturday. Any hints as to how many more chapters are in this book?

No.

Well yes.

One big one.

Chimpo: And you said don't listen to Chimpo in Cantina I told you I was right

Yeah?well?in the Cantina it?s all fun. Here it?s all business :p

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: So, maybe not for a while, but Jag will be recovered, Jaina won't be suffering emotionally anymore, and EVERYBODY else represents Luke (kyp, Soontir, Syal, etc.)

Wow! Luke is one big dude! :eek:

but that doesn't mean she hit....

Touché

I think I made my point...

You did ;)

Exactly. Now, not being married myself (and coming from a divorced family) I can't really say for certain what makes a marriage really work but I think it has something to do with being equal partners. It seemed to me that Jag was carrying an awful lot more than his fair share of the burdens. Not that it's Jaina's fault, but it's something to consider.

Most important ? communication. Communication is the key to lots of things succeeding.

lurker2209: It's amazing how you can say something so concrete, and I'm still not sure what it means.

That?s because I am a woman, and it?s my prerogative to be confusing [face_mischief]

Back later with a post?

3. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Kind of sounds like?Anakin.

Yes. Yes it does.

I can?t even do your analysis justice. It was amazing and spoke to me of the love you feel for my story. I will be eternally honored by that. You were right on all counts.

AWWW! I love you too![:D]

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No, Thank YOU!

Powerful words. You understand Jag very well though. People should have faith in your belief in Jagged Fel.

I try. I think more people will. Because I have moved past the denile...oops...I mean denial to just simply having faith in Jag and his love for Jaina.

Yes. She is.

Good.

It's nice to be right once in awhile:D:p

Exactly. Now, not being married myself (and coming from a divorced family) I can't really say for certain what makes a marriage really work but I think it has something to do with being equal partners. It seemed to me that Jag was carrying an awful lot more than his fair share of the burdens. Not that it's Jaina's fault, but it's something to consider.

Most important ? communication. Communication is the key to lots of things succeeding.

It was actually me that said this so I'm going to reply to it. Communication is definitely important. In all facets of life. I think part of their problem is their lack of communications. It's something they will need to work on.

Can't wait for tonight's post!!!

-Wildcat

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Wildcat: It was actually me that said this so I'm going to reply to it. Communication is definitely important. In all facets of life. I think part of their problem is their lack of communications. It's something they will need to work on.

Whoops! [face_blush] Something must have been shuffled in all the cutting and pasting it takes to get the replies done. Sorry.

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002

Even in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, where darkness confuses your sense of direction, you can always turn and find a star, and that small speck of light is your way home. ? Colonel Jagged Fel to Rogue Squadron before the Battle of Cha'tanal.

EPILOGUE

To Valin, even the short flight of steps was tiring. He stopped at the top, pausing at the front door. Or maybe it was simply that life was tiring? Twin Suns had returned from the ceremony and gone right to work. They had trained hard for the rest of the day; harder than he could ever remember. Jaina had always been a taskmaster, but her brother seemed impervious to pain.

The squadron had never uttered a protest, though. Who were they to complain? No one would trade aching muscles and battered joints for the miserable circumstances that marred their former commander's life. No one. Better to suffer for the improvement of their squadron, to fight a better fight against the galaxy's wrongs, than to even think about the tragedy that had taken place.

Tired, in a way, was good. It helped him forget.

Still, the thought of walking through the front door of Jaina?s home was a blazing reminder. Weighted down by the idea, Valin backed up until he hit the large column supporting the patio roof. He leaned against it, allowing his legs to give way until he ended sitting on the edge of the steps. His head tilted back, he stared out into the starry sky. There were a million places someone could escape to, hundreds of fascinating worlds, all far away from the eternal struggle of right and wrong.

He was beginning to realize that for some people, the fight would never end. Some people died heroes; others?

Abandoning that thought, Valin tried to remind himself of all the reasons being here was good. He rolled his head and noticed a pair of speeders left in the drive. The truth was amazingly simple. Family. Without the love of those most important to Valin, what satisfaction would there be hiding out on a far off planet? Who would share his joy and love?

