main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Delurk* LEGACY (The Force Evolution Series, Post-DW AU, J/J) - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Okay, I have a confession to make. I'm not a lurker, and in fact, I haven't read a single post of this at all. I think I knew that if I had started at the beginning of these four hundred and some odd pages, I would have lost three weeks of my life to it because I wouldn't be able to stop. But I'm so excited, because now that you're finished, I can go back and read all of it while I'm on Summer Vacation. I will write a long and lengthy reply to it when I'm finished, and pm it to you. Congrats TKL!!

2. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Ahoy there mateys!!!

Just when you thought it was safe to read replys...it's the return of the knocked up senator.

TKL:
    First off...congratulations on a heart wrenching finish to an amazing piece of work. As sad as I am to see this end...I'm thrilled that the angst will be addressed in the next installment and I'm hoping that Episode III of The Force Evolution Series begins to evolve soon. I was heartbroken for Keira that Jaina has left...but as I have believed from day one that Jag is not dead...It surprised me none to see Jaina take off. I'm sure that she is going off to what she believes will be a final showdown with Zek only to stumble across her battered and broken husband in some kind of wierd a** Force field type holding bubble.

I must say...the first thing that went thru my mind when I realized Jaina was cutting herself off from the Force was that she won;t be able to feel Jag when she's close to him...but...that also means that Zek won't be able to feel her sneak up on him!

HA!

I plan on giving a blow by blow reply to all the posts I've missed (when time permits) and to catch up on CoJF as well.

One last note...hope there's lots of Tahiri and Rane and Jacen and FEE in the beginnign of the next installment.

Congrats again on an amazing job.

JaYnaSoloFel:
    I'm working on a reply to your last PM...and e-mail me that thing again!

Night all

3. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    PREGGERS!!!

YOU'RE BACK!!!

4. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    and so it ends in darkness.

As I have said, I applaud your ability to stomach so much pain and emotional anguish.

I, for one, am not one of your strong-stomached readers.

Your writing is superb, of course, and carries this through.

I just think that I can breathe again, becauwe I know that the end was not only the best and most realistic resolution (given the characters involved) but also physically a relief. A distraught and empty Jai hurts me. (and yet I read...silly me!)

I'm so glad you have accompished this. It is an astounding piece of work. Truly, you have done something great (and literally- 300,000 words? By God, I doubt if I've written that much in my entire writing life!)

Thank you for devoting so much time and energy and quite possibly sanity.

Thank you for letting Jai go her own way.

You rock.

-tris

5. Audrey32189

Audrey32189 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    It has been entirely too long since I've posted!!! Well now Im back. I love this story and cannot wait for the next installment to begin. These posts have been the highlights of those days for 3 years or so now. I've finally convinced one of my friends to start reading the books and fanfics and EotP was the first one I told her to read. Well since I have been up all night and am teaming with energy (sarcasm)I think I'll go do something. Dont know what but... oh well. I will be happily awaiting the next story.

~~Rey

6. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Briman, thank you for dropping in to say that [:D]

Marianne_Solav, welcome to the madness.

Yes it has, but I dont mind a lurker popping in every once in a while. ;) Thanks.

EvenKiel: Have fun! Just follow the links ;)

7. liberty

liberty Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2003
    ......WOW!
    TKL I want to thank you for sharing your wonderful writing talent.
    I have enjoyed following your stories the past couple of years
    and felt inspired by other lurkers to come out and say so.
    Keep up the awesome work!

Liberty

8. Rebel_Princess89

Rebel_Princess89 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    It's been three days since I read the last post and I still don't know what to say...................honestly I am speechless.

What a ride it has been, like a rollercoaster, and what a place to end it- with Jaina leaving Naboo.

TKL, I believe it is us that should be thanking you. So thank so for writing such an amazing story, for sharing your story with us. Your writing is seamless, the characters always in character, the action intense and the romance (my favourite ;)) well, perfect.
    But most of all, what an accomplishment - 300,000 words. To keep writing for two years and not loose the direction in the story - what an achievement. You deserve an award just for that, [face_idea]hmmm.... now that's an idea.

I'll be looking forward to the next installment. :D

Congratulations, TKL =D= =D= =D= , I have nothing more to say.

RP89

9. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Wow!!!!!

