main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Demo Staff needed for Episode 3 Premier Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by willhi1979, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi all,

I could use two people who want to demo Star Wars TCG and Star Wars Miniatues at the Episode 3 Premier. It will be pretty simple, and everything you need will be provided. I can hold a demo for you sometime in advance to teach you what you will be teaching. I will also provide a Star Wars TCG Starter which you can keep after the demo is over. If you are interested in helping out in this way, e-mail me at willhi1979@yahoo.com

Thanks,

William

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Will, I am working with Don to coordinate this event, but I know I can help you out with the demo for at least an hour or so. Let me get back to you on Thursday for sure after I hear from Don about the meeting at Brier Creek Tuesday nite.

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I've assigned Jane and Adam for the first two hours, then Chris and Drew when they get there at around 7PM to 10 ish. Adam will cover most of the time on the minis.

4. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, that works. Do I need to try to have a training session sometime for them?

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, Adam needs to learn the TCG and minis.

6. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Don, I sent you a PM.

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Adam knows how to play minis, Adrian and Phillip taught him. I should have Adam, Will, Stacey, and Phil on minis. Jackie on origami xwings. I need at least two folks on the TCG, Chris can you take that with Drew?

8. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Will, I would like to go over how to demo the minis with you. Let me know when you are available.

9. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Don, I talked to Chris and he is going to show Drew this weekend. I should have stuff so we can run two miniatures demos at one time and 3 or so TCG demos at one time. I was planning on running both, ie. running whatever the person wanted to learn. Each demo will take 10-20 minutes.

I also expect each person who is helping to demo sit down with or watch me demo prior to when they start. The reason for this is to let them see how it works and understand exactly what they should cover. This is the first time that the people they are teaching will have ever seen the game, and it is important to keep it simple and not focus on more advanced rules and exceptions. For Miniatures, the basic rules are what will be covered, and with the TCG, the basic learning cards indicated with the starter will be used along with the playmat.

Stacey, I am free Sunday afternoon, I'm running a SWM Tournament at Fallen Orc from 2pm to 5pm. I'll also be at Sports Zone Monday night around 9:30pm. Do either of these times work for you?

10. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Will, I don't have the schedule for next week yet. It may be up today, but more likely tomorrow. I will contact you ASAP about meeting up.

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll bring my Rebel Storm Starter set for Adam to use.
    Stacey, you should bring your basic starter set, please.

12. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Will, I will meet you at Sportzone on Monday nite.

13. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, I'll be there around 9:30pm or so.

14. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Adam and Jane will be joining me at Sportzone on Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.