No, just as family remained here, offering comfort and solace to Jaina, so he too would remain forever, where he was most loved and wanted. Shutting his eyes, Valin reached into the Force, trying to find succor in the sharing of familial love just beyond the front door. Before returning to the estate that evening, he had searched for peace of mind by meditating in the Jedi Praxeum gardens. The effort had been in vain. Yet here, on the stoop of the place that had been his home for some time now, he began to acquire a level of serenity that had been fleeting in the solitude of the Jedi headquarters.

Inside, he sensed Leia and Han worried yet stoic as ever, determined to stand by their daughter's side. Sadder in their demeanor, Soontir and Syal were no less resolute to recover from their loss by aiding the woman loved by their son. It was easy to sense them all, because their love flowed freely in the Force.

Valin tried to follow that love to its focal point, to Jaina, but she had become so withdrawn ?

?Waiting for someone??

At the sound of his Master?s voice, Valin sprang to his feet. Standing at the base of the front steps, Jaina looked smaller than he remembered. No appropriate words came to his mind. What could he say on the day she had bade farewell to her soulmate, forever? Valin walked down the stairs silently instead, and simply wrapped Jaina in a tight embrace.

In his arms she felt even smaller, frail and hollow. He had thought it was just the difference in height on the stair, or the fact that he had undergone another growth spurt, but now, feeling her against him, Valin was not so sure.

He stepped back, still clutching her by the shoulders. ?I feel so??

Jaina?s eyes darted high then low, everywhere but directly at him. It was as if the simple act of eye contact would break her resolve. In typical Jaina fashion, though, she found the courage to do just that. Her caf-colored eyes met his concerned gaze. ?So

6. Sola_Halcyon

Sola_Halcyon Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Tee hee. Sorry, Lex.

First of all, congratulations, TKL, on completing this marvelous installment of your trilogy. Kudos. It's been exactly eleven months since I started reading Echoes, and I have eagerly awaited every post since I caught up. Thank you for giving us all something to enjoy.

I do have questions, but most of them I'm sure you will address in the beginning of part three (coming soon? [face_praying] ), so I will let them be for now.

The question I will pose is not one I think there is an easy answer to, but I'll ask it anyway and see what anyone has to say. I've been thinking a lot about choices since I saw ROTS. It's easy to characterize Anakin's choices as bad ones. But the kicker is that he was, in the process, fulfilling his destiny. It was prophesied that he (the Chosen One, if you believe he was it) would bring Balance to the Force. Isn't that exactly what eventually happened, though? Sure, things got utterly razed in the interim, but who's to say that wasn't necessary? Was the Order going to change on its own? They all kept telling him in ROTS that he was supposed to bring Balance to the Force, making it sound like they had expected him to drag it in a box into the Council's chambers and present it like a dog with a bone. No mention, until Yoda begins to speak with Obi-Wan at the very end, of self-improvement, of self-expansion.

I'm getting to the question. Bear with me a little longer.

Jag may have turned away from his loved ones. Jaina may have turned her back on her life, perhaps to search for him, perhaps for another reason altogether. The questions of why are ones that I hope will be answered in time. But my question (part of it) is this: were these bad choices? Should we have expected anything else from either of these characters as TKL has portrayed them? Jag is a man who survives on control. Without that control, what does he have? Jaina has lived in the shadows of her own prophecy for, what, four years now? It's not that the characterization was all that far afield from what she already was as a person, but imagine what it would be like if you had a window into the overarching theme of your life from the time you were twenty. Wouldn't there be a little voice whispering, every time you had a decision to make, You stand tall and alone, you stand tall and alone? Could she have done anything else besides try to save Jag, then or now? Could Jag have done anything else besides try to carry her burdens for her, and they end up right in each others' way, and resenting each other for it?

TKL and Wildcat and others have already made the point that communication is key. The trouble there is, Jaina and Jag are both much more the "doer" kind of people. The kind of people (of which I am one) who assume their thoughts and motivations are broadcasting clearly to those around them (which of course they're not), and don't take the time to actually voice them. Probably not something that stands out as badly when the galaxy is at war and love is easily defined as a respite from the horrors of life, which it definitely should be, but that can't be all it is.