I can't believe its over!

Thank you so much for sharing such a great story!

The whole thing was a master piece from start to finish =D= =D=
    Am I right in thinking that there will be a third part?!

Thanks again TKL!

10. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    :eek: I can't believe it's over! I haven't checked in in like, a month and I come back...

I guess I just thought it wouldn't ever end. :p

Well, there's not much to say other than what has already been said but: thank you. You incited me to delurk and join the boards. You provided me with hours of entertainment while reading this series. :D

=D= :_|

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Muses if she could have the stories in Word form...

12. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Yes you can. All you have to do is ask ;)

I'll be back with replies this weekend. [:D]

Look forward in the next few weeks to a couple deleted scenes. And there is one I am sure people will be looking forward to [face_mischief] Care to guess?

13. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Look forward in the next few weeks to a couple deleted scenes.
    WOOHOO! You know how I feel about deleted scenes:D

And there is one I am sure people will be looking forward to Care to guess?
    Mean!!! Very very Mean! You are absolutely EVIL!!!
    :p

14. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I have a FEE-ling I know what one of the deleted scenes will be about...

MTFBWY,

Elf :)

15. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow. It's over. That was sudden.

But it was good. :) So....

Bring on those deleted scenes!!! WHOO! :D

-Vicster

16. DCWiz00

DCWiz00 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    ....Wow!! Congradulations on such a remarkable story TKL. =D= =D=

This has been a true pleasure to read, even if it was an emotional rollercoaster at times. :p I just can't believe its over. :eek:

As for deleted scenes... :D :cool:

17. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Deleted Scenes? **Jumps in gleee** possible mush? ???? Pelease!

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh my goodness.

Oh my goodness.

I get back from vacation...

and it's over! :eek:

I really can't think of anything to say at the moment except that this whole thing was one beautiful, heart-rending masterpiece and that I applaud every post. =D=

That having been said, I'm going to bed, and will give you a more detailed post later...

[edit] Okay, I'm back.

Did everyone else know that it was going to end soon and I just missed out? *shrugs* I wasn't expecting that.

The last two posts were really too intense to even comment on (I find myself speechless, which is not an easy accomplishment; kudos), except to say that I was glad you told them from Kyp and Valin's points of view. That put an interesting twist on everything.

The ending was evil. [face_devil]

But perfect. :D

Look forward in the next few weeks to a couple deleted scenes. And there is one I am sure people will be looking forward to mischief Care to guess? Please tell me it's the scene with Jacen and Fee fighting. Please. ;)

19. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey! While we wait, Who remembers this?

"Colonel Fel, may I have a word with you?"

Jag turned and offered Jaina a dignified nod, his face betraying no emotion. He stepped back to the office door and motioned for Jaina to come inside. She marched down the hall and swept through the door. Jag followed her into the room, and the door shut behind him. Jaina walked over to the desk in the center of the room, noting the stark organization before her. She turned to face Jag as she spoke, perching on the edge of the desk.

"I am glad I caught you. I was on my way to see Wedge about returning to duty."

Even though Jag might have felt Jaina was rushing her return, he refrained from voicing his concern. "I am sure he will welcome you back with open arms."

Jaina tried to get a sense of Jag through the Force and met a barrier as strong as durasteel. She had no idea what he was thinking or feeling. Jaina was disappointed that she did not sense any excitement about seeing her, like she felt for him.

"I have a lot to tell you," she said excitedly. Jag began walking toward her very slowly, his green eyes hard-locked on her brown eyes. Jaina paused for a moment, then continued. "You said in your note your father is here on Mon Calamari to negotiate Chiss involvement. Have you seen him?"

Jag was standing right in front of her now, so Jaina had to tip her head up. He nodded his response, his eyes boring into her.

"This is so great for the war effort."

Jag was leaning closer and closer to her. "Yes, it is." His breath was warm on her face. Her eyes searched his. "You had a lot to tell me." He encouraged her to continue.

Jaina was so excited about her news; she proceeded, not questioning his behavior. "Oh yeah. When I was on Naboo - that is the name of the planet where I crashed ? I had a vision of my mom's mother. She was a Senator during the...time of...the old...Republic ...from Naboo." Jaina's speech slowed as Jag leaned down to kiss her neck. Then she gasped as he sucked on her right earlobe.

