main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *DELURKED*- Second Chances-Post-ROTS, AU, A(V)/P Obi-Wan COMPLETED, link to sequel posted 6/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by nobodys_angel, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodys_angel

nobodys_angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Title: Second Chances
    Author(s): Nobody's Angel
    Timeframe: Post-RotS
    Characters: Anakin/Vader and Padme
    Genre: Angst, Drama
    Keywords: RotS
    Summary: Padme's part in the Rebellion puts her in the path of her worst enemy
    Notes: RotS Spoilers, Anakin isn't so severely injured by Obi-Wan, Padme doesn't die.

Chapter 1

Obi-Wan watched the heart-broken young woman as she slept and wondered how things had ever turned out so wrong. Their lives, their world, had been turned upside down over night when her husband, his friend, had surrendered to his greed and let the Dark Side take him. Two long years it had been and despite popular belief, it didn't get any easier, especially for Padme.

He thought back to the night they had lost Anakin, a night that would haunt him forever. He had watched his "brother" commit the most unspeakable of acts, from the hologram of the slaughter of the Younglings to his attack and near murder of his own wife. The battle with Anakin had left more than physical scars but his emotional scars were minor compared to Padme's.

He truly thought they would lose her that night and in a way, they did. Obi-Wan and Yoda had agreed that the babies had to be hidden, as well as Padme herself and it was painfully clear that they needed to be separated so that their only hopes couldn't be wiped out in a single attack. Baby Leia had been sent to live with Bail Organa and his wife, and Obi-Wan had agreed to take Baby Luke to Tatooine to live with what remained of the Skywalker family. He also vowed to keep the boy safe, if only from a distance.

When it was clear that Padme would survive, he had sent for her, determined to not let her be alone in this battle she was sure to face. The weeks following were hard on them both. Padme rarely spoke and normally sat at the window, holding the japor snippet that a little boy had given her so many long years ago, in a different lifetime. When she did speak it was always hollow and quiet, like she was scared to hear her own voice. He hated seeing her this way but he knew that she had to grieve in her own time, waiting for the day to come when he could be there for her.

Obi-Wan wasn't prepared for that day when it happened. It had started out like any other with breakfast and a walk around the property. When they returned to the house, he sensed a shift in Padme's emotions; he sensed the anger and betrayal that had built up was finally coming to the surface. He barely dodged the japor snippet as it flew across the room, shattering the glasses on the table. The scream that came from her was heart-wrenching but Obi-Wan didn't have an opportunity to try and comfort her.

Padme had begun taking out her pain on the furniture, throwing small chairs, knocking over what she couldn't lift, clearing off tables and sending their former contents shattering to the ground. Obi-Wan had stood there in utter disbelief at what was going on before him and it took him a moment to collect his thoughts and stop her for fear of her hurting herself. He walked up to her carefully and wrapped her arms around hers, holding on, despite her protests. He was afraid at that moment if he let her go, he'd lose her as well.

"Padme," he spoke comfortingly, holding her to his body, absorbing her struggles. "Padme, it's okay." Slowly, her rage began to subside and was replaced by tears, the first tears that had fallen since the night they lost Anakin. She had cried for hours and Obi-Wan had held her through it all, determined to make sure she knew that she wasn't alone.

Now as he looked at her, he could still see her heartbreak and knew that she would never be the same Padme again. Her heart was guarded but she knew what had to be done. She worked tirelessly to reunite the people in secret. She knew the dangers of forming against the Emperor and his ultimate weapon, Darth Vader. She thankfully did not know who Darth Vader really was.

Obi-Wan and Yoda had decided that it would be better for her not to know. It was hard enough for her to remember the things

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This will be quite an interesting ride! I can't wait for the next post.

3. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I have a good feeling about it.
    Waiting for more :)

4. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Thank you both! I hope to have the second chapter ready later today!!

5. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I like this, keep it coming!

6. QuiGonnJenn

QuiGonnJenn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I like this, especially your take on the ObiWan Padme friendship. Could be some potential there, maybe? Hmm. Can't wait to see. Also, I'm a sucker for Obi Wan in the desert stories.

7. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Thank you both!

8. darthsunflower

darthsunflower Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    That was fabulous!! I can't wait until the next post.

-sunflower

9. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Hopefully tonight or tomorrow :D

10. StarWars_Angel

StarWars_Angel Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    Love it so far! I hope you post the next part soon :)

11. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Very interesting! I can't wait to see the next post!

jazz

12. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Very interesting premise. Look forward to more! :D

13. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Chapter Two
    Prisoner

Padme was unceremoniously shoved into the large room and was thankful for the full face shield on the helmet she still wore. Her fear would have been clearly evident to her enemies when she saw Darth Vader standing opposite her. She had seen him in transmissions but that was nothing compared to facing him in person and knowing he was about to hand over her sentence.