So were their actions the result of bad choices? Would other choices have been better? Had Jag stayed, resolutely dealt with his grief, and buried his emotions under the veneer of a Chiss warrior, would he have been the husband Jaina needed? Would Jaina have been lost in the pit of her own grief if Jag had been there to tend to her every need? TKL mentioned something a while ago (back when she was still giving hints) that the characters would be torn down before they could be built back up, and torn down they have been, and not just Jaina and Jag. The ore has been smelted. Now it must be removed from the fire and shaped. Provided it is shaped well, it will be stronger than it could ever have been before it entered the fire.

I've been at this post for just about an hour, so I will wrap it up for now. Again, TKL, congr

7. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Poodoo! :p

Congratulations, Evil Partner. [:D]

What an accomplishment. =D=

More soon. ;)

8. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    *speechless*

reply will come when my coherency comes back...

9. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    YIKES!!! I will also reply when I have gained some coherence.

*takes deep breath*

First of all, I want to say congratulations on reaching the end of this story. It has been a long journey for all of us. I hopped on to this story about a year ago and I have been hooked ever since. You have continually provided us with quality work and I can certainly say that you have hooked our minds and our hearts. I can honestly say that I lurked in your threads for about one week because that is how long it took me to read Echoes of the Past and then catch up on Legacy. By the time I was caught up, I couldn't wait to reply! To me, your writing demands a response and I have always strived to give it the response it deserves. The end that we have reached is bitter sweet. I have definitely become attached to this story and I am sad to see it end. However, knowing that it will continue brings me joy. TKeira_Lea, you have written your way into my heart and I couldn't be happier about it.

So now, I will try to give my last response to a story post in Legacy everything I've got...

The post was, mind blowingly fantastic. The quality of your work has been consistantly, well, fabulous.

Even in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, where darkness confuses your sense of direction, you can always turn and find a star, and that small speck of light is your way home. ? Colonel Jagged Fel to Rogue Squadron before the Battle of Cha'tanal.

The quote you use here is very fitting. I know that when he said this he meant it literally, but here his own words will come to be truth in a more figurative sense. He just needs to find the light to guide his way home.

They had trained hard for the rest of the day; harder than he could ever remember. Jaina had always been a taskmaster, but her brother seemed impervious to pain.

Well, that'll happen to a guy who spent a good chunk of time in an embrace of pain. I think, he is also doing this to keep Twin Suns (and probably himself)focused on the task at hand, and not on Jaina. And Jacen also knows, they need to be ready for anything.

In his arms she felt even smaller, frail and hollow. He had thought it was just the difference in height on the stair, or the fact that he had undergone another growth spurt, but now, feeling her against him, Valin was not so sure.

I think this idea of her being small is very ingenius. It's fairly well known that Jaina is pretty small in stature. But usually, what she lacked in height, she made up for in bravado and inner strength. This would cause her to carry herself in a certain way that may have caused people to perceive her as larger than she actually was. However, with all of that gone, she probably carries herself differently. I doubt she stands up straight and her head is probably somewhat hung. And you wouldn't be able to see the inner strength that she posesses. These things would probably make her appear smaller to Valin-and maybe the rest of Twin Suns if they saw her.

?Kyp is coming. Send him away. Tell him?tell him I?m sorry.? With that Jaina ducked past Valin and fled up the stairs and into the house.

I interpret this statementto mean two things. One being that she is sorry for having scared him when she jumped. I'm sure she could feel her pain, but my impression is that she felt it was the only way that she could get away from him and everything else. She felt she had to do something drastic and it caused him to worry. That's one she's sorry for. The other thing she's sorry for is that she knows her refusal to see him will hurt him, but she just can't be around him right now.

The Jedi Master inhaled a ragged breath. ?I?ll be fine. I just? need to see Jaina.?

Now, you all know that I'm not Kyp's #1 fan, but I couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for him here. Something is about to happen to him, that will most definitely change his life and his relationship with Jaina and despite the fact that they were not meant to be, he really does love her.

Kyp l

10. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Okay...

All I can ask is... Is there a sequel... I, so need a sequel...

