main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Delurk* LEGACY (The Force Evolution Series, Post-DW AU, J/J) - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    My dear TKL-

Gracias, my gato salvaje

Denada mi comandante!:)

And then some I think

Are you telling me I'm not a taciturn little wild kitty?;)

Somehow this story ended up much like ROTS ? about light and dark and hope.

Yes, the parallels here-both to Empire and ROTS were not lost on me. I'll be clinging to that hope as I wait for you to post the next installment in this trilogy. Well, I guess those deleted scenes will help pass the time until the third installment comes!:D

Well it?s not quite that. Think more along the lines that Jaina did something to poor Valin

Oh no. I hope Valin is alright.[face_worried]

Well you were meant to be confuzzled

Oh, well, thanks:rolleyes::p

Jaina is a doer. She?s off to do something.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about.

Well, once again BRAVO!=D= I am really looking forward to those deleted scenes!

Oooh. Forgot to tell you that if you want to know what a great song to listen to while reading this post is, it's "Full of Grace" by Sarah McLachlan

These are the lyrics...

The winter here is cold, & bitter
    It's chilled us to the bone,
    I haven?t seen the sun for weeks,
    Too long, too far from home.
    I feel just like I?m sinking,
    And I claw for solid ground,
    I?m pulled down by the undertow,
    I never thought I could feel so low,
    And oh darkness I feel like letting go.

If all the of the strength and all of the courage,
    Come and lift me from this place,
    I know I can love you much better than this,
    Full of grace,
    Full of grace,
    My love.

It's better this way, I say,
    Haven't seen this place before,
    Where everything we say and do,
    Hurts us all the more.
    It?s just that we stayed, too long,
    In the same old sickly skin,
    I?m pulled down by the undertow,
    I never thought I could feel so low,
    And oh darkness I feel like letting go.
    If all of the strength and all of the courage,
    Come and lift me from this place,
    I know I could love you much better than this,
    Full of grace.

I know I can love you much better than this,
    It?s better this way.

2. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    TKL,

We were so glad to have your delurkerness. Thank you

No, no thank you! It really has been wonderful to have a well-crafted, interesting story to read. And as icing on the cake; a great bunch of people to "hang out" with and share some Wraith madness.

I can't wait for the next big announcement, be it TMoaR or book 3 of TFES or even something new.

Congrats again on finishing LEGACY and all the awards and accolades.

'night

JaY

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002

For those who don't normally venture into Saga but asked for notification, the sister series of Guardian in the Desert is now up. You'll find Leia's story here :)

4. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Are those stories before or after ANH?

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Before ANH

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm... not my favourite Era but I will check it :)

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    GOOD MORNING!

Stringing more replies up today! Sorry for the delay, but mesa busy busy 8-}

jade51999: Ok, well. I have to think about what I want to say right now, especially since finding the epilogue comes on heals of my finishing ROTS.

One-two punch eh?

TKL. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You?re welcome! I have to say THANK YOU! [:D] Your endless supply of Denial Hits left me in stitches, especially at times when we all needed a good laugh :D

TKL: In the last few years (two, can you believe it) since this story began you have brought us from laughter to tears in many, many different ways. More importantly, you have brought us together to form a community that through EoTP and Legacy, have us thinking about what you write rather than merely just commenting.

I love it when people were compelled to discuss things rather than comment. Made my little author heart shine :D

Your original characters have always brought a little piece of you into the universe i know we all love, and after reading Stover's ROTS I ache at the simliarites between Jaina's struggley in Legacy and Padme's in Revenge. Bravo.

Aha! And I didn?t even know that was coming. Of course I surmised Padme?s plight, but it was cool that the parallels were evident as I read ROTS.

Glad you like my OCs. I like them too [face_love]

I know that not knowing Fee, Rane, Keira, Tanner, Katya, Briaun (to name a few) would make it difficult to make this very very convincing story even more real. Your characterization of Kyp, Jaina, Jagged, Valin, Luke, Mara etc are phenomenal.

[face_blush]

Can I reiterate, that I"m glad that Jaina isn't dead, and that her pulling away from her bond with Kyp was the most shocking thing? I don't know why it felt the way it did, but how she could sever her bond, take Keira and Katya AND leave her lightsaber behind...

I dunno. How could she do those things?

I think if you look at her words to Kyp, about Anakin Skywalker you?ll understand.

Chimpo: [face_monkey] AA!!! TKL my eyes!!!

What? Is it the Sith colors that bother you? :p

Jedi-Jade: I'll admit it...I'm a lurker!

Hugs the lurker [:D]

WELCOME!

Congrats! I really hope that this isn't the end because I love reading your stories!

More to come for sure ;)

Wildcat: There are definite Hugs for Lurkers here!!!

I love that people are so nice here. :D

JAGSGURL15: TKL! OMG! Congrats! I just noticed the RED

At least it?s not Carolina Blue :p

Auntie: Oh my goodness! That was a beautiful epilog .... I can hardly think of anything to say except...

Please give us the next installment soon! I can't wait to find out what happens!

Thanks. [face_chickens] Soon is all relative but this story will end.

Did Jaina make Valin blackout?

Yes. ;)

Has she taken Keira with her?

To be determined?

Poor Kyp... I didn't expect myself to feel so sorry for him.

Woohooo! [face_dancing] There?s a Kyp pity committee! I have made my readers feel something for him :)

Shinar: I am so glad this is the middle act! Can't wait for Chapter 3 to start, endings are always my favorite

You just like the big explosions! [face_mischief]

Jags_Scoundrel: ** wipes a tear away **

*holds out tissues*

I wish I had more time to just go on and on about how wonderful this has been . . . but for now I'll just have to settle for thanking you for sharing your wonderful gift with us!