He walked toward her, his black suit even more menacing than she could have ever imagined, making her feel tiny in his presence. She had always known that intimidation was a favorite game of his and now she saw how effective he really was at it.

?So, this is the leader of today?s Rebellion attack?? His voice was almost mechanical sounding and it sent shivers down her spine. ?Did you really think destroying a handful of the ships would really do any good?? He looked her up and down, or at least she assumed he did by his head movement. ?I expected someone bigger. Remove the helmet,? he ordered his guards.

Padme tried to resist them but it was a futile attempt with her hands secured by the metal bindings and the number of guards surrounding her. They must have really seen her as a threat to garner this much security. Good, she thought as the helmet was ripped from her head.

The silence that welcomed her unveiling was unnerving and she shifted uncomfortably. She didn?t suppose anyone thought her to be alive, much less fighting against the Empire.

?Impossible,? Vader finally spoke, his voice much less intimidating than before. He sounded more shocked than the rest of them looked.

?What?s impossible?? Padme sneered. ?That a woman could cause such unrest in your world of tyranny and death??

Vader didn?t answer her. Instead he motioned to the guards. ?Leave us now,? he ordered, his head never moving from her position.

?Do you think that is wise Lord?? one man asked cautiously and was answered with a blast of the Force slamming him against the wall. Padme flinched as the guard flew past her.

?Would anyone else like to second guess me?? His tone was enough to empty the room, leaving her alone with the monster in black.

?Wanted all the glory for yourself?? she asked sarcastically.

?Padme.? His voice suddenly sounded almost familiar to her. ?You were dead.?

?Part of me, yes,? she answered shortly. ?Why the sudden interest in my health? It doesn?t really matter much now that I?ll be dead shortly anyways.?

Padme didn?t know what to expect when Vader?s hands moved to his helmet and unlocked the clasps. What she saw all but floored her. ?Padme, it?s me.?

?No,? she whispered in disbelief. ?Obi-Wan said you were dead.?

The rage that flashed in his eyes at the mention of his old Master?s name was unmistakable. ?Obi-Wan is a traitorous fool.?

?How can you say that? He was our friend. He wanted to help us.?

?He left me to die!?

?He was trying to save you!? Padme was still trying to comprehend how it was that she was here arguing logic with the husband she thought to be dead.

?He called me his brother and then left me, injured and defenseless for the flames! Some savior!?

She couldn?t defend Obi-Wan?s course of action but she could defend the man that had done so much for her in the previous years. ?Obi-Wan made mistakes when it came to you. We all did. But I will not stand here and listen to you speak ill of him after all that he has done for me.?

?Tell me Padme, what has he done for you?? His voice was dripping with jealousy and anger.

?He has been there for me whenever I needed him. He?s been there through good and bad; he?s been there for me to talk to and has let me scream and yell; he?s held me after so many nightmares.? She knew she was baiting him but she didn?t see what she had to lose.

?He?s held you??? His jaw tightened and his black-clad hands clenched into fists.

?Many times.? Her eyes never left his, never wavering or giving in to his dark glare.

?Have you slept together??

?What would you do if I said yes?? She purp

14. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Thanks for all of the motivation for me to write this! It's inspired me more than you all know!

Oh, and StarWars_Angel I LOVE your siggy!! :D

15. darthsunflower

darthsunflower Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Amazing - again. I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

-sunflower

16. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Great post.
    I am waiting for more with great interest :)

17. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Well so far Padme hasn't shown being anger at Obi-wan for not telling her about Anakin being Vader. Then of course she did let it slip that she and Anakin didn't have one but two babies.

18. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Thanks everyone. You can expect more this afternoon, at least that's the plan! Lots of surprises in store for everyone involved!

19. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    I LOVE A/V fics. So you might guess... I'm LOVING this one!!! I really can't wait for more, 'tis brilliant :D

20. StarWars_Angel

StarWars_Angel Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    Nice post.
    It was very interesting. Keep them coming:D

21. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow, Jaina sure picked a good writer for a padawan! I was blown away by this story. Is it your first? It's excellent. You seem to really capture the characters well, especially how they would react if they were in the situation you depicted. Excellent job, grand padawan Jacina. ;)

Oh, as a side note, you might want to do ----- or something else to denote scene breaks. It may make it just a tiny bit easier to read. [ hr] also works (without the space.) :)

Excellent job! :D

22. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Lieutenant_Jaina I'm glad that you like it!!