Jasper

11. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    That was so sad the way Jaina pushed everyone away. Can't wait for the sequel. That's all I can think to say right now; I'm still in shock.
    --Wynssa

12. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    =D=

::standing ovation::

=D=

JediFarfy

13. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    *gapes in disbelief* .... *nods in agreement with the previous replies* ...That was beautiful...wow...need sequel!...wow...amazing...

God bless,
    [face_cowboy]Jaina [face_cowboy]

14. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    =D= =D= =D=

If those faces had lower bodies, they'd be on their feet right now.

Words can't really express how much I love this story and you're writing, so I won't really try. As a newbie writer you set quite the high standard as a role model and maybe one day I'll be half as good as you, which would thrill me.

I'll be among the many of the edge of their seats waiting for the third installment of this fabulous series.

15. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Valin tried to remind himself of all the reasons being here was good.
    Sometimes, that's so hard to do, but so neccessary.

It was as if the simple act of eye contact would break her resolve.
    Another incredibly real moment, brought to you by TKL.

And as for the rest of this post... I'm going to have to come back to it.
    For now though, I'll say thank you, TKL, for sharing this story with us. I will definitely be there for the next part. This has been one of my favorite stories I've ever read on these boards. There's always so much to identify with and it's so real. =D=
    I'll be back with more later.

16. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow! :eek: :_|

You would have to end it there, after keeping us hanging on the edge of the cliff for months now! :p

=D= More later... ;)

*Throws roses onstage as twinnie takes her bow*
    @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

17. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Wow...I guess I didn't really realize we were getting to the end until I read that this was the epilogue. And despite the fact that Jag's death is unresolved, and Jaina's fate is uncertain, it does feel finished. There's a sense of finality, despite the obvious lead-in to the third segment.

In short, an excellent ending to a wonderful story. I'll post my thoughts on the entire story later. The first time I read this was a weekend binge in March or April when I didn't really sleep and don't recall sleeping much. So some of the details are blurry!

~Lurker

18. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    By the Force!

Commander, what a ride!

*is currently speechless*

Please tell me you're going to begin the third installment soon? Pretty, pretty please???

May the Force be with you.

Always.

Elf :)

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    After almost 2 years it is so sad to say goodbye to LEGACY :( :_| Great story ended :D Perfectly well done story. Congrats TKL :D [:D] @};-

And as for post...

Great Valin thought about what happend and happens now :)

Jaina's behaviour toward Kyp is a little strange :confused:

I wonder if when Jaina went to Keira did she told her that she is going to find "Daddy". Because I think Keira is the one that put back hope in Jaina heart that Jag still lives...

Well it ended with Jaina's escape from Naboo...

Hmm after rereading post I'm really not sure what Jaina is doing... I have a weird feeling...

:_| WAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's over!!!!! It's impossible!!!!!!!!!! :_|

20. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    First, some thoughts on the epilogue?

Even in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, where darkness confuses your sense of direction, you can always turn and find a star, and that small speck of light is your way home.
    Great connection to the epigraph of the ROTS novelization. A small source of light, and love, is enough to defeat the darkness. [face_love]

Tired, in a way, was good. It helped him forget.
    When we feel helpless to offer solace to the ones we love, distractions can be very good indeed? [face_worried] And with how close Valin is to Jaina, Jag, and Keira now, his grief and desire to help must be almost unmanageable. :(

There were a million places someone could escape to, hundreds of fascinating worlds, all far away from the eternal struggle of right and wrong. ? Family. Without the love of those most important to Valin, what satisfaction would there be hiding out on a far off planet? Who would share his joy and love?
    Interesting? [face_thinking] True, what he thinks, yet he has not lost what Jaina has, so he cannot truly understand her pain, or her balm?