"I'm still listening," he breathed in her ear before kissing her neck again, traveling down it slowly, laying kisses as he went.

Jaina struggled to focus on her thoughts. "Well...it turns out...she used to own...uh, Artoo." Jaina moaned in delight. "Uncle Luke's droid...are you listening?"

As Jag tugged on the zipper to her jumpsuit he repeated her words, watching his hands work. "It turns out she used to own Artoo, Uncle Luke's droid." He pushed her collar open, exposing her right collarbone.

"Artoo had...all this data..." Jaina inhaled from the sensation coursing across her skin as Jag traced his lips from her collarbone to her shoulder. "...about my grandmother and grandfather...it was amazing."

"Amazing." Jag's breath tantalized her skin where it was moist from his kisses. Jaina knew he was not talking about the discovery her family had recently made. Jag picked his head up and took in the sight of her. Then he pressed his lips to hers. The strength of the kiss caused Jaina to gasp, opening her mouth to his tongue. He tasted the sweetness that was her mouth, probing and caressing. Jaina brought her hands to Jag's shoulders as he took her hips and pulled her to him. Their kiss was passionate and demanding until they had to break for air. Their chests pushed together as they caught their breath.

"Wow," was all Jaina could manage to say.

"Sorry, I'm just short of time. I have a patrol in a couple of minutes. I was trying to multitask." He smiled down at her, passion clouding his eyes.

"And I thought you weren't very excited to see me." Jaina grinned at him. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." He took a deep breath, his usual reserved demeanor returning to his face as he did. "I really have to go. I'm late as it is."

Jaina still had so much to say, but he was already stepping away from her, collecting his control. She felt his regret before his barriers were erect. "I will try to find you when I get back. I'll have a couple hours before I have to go to dinne

20. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    And I still haven't found words yet.
    I think I'm still processing this, TKL.
    I will come back and finish my earlier response... eventually. 8-}
    Maybe if I re-read this whole thing... ;)

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    *Country Girl appears out of nowhere on her top secret wraith mission*

She trips over many strewn bodies of her comarade-in-arms, but she cannot be detered from her mission objective.

Country Girl here, and I am in awe! I read this a while ago but I couldn't figure out what to say.

All I can say is, thank you. THANK YOU! Thank you for writing a story that is this amazing and wonderful. I just can't stop going back and reading it. I keep remembering my first reactions and laughing at myself.

Thank you for doing this, you are such an amazing writer and I applaud you for your completion of this amazing epic. It has been a rough ride, but I'm glad I made it to the end.

But what a way to leave it! Jaina's gone to who knows where (Valin possibly knows, but of course, you didn't tell us! :p ) and many things have been left unmentioned. I demand the sequel now! :p You made a mess and you have to clean it up quickly or I might die from falling off this huge cliff you left us on. lol.

I went through today and got all of Legacy in Word format... it's over 800 pages! :eek: 828 to be exact (with size 10 Verdana font). I don't think I have enough paper to print it all out! :p That'll be my next wraith mission. To raid STAPLES. [face_mischief]

When is the sequel going to be posted (if you have any idea, that is)? I'm eagerly awaiting it Commander. *salutes*

Country Girl out.

*she disappears much like she appeared, dramatically and with lots of cool smoke :p *

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Wow! Replies?for the last time..sort of. I have so many and I am trying to say so much that I found I was a quarter of the way through my replies and at ten pages in Word! So I'm going to trickle them up. If you don't see a reply here, I'm getting to you. I won't forget a one of you [:D] (Besides I was running out of faces [face_laugh] )

*sigh*

There?s something totally awesome about the thought of last replies and something bittersweet at the same time.

So here goes?

Sola_Halcyon: First of all, congratulations, TKL, on completing this marvelous installment of your trilogy. Kudos. It's been exactly eleven months since I started reading Echoes, and I have eagerly awaited every post since I caught up. Thank you for giving us all something to enjoy.

And thank you. For reading and replying. I cannot even express how much it has meant to me.

