main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Delurk* LEGACY (The Force Evolution Series, Post-DW AU, J/J) - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joroqez312

joroqez312 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    :D :D :D Cute baby Keira! Although I thought Jaina and Jacen were the ones who gave "tantrum" that meaning... :) Jaina's getting a taste of her own medicine!!! Great start, TKL, and I can't wait for Wednesday!

Chrys

2. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    *start first official post on the Legacy thread* :D

*groan* Why do you do this to me TK? I always have so much to reply with, but time is a fleeting friend too often. I feel bad when I can only say good job or only comment on one or two things... :(

This is the first post, so I will at least point out my few more significant thoughts, especially since I haven't seen anyone else mention them yet. The warm mushy feeling atmoshpere as well as the more humorous qualities of the post seem to have been covered already anyways :D

Therefore, I must call attention to your brilliance in the more serious aspects of the post [face_mischief]

The sound of her feet against the packed snow kept a steady rhythm. She dare not decrease her stride, or she would never make it safely to the estate. He was close behind, catching her with every second.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Jaina dug deep inside herself and fortified her resolve. This was the surest test; she had to make it to the front door, to safety. She had to succeed for the sake of her beautiful baby girl sleeping inside. Jaina had no desire to fail her daughter, to leave her motherless and alone. For Keira?s sake, Jaina continued on when her body wished to fail her.

Crunch. Crunch.

Her pursuer was closing quickly. A sudden fear swelled up. She was not going to make it.

I must admit you had me scared here for a second -no doubt your intent ;).

Fear. Desperation. Determination...

Jaina had secretly wished to beat him back, thereby proving she had suitably recovered from her illness and pregnancy. Only when she felt completely healed, and thereby capable of protecting her family, could she entertain thoughts of returning to Naboo.

Yep- I see what you were doing TK *shaking finger* lol.

This little race/pursuit is a metaphor for her capabilities. She was taking it seriously because is represented her ability to "protect her family." It was all very real to her. You made it brilliantly clear TK by showing the cooperation of both her subconscious and her conscious thoughts and realizations.

Next, the first real introduction to the devestation that has fallen on Jaina's family, alongside the joy and thanksgiving.

A sudden compulsion overtook her, causing Jaina to flip the speeder into reverse. Without looking over her shoulder, merely using the Force as her guide, Jaina whipped the speeder backwards until it was through the front gates, then spun the yoke hard to the right, forcing the vehicle into a one-eighty spin.

This is evidence of Jaina's passion and determination, something that she throws into every battle she has ever been forced to fight. Keira's lack of eyesight- another battle, and Jaina's mode of operation no different. -Without looking over her shoulder, merely using the Force as her guide- She will fight the battle her daughter will eventually have to fight on her own until that time comes. She will prove it can be done. Their daughter's disability will now doubt result in trying times, and I can only wish for Jag and Jaina to keep fighting and always hold onto hope, no matter what.

Beautiful start TK. I am honored to have the opportunity to be moved and inspired by such a touching piece of art as this.

-Rogue

*end first official post on the Legacy thread* :D

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Well, you may regret saying that later?
    DARN!!! Why does that always happen?! ARRRGHHH!!! *stomps out of thread angrily*

*comes back in* [face_blush] Ooops. I forgot to post. lol. Just kidding. But why do my comments always pull out the devil in you? *cries out exasperatedly* lol. ;) I can't wait til Wednesday.

4. Twin_Suns_Leader

Twin_Suns_Leader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2002
    Okay, okay, I'm back. That was really great, by the way. I know I said that earlier, but after re-reading it at normal speed instead of lightspeed, I enjoyed it all the more. ;)

Jag's imitations of X-wing vs. Clawcraft was too cute. I always knew he'd make a devoted daddy. :D

Jaina... [face_laugh] *rofl* That was so totally her. Miss Speed Demon. Yeah, that suits her almost as well as an Ewok suit on a Kitsune. ;) -chortle-

Baby Keira is absolutely too cute. I'm going to grow to love junior Miss Speed Demon even more than I love her already. But of course, as the product of the love between my favorite SW female and his eternal hotness ( [face_love] ) its going to be hard to adore that bundle of joy any more than I already do. :D

Also, just thought that I'd add that E.W.O.K. seems to be getting restless again. Probably will be becoming more so as there are extra day/s between posts... [face_devil] 8-}