Valin tried to follow that love to its focal point, to Jaina, but she had become so withdrawn ? In his arms she felt even smaller, frail and hollow. ? One hand rubbed anxiously over the center of his chest.
    Wonderful ?show not tell? here, Evil Partner. All the answers we need are right there for us. An overt statement of the truth would not be anywhere near as effective. Very well done. =D=

A simple shove dropped the ailing Jedi back to his sitting position, and Valin said, ?That?s a problem.?
    Go Valin! Go Valin! *raises roof* [face_devil] (Seriously, though, the showdown was heart-wrenching. Kyp is a broken man, and it?s so easy for Valin to stand him down? That?s not the amazing Jedi Master of the battle in the meadow, not by a long shot? :_| )

In two breaths he had cleared his thoughts enough to realize it was daytime, and the last thing he remembered was sitting down at the table the night before.
    Wow! :eek: :eek: I did not see that one coming at all! :D

She was gone. Jaina ? his Master, his mentor, his friend - was gone.
    Holy crap! :eek: :eek: :eek: Jaina sends everyone away ? Kyp, Han and Leia, Soontir and Syal, her whole family ? except her daughter and her friend/nanny/aide/confidante. And her apprentice is the one who gets the message, and is asked for the favor (which we?ll learn about in the third book, I?m sure ;) ). What a powerful, amazing turn of events that is. [face_hypnotized]

[b]TKL, [i]Legacy[/i][/b], 7/11/03: [i]There is light and dark in all of us. In those of us that the Force shines the brightest, the darkness can be all consuming when the light flickers out. [/i]

[b]Matt Stover, [i]ROTS[/i][/b], 4/2/05: [i]It is the dark ? that poisons love with grains of doubt. The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout. ? Eventually even stars burn out. ? The brightest light casts the darkest shadow. ? [/i]

[hr]

Second, on Legacy as a whole?

[i] I am at a loss for words right now[/i]
    [:D]

[i] Thank you - each and every one of you - from the bottom of my heart for reading this work of love.[/i]
    Thank you for sharing your talent, your story, and your heart with us. :)

Legacy is a remarkable achievement. Two years in the making, over 300,000 words, but its greatest qualities are not its length. They are the lyrical power of your prose, the vivid descriptions of your settings, the wonderful symbols and metaphors. They are the intricate plots, the subtle clues left dozens of chapters before, the small details that seem insignificant at the time that become the core of the matter later on. They are the insights into the Force and its mysteries, the action and drama and romance and humor that evoke the spirit of the movies so effectively, the masterful weaving of the themes of the OT and PT into a story that is all your own. They are the brilliant characters, most of all your unsurpassed skill at showing

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    *takes a couple deep breaths*

Just hold on while I gather my thoughts... :p

LJS @};-

22. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    You're NOT going to leave it hanging, are you? There are too many questions that need to be answered.

S.

23. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    *sniff* That was so good. It made me all teary and then kinda nautious because of all the sadness. :_|

But Kudos on writing such a great installment of your master series. I absolutely love Legacy !...and Echoes of the Past for that matter.=D= =D= I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next! :D :D

...There will be a next right? [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

I mean there has to be right?...Cause Valin didn't finish reading the letter Jaina wrote him...and where the devil has Jaina gone...and that quote from Jag (love it :D ) and...*phew*

But yeah...that Epilogue...phantasmagorical. (I love calander words.)

MTFBWYA!
    -Lee Ann

24. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    TKL! OMG ITS OVER??? NOOOO! Wonderful post! wonderful!

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I still am unable to put into words what I need to say to my readers. This has been over a two year journey for me, and many readers as well.

For Hug a Lurker Day I need to make a special post however.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/beechgq/Maralurkerbutton.bmp]

To my lurkers,

Over the last two years I haved posted forty chapters, over 800 pages in Word, well over 300,000 words. Every bit of it has been a labor of love, a story that took root in my mind and soul and begged to be told. Perhaps it was high on drama and healthy in romance. Maybe you saw it for the deeper hints and truths that I had intended all along. Possibly someone took that opening line written over two years ago -

There is light and dark in all of us. In those of us that the Force shines the brightest, the darkness can be all consuming when the light flickers out. - Jaina Solo-Fel to Valin Horn

- and realized that this was meant to be a story much like Episode 3, a story about choices, and circumstance that could drive a good man to do bad things. Even let you sympathize with him. If you have gained even a moment of joy in reading this labor of love, I would love to know that I have touched you in some way. It's a simple thing I ask, just for a little hello. My time is at an end with this story, but the wonderful thing is that the possibility that someone somewhere will read it at some time never ends.

So whether or not you delurk, I thank you for sharing in my story of light, darkness and the hope that holds it at bay.

My complements to Oba for the button.

All my love,

T'Keira @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.