StarWars_Angel Hoping for the next part to be done fairly soon! Keep an eye out!

Jaya Solo I am NEVER going to live that down, am I?? LOL Actually, my first fic here is the first one listed in my siggy. It was just a little standalone to get the fire burning so to speak. This is my second, but my first serial fic! I'm really glad that you like it Grand Master! :D I'll try and make the breaks a little clearer on the next part! Thanks for the tip!

Edited because I seriously cannot spell people's names for the life of me apparently...LOL!

23. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Oh, I just think it's a cute name. ;) That's why I call you Jacina. ;)

Oh, beware of plot bunnies. ;)

24. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Plot bunnies? Hell, I'm having a hard enough time writing this serious fic while the Lego Star Wars game is being played beside me to worry about plot bunnies! Do you realize how difficult it is to write a serious conversation when you look over and see a Lego Obi-Wan hit a Lego Anakin/Vader in the butt with a Lego Lightsaber?! LOL!

Anyhoo, Chapter 3 is coming in a moment. Ya'll are inspiring me too much today! I need me some Force action to clean my house while I write! :p

25. nobodys_angel

May 28, 2005
    Chapter 3
    In the Name of Love

-?Why didn?t you tell me Obi-Wan? Why did you lie to me??

Obi-Wan awoke with a start, rubbing his temples and trying to determine if the dream had been real or not. It had started with her crying, but he wasn?t able to see her. He searched and searched, following the sounds of her sobs until he found her. She looked amazing.

Padme sat in the richly adorned room stunningly similar to those seen in the past on Naboo, her head in her hands as she wept, the tears falling from her hands and staining the fabric of her dress. Her hair cascaded over her shoulders in waves of curls and shook with her body. Obi-Wan had always admired her beauty and was always taken aback at how beautiful she looked even when so distraught.

He sat up and tried to shake off the horrible feeling he had in the pit of his stomach. Her words reverberated through his soul and he knew he had to get to her before it was too late.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Padme sat in the corner of the room and resisted the urge to turn when she heard the door slide open. ?Don?t you have entire civilizations to be wiping out?? she asked sarcastically. She heard him sigh as he dropped his helmet on the chair and sat beside her.

?How is it that everyone else knew who Darth Vader is but you?? he asked her.

?What do you mean?? She wasn?t sure she liked where he was taking this conversation.

?You have so much faith in Obi-Wan. You speak of all the things he?s done for you. Are you thankful that he lied to you?? He didn?t look at her as he spoke, choosing to stare in the same direction as she did.

?Obi-Wan has not lied to me about anything.?

?He told you I was dead.?

?He told me Anakin was dead.?

?And who did he tell you Darth Vader was??

Padme couldn?t answer that question. Obi-Wan had never been willing to talk about Darth Vader to her, always changing the subject when it came up in discussions. She passed it off to him being too overprotective of her. ?He couldn?t have known.?

?Oh, but he did know,? he told her seriously, catching her eye with his stone gaze. ?Obi-Wan knows exactly who Vader is. He chose to lie to you. He didn?t think you were strong enough to handle the truth.?

?I don?t believe you,? she snapped, shaking her head and fighting back the tears.

?It?s hard to see the one you look up to knocked off his pedestal, isn?t it?? He had felt that same pain when his brother had betrayed him. ?Obi-Wan lied to you Padme. He didn?t want you to know that I was still alive. He wanted you all for himself.?

?You?re the one lying,? Padme spoke, but her words lacked conviction.

Vader turned his gaze to her arm, the dried blood still staining her flight suit. ?You?re injured,? he pointed out. ?Why didn?t you tell me??

?Maybe I was hoping it would become infected and save me from this nightmare,? she answered, her voice shaking slightly. She couldn?t believe what was happening. He was still alive, Obi-Wan had apparently lied to her, and now Vader was expressing concern for her injuries. What hell had she woken up in?

?Padme, I know you?re confused and probably scared-?

?I am not scared, especially of you,? she cut him off and shot a glare at him. ?Don?t pretend you care about me. Don?t pretend that you?re my husband, because you?re not. My husband is dead.?

Vader stood, picked up his helmet and walked to the door. ?I hope that you will change your mind and start seeing things more clearly Padme. I?ll send a droid to patch you up and with some clean clothes for you.?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Padme sat in her solitude, thankful that the bindings had finally been removed and that the open wound on her arm had been tended too. As much as she wanted to leave, part of her didn?t want to be without him again. She was suddenly faced with the knowledge that even if he wasn?t the same Anakin, there was still a part of him in there. She felt he truly did care about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.