main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Democrats: Are you ashamed of your party?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Darth Fierce, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    I knew you were but some people around here (me) would think your serious.;)

2. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    I think it's shameful that Republicans are using Wellstone's Memorial service for their own political gain, as a negative issue to charge up the party faithful.

So what's more shameful? The side that uses a tragic loss as a way to charge up the party faithful or the side that uses slams another party's actions at the memorial to stirr up negative feeling and charge up their own party faithful?

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

3. Kuna_Tiori

Kuna_Tiori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    You know what? I am ashamed of the people who did what they did at Senator Wellstone's memorial.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, the people involved didn't constitute the ENTIRE Democratic Party brass, right?

4. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I complained of the Wellstone incident in another thread, but the Republicans are in the right to feel angry over what happened, though they will go too far, I mean...they ARE politicians.

Ciou-See the Sig

5. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    That is just about the most...

The idea of turning a freaking MEMORIAL into a political rally is so abhorrent I don't see how you could possibly blame the Republicans that did absolutly NO politicking, besides pointing out what Mondale's record actually WAS, and Coleman expressed more grieving than the dead guys own SON. Just because us Republicans (and most anyone else with half a brain) find such a thing absolutly disgusting does NOT mean that anyone has to "stir up" negative emotions to point out how disgusting it actually was. Did you even watch the tape? The son crying out "WE WILL WINNN!!!!1!!!111" over and over is all the catalyst one would need to recongnize how bad it actually was. Why can't you just admit it was horrible and there is no excuse, and there isn't anything that the Republicans that are running against Mondale have done that could equal this.

6. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Of course, they are his sons, so I'd think they have the most say in the appropriate way to mourne and celebrate their own father.

Ok, so you guys see something wrong with using a man's death for political gain, but you don't see anything wrong with how the Republicans are using the same man's death for political gain?

7. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    I think you have it the other way around OWM.

Even Jesse Ventura, an Independent, was disgusted at how the Dems acted at that funeral. He was even ready to appoint an Independent because of how disgraceful the whole situation was.

8. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    but you don't see anything wrong with how the Republicans are using the same man's death for political gain?

Actually, I haven't heard any Republicans being out-spoken on this issue, expressing their anger. The only pol i've heard really be vocal about it is Jese Ventura. So, you might wanna provide a quote by any Republican on this issue, or PPOR.

9. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    I am truly ashamed that my fellow Democrats made a political event out of the memorial service for Sen. Wellstone. Of course, I've been ashamed of the Democrats for a long time now.
    I'm ashamed that Tom Daschle, John Kerrey, and Dick Gephardt all cozied up to the pro-war crowd.
    I'm ashamed that the Democrats scurry and hide everytime they oppose something and are called unAmerican (the exception being Daschle's fierce rebuke of the President when the Homeland Security issue came to that point.)
    I'm ashamed that the Democrats (and Republicans) were not able to get a senior prescription drug plan out, something that is vitally needed.

Which Democrats am I not ashamed of? Why, Russ Feingold and Paul Wellstone, to name two. Sadly, Sen. Wellstone is dead now (through whatever cause) so Sen. Feingold is my last true hope for the Democrats. There is also Howard Dean, governor of Vermont and Presidential Candidate in 2004. He wants universal health care coverage for everyone in the US and is also an opponent of the war in Iraq. These two I will vote for, but no Democrat who voted for the War in Iraq will get my vote in 2004. Go Greens!

10. 800-pound_ewok

800-pound_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2002
    i'm an absentee voter here in california. i didn't vote for a single democrat this year. i was green all the way. though i despise the republicans, i would rather see a cold republican in office than a spineless democrat. you can always count on a republican to do what they've always been doing (serving the upper crust and only the upper crust), but you can never trust a democrat these days. i will keep voting for greens from now on for two reasons:

1.) the greens are the true party for the have-nots and they need to be heard.

2.) it's the best way to toss votes to keep the spineless democrats from getting a place in office.

i was a democrat, by the way. so yeah. you could say that i'm a bit disappointed with them.

cheers!

11. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    WEll, Terry Maccallife, DNC head, is now claiming it was the Wellstone Kids that turned it into a political rally and that he is disappointed in them for doing that. I hope that settles some of it.

I think the Republicans have been very classy in dealing with this. It was a disgrace on the democrats' part for doing this