The question I will pose is not one I think there is an easy answer to, but I'll ask it anyway and see what anyone has to say. I've been thinking a lot about choices since I saw ROTS. It's easy to characterize Anakin's choices as bad ones. But the kicker is that he was, in the process, fulfilling his destiny. It was prophesied that he (the Chosen One, if you believe he was it) would bring Balance to the Force. Isn't that exactly what eventually happened, though? Sure, things got utterly razed in the interim, but who's to say that wasn't necessary? Was the Order going to change on its own? They all kept telling him in ROTS that he was supposed to bring Balance to the Force, making it sound like they had expected him to drag it in a box into the Council's chambers and present it like a dog with a bone. No mention, until Yoda begins to speak with Obi-Wan at the very end, of self-improvement, of self-expansion.

I'm getting to the question. Bear with me a little longer.

Jag may have turned away from his loved ones. Jaina may have turned her back on her life, perhaps to search for him, perhaps for another reason altogether. The questions of why are ones that I hope will be answered in time. But my question (part of it) is this: were these bad choices? Should we have expected anything else from either of these characters as TKL has portrayed them? Jag is a man who survives on control. Without that control, what does he have? Jaina has lived in the shadows of her own prophecy for, what, four years now? It's not that the characterization was all that far afield from what she already was as a person, but imagine what it would be like if you had a window into the overarching theme of your life from the time you were twenty. Wouldn't there be a little voice whispering, every time you had a decision to make, You stand tall and alone, you stand tall and alone? Could she have done anything else besides try to save Jag, then or now? Could Jag have done anything else besides try to carry her burdens for her, and they end up right in each others' way, and resenting each other for it?

TKL and Wildcat and others have already made the point that communication is key. The trouble there is, Jaina and Jag are both much more the "doer" kind of people. The kind of people (of which I am one) who assume their thoughts and motivations are broadcasting clearly to those around them (which of course they're not), and don't take the time to actually voice them. Probably not something that stands out as badly when the galaxy is at war and love is easily defined as a respite from the horrors of life, which it definitely should be, but that can't be all it is.

So were their actions the result of bad choices? Would other choices have been better? Had Jag stayed, resolutely dealt with his grief, and buried his emotions under the veneer of a Chiss warrior, would he have been the husband Jaina needed? Would Jaina have been lost in the pit of her own grief if Jag had been there to tend to her every need? TKL mentioned something a while ago (back when she was still giving hints) that the characters would be torn down before they could be built back up, and

23. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    TKL: Always is though. You should be happy. She?s pushing him away.

You don't know how happy I'm about it muahahahahahaha* [face_devil]

Well to be honest maybe the way she is doing it makes me feel weird. I don't know maybe because Jaina always was too open to everything considering Kyp that her behaviour got me from suprise.

But I won't complain [face_mischief] Maybe thanks to this behaviour she will finally learn that Kyp is not the only person that can help her ( and don't deny it, it was him that helped her almost everytime ) and maybe finally Kyp will see that he is a stupid ... [face_whistling] and starts showing Drue that she is important in his life because so far he was behaving like she was there only for physical experience.

I have nothing against their friendship as far as they remember about those who are more important in their lives.

* I couldn't stop my self :p With all this thunder outside it made such a cool atmosphere :D

OK now [:D] and I should have thank you too since it was your story that finally made me to join this community :D

Thank you @};-

Chimpo

EIDT: One more thing about Sola_Halcyon long a great reply... As I might not agree on many points with your reply I must say that it was very impressive :)

24. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I need a refresher before trudging on. You know?

Understood, Commmander.;)

By "soon", I meant somewhere within the next four months or so, DRL cooperating (highly doubtful, but one can dream). Being in the process of writing a Lord of the Rings AU where Boromir actually gets to live, I understand how very taxing writing can be. I began my project one year and a half ago, and I'm barely at 60 pages in Times 11 pts, and still at the very beginning of The Two Towers. Tell me why I just had to pick an Epic as my first fanfic?8-}

Just make sure to PM me when you actually do start to post, OK?

And my thanks for the e-mail of Legacy and Echoes. It's going to be one of my many summer readings.:D

May the Force be with you,

Elf :)

P.S: I think that this new posting interface is just wizard. No more fumbling around for markup codes. Yippie!

25. Dark_Lighter

Dark_Lighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2003
    Out of curiosity, are we going to be seeing any of TMoaR before the third part of this trillogy is posted?

Oh..and i just noticed something sad....we didn't quite make it too page 500....good thing we get another chance ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.