5. Kitsune

Kitsune Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2003
    *E.W.O.K. slinks sneakily onto thread, holding onto a bulky bag and looking around in corners for any suspicious mod-type beings. Seeing none, she comes out more into the light, a sly grin on her face. Her target is in sight:

The recently made and presented stash of Jag dolls. Taking one of each and pulling something...fuzzy... out of her bag, she begins to 'play' with the Jag dolls...*

-Fifteen minutes later-

*Her work for now complete, or so she thinks, she begins to slip away, when she eyes Zara's stash of wet Danni noodles. Grinning cheekily when she realizes that the Kick-boxing Bodyguard beta of the infamous Wraiths has become lax because of her engrossment in the latest issue of "Star Wars Male Hottie Fantasy", of which none other than his eternal hottie-ness Jagged Fel is on the front cover and has an -cough- exclusive interview inside; Kitsune, better known as her alias E.W.O.K. creeps over. Taking the key from beside the drooling Zara, she unlocks the chest and pulls out a noodle, of which she slinks away with for E.W.O.K. music torture.

Kitsune ears atop her head, E.W.O.K. grins cheekily again, before doing her best impression of a silent salute and a "Yub Yub, Commander!" and slipping off the thread to contemplate her next cunning and daring strategy....*

-After E.W.O.K. has left, the lights come on and it is clear what has been done to the Jag dolls while in her possession:

Each one is now wearing a custom-made Kitsune brand Ewok suit, complete with McLando's Nerf Nugget Happy Meal and bottle of Lomin Ale. -

6. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Hey guys! I have a new vignette up over at Pillow Talk!! It's a mushy J/TK one. I think you'll all like it... ;)

Pillow Talk

~JMJ

7. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    LOL @ E.W.O.K. [face_laugh]

Excellent first post TKL!! :D :D

8. Storm_Fighter

Storm_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2003
    Happy Birthday to TKeira_Lea's Jag!!!

Congrats on the 100 posties!!!!

?Let?s just say Keira?s Force abilities give new meaning to the word tantrum.?
    Nice one!!! Great Postie!!!

~Storm_Fighter

9. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    NJ: yeah come to FL although it's kind of hot right now.

I love NASCAR and I loooovve to drive fast!

j312: yes, Jaina and Jacen had tantrums but you must remember...

Keira is part Solo, Skywalker, Antilles and Fel!!!!! ARG!

R49: a most fantastic reply. I LOVE IT!

This is the first post, so I will at least point out my few more significant thoughts, especially since I haven't seen anyone else mention them yet. The warm mushy feeling atmoshpere as well as the more humorous qualities of the post seem to have been covered already anyways

Therefore, I must call attention to your brilliance in the more serious aspects of the post

The sound of her feet against the packed snow kept a steady rhythm. She dare not decrease her stride, or she would never make it safely to the estate. He was close behind, catching her with every second.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Jaina dug deep inside herself and fortified her resolve. This was the surest test; she had to make it to the front door, to safety. She had to succeed for the sake of her beautiful baby girl sleeping inside. Jaina had no desire to fail her daughter, to leave her motherless and alone. For Keira?s sake, Jaina continued on when her body wished to fail her.

Crunch. Crunch.

Her pursuer was closing quickly. A sudden fear swelled up. She was not going to make it.

I must admit you had me scared here for a second -no doubt your intent [face_devil] yep!

Fear. Desperation. Determination... All that and more. They will have a lot to overcome in order to live comfortably outside of the Unknown Regions, but then as the Fels know, the Chiss planet is no guarantee of safety.

Jaina had secretly wished to beat him back, thereby proving she had suitably recovered from her illness and pregnancy. Only when she felt completely healed, and thereby capable of protecting her family, could she entertain thoughts of returning to Naboo.

Yep- I see what you were doing TK *shaking finger* lol.
    you do?

This little race/pursuit is a metaphor for her capabilities. She was taking it seriously because is represented her ability to "protect her family." It was all very real to her. You made it brilliantly clear TK by showing the cooperation of both her subconscious and her conscious thoughts and realizations. You are too smart for me. No exactly that was what I was going for. Jaina had to prove something to herself, even it was just a 'silly' race.