That?s more than enough in my book. You?re welcome. Thank you for reading :D

BigFatty: As always, well done Jade! Sad, but fitting.

Everyone likes Jade?s songs =D=

JadeFel: Hi

Hi! Lurker hugs! And WELCOME!

I have been quietly reading Legacy and EOtP for a while now and all I have to say is WOW.

I love WOW! [face_love]

However, then I found EOtP and I was blown away.

8. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Doh! :oops: I can't believe I forgot to reply to this. Well, I will. Eventually, I promise, TKL I-)

But guess who has her license now! [face_dancing]

LJS @};-

9. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    At least it?s not Carolina Blue

LOL Isnt that true! but at least they lost/are losing their whole team to the draft! and from what ive been looking at, they are going to be HORRIBLE![/color]next year! Good for us!

10. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Awwww! Thanks! [face_blush] I'll still be lurking about! Thanks for one of the greats piece of fan fiction I've ever read. :D =D=

JediFarfy

11. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    I think it's funny that you mention that, because I have never known anyone in here to not be nice to one another. When I first came to TF.N I actually followed a link to another story thread when I googled "Jaina/Jag Fanfic". Some of the other threads that I popped into before I found yours had good stories, but the people that were reading them weren't necessarily open to new members. Not so when I came here. I immediately felt welcome by you, and everyone else, and I think that is the kind of fan fiction environment that we all want to promote. One that is welcoming and fun, and I've certainly found that here (and at CoJF). I kind of see us Wraiths as a family but one that is always willing to accept new members. After all, the more people there are reading your stories, the more people there are to express their indignation at all your evil cliffies:p So I can tell you that I initially came to this story because of your writing, and I'd even have stayed for the writing alone, but the other people here make the experience here all the better.

To everyone here,

I have immensly enjoyed reading all of your insights about this story. It's really fun for me to see something pointed out by someone else and either to go back into the post and say "oh yeah, that's interesting. I never thought of that" or to get to debate points and character traits. Not to mention-the countless Wraith missions in the thread (especially the mush ones[face_love]) and Jade's fantastic Denial songs:D and of course the bantering that occasionally goes on (can you say Chimpo and Lex teasing the readers about being in denial???) And of course, it is through this thread that I found the ever popular Cantina where we get to chat and kvetch and basically just have fun. I look forward to everyone's insights in the next installment (and of course during the deleted scenes).

Hugs[:D],
    Wildcat

12. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey,

TKL I looked back at the section...and I think I understand what you're getting at. I'll think about it somemore when i'm on my way to Scotland tomorrow ;) Yeah.

So does anyeone remember what pages my songs were on? I'm trying to compile them and have to figure that out..eh i'll just go back through my replies later :)

*grin*
    P

13. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    I second you, JJSF. Everyone in this thread has been really nice (even when teasing ;) ).
    It has been quite awesome to read a wonderful story and then get to discuss it with others as you go along. I always read all the other replies in this thread when I have the time. It's like our own TKL bookclub.

Yay for fellow readers.
    and Yay for TKL again... we can't yay her enough.
    =D=

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    You said it, Wildcat ! [:D]

TKL , go and recharge that muse, my friend! [:D] I know I'll be patiently waiting when you get back to this incredibly overwhelming project. You're amazing for the posting schedule you've kept and all the replies you've given out! :cool: Thanks for lending us your imagination & talent! [:D]

15. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I found this a week ago and have just finished it.

Wow!

Realy liked the one liners from ESB twards the begining.

This was really intense.

Is there a sequel or will there be?

Great story, I really enjoyed reading it.

16. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    ccp:Well, since it seems that I am a part of the unofficial welcoming committee, I will say Welcome To The Madness!!! We're so glad to have you!

And to answer your question, there will be a sequel. When it will be posted is TBD right now.

17. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    There will be sequel since it's trilogy. You need to read the first part then...

Echoes of the Past by Tkeira Lea

just press here !!

BTW Welcome :)

18. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Finished Echoes of the Past week before. Started it on fanfiction.net then ran across it here. Guess I forgot to post there.
    I'm kinda bad about that. I live in the country so dialup modem gets slow, I get aggitated, foul language flows, and and I eventualy stomp outside for a smoke.

19. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Exactly. In Legacy we have it made. Great story, good people, in depth character debates, invigorating analysis! It's like the ultimate book club because we actually get to talk to the author about the story.

*smiles at the love fest*

20. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Did you say sudden?

It?s been two years

Well if you're gonna get all technical... :p

Oh and I have a stupid question. What does the "Quote Reply" button do?

-Vicster

21. Jaina87

Jaina87 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    I know that you probably wont admit this but I will say it anyway!
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Jag isn't as dead as everybody believes. I think that he was caught at the last moment by Zekk and is now being held hostage but will be rescued or escape go back to Jaina and Keira.
    Why do I believe this?
    Because Jag's death makes no sense whatsoever. Jaina needs him and Keira needs him. Also kidnapping Jag is the perfect way for Zekk to lure Jaina to him because lets face it if Zekk has Jag and threatens to kill him then Jaina will go to Jag's aid without thinking, just as he would do for her.

o_O ;) [face_thinking] [face_idea] @};-

22. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    :eek: This is impossible :eek:

23. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] I wouldn't put it past her...

Jag is alive, y'know. And naturally the dirty rotten scumbag did something to him, so that's as good an explanation as any. :p [face_whistling]

24. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Nevermind about the qoute thing. I just found out. That's kind of nifty. :)

-Vicster

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I'm baaack

and Jaina87 welcome to the denial club...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.