Next, the first real introduction to the devestation that has fallen on Jaina's family, alongside the joy and thanksgiving. So true.

A sudden compulsion overtook her, causing Jaina to flip the speeder into reverse. Without looking over her shoulder, merely using the Force as her guide, Jaina whipped the speeder backwards until it was through the front gates, then spun the yoke hard to the right, forcing the vehicle into a one-eighty spin.

This is evidence of Jaina's passion and determination, something that she throws into every battle she has ever been forced to fight. Keira's lack of eyesight- another battle, and Jaina's mode of operation no different. -Without looking over her shoulder, merely using the Force as her guide- She will fight the battle her daughter will eventually have to fight on her own until that time comes. She will prove it can be done. Their daughter's disability will now doubt result in trying times, and I can only wish for Jag and Jaina to keep fighting and always hold onto hope, no matter what. Jaina refuses to see Keira as anything less than perfect, but what will happen when she must confront the pity of others? Hmmmm?

Beautiful start TK. I am honored to have the opportunity to be moved and inspired by such a touching piece of art as this.

*TKL hugs Rogue*

Thank you for reading and offering a heartfelt response. I am glad you saw what I was trying to do.

J&J: sorry :( There's only Sith in me rea

10. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Wonderful post!

Syal smiled up from her chair; Jag was lying at her feet with Keira propped over his head. He bounced the infant gently in his hands, and she gurgled happily.

I remember watching my dad do that with my little brother.

Jag turned to face Jaina. ?Keira votes for the X-wing?s ride.?

Atta girl!

~Rogue

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    There's only Sith in me really
    I knew it!!! I just knew it! Nothing good could ever come of people complementing you so much. ;) You're as arrogant as... as...Jag! You're so lucky!!! :_| lol. Sorry, after affects of being hyper for a long period of time. Too much chocolate=fun & then pain. lol.

12. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    ::dashes into thread::
    ok, phew, just got home from work. EEK it almost 1 am....me up early Any way
    let me elaborate on my previous statements.

I love Kiera! She is so cute.

The whole Syal and Jaina interaction is awesome. It really does show how close they have become.

Jaina racing Jag back to the house shows her determination too.

It is a loverly start!!!

Can't wait for the next post!

::sits down in the corner and curls up with a blanket waiting for next post::

13. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    ::climbs out from under blanket::

Good mornin!!!

Out late, gettin up early! I am gonna fall asleep durin the day!!!!

UP!!!

::climbs back into blanket::

~KJ~

14. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Greetings and salutations. :) Just did a 4-day marathon read of Echoes and Legacy. And I must say that I am really impressed with the depth of these two fics. The characterizations were right on the money, especially with Jaina. :) Oh, and I joined the Cantina group on Yahoo. After talking it over with J_M_Bulldog, we agreed that Goofy would be like the perfect callsign for me. I think it suits me cause I'm always crackin' jokes and makin' people laugh. Well, hope to hear from ya soon! :)

15. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    After talking it over with J_M_Bulldog, we agreed that Goofy would be like the perfect callsign for me. I think it suits me cause I'm always crackin' jokes and makin' people laugh.
    Commander just to let you and XO know that Goofy is the perfect name for JMK. He has had me rolling on the floor laughing so much on MSN Messenger. I once told him that he should be a comedian.

16. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    I once told him that he should be a comedian.

More like once every hour, JMB. :D

17. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Goofy sounds cool JMK and BA :D

I posts an updated list in a few hours :)

Edit: yiha, Reunion is on it´s way to me [face_love] Amazon finally shipped it! It will be here tomorrow! :D

~Arissa

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Good Morning :)
    Yes Spy Boy ( or whatever you call me) is back :D

Nice post TKL
    I didn't know that coming ;)

Happy 100 !!!

19. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Good morning to you too, Spy Boy. :)

20. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Good morning all!!!

21. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002

Just letting you all know that I've just started out on a new fanfic. It's called A True and Pure Heart and I'd love you to go take a look at it!

Hoping to see you there soon!

Shelly
    :D

22. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Morning all! I had a really big email to download, I bet you can guess what it is! ;) He's 4 weeks old today by the way :D

23. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Yay! I'm so excited for you, shinar!!!

24. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Good morning everyone. Good to see the morning crew is here. :)

25. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    Yup, we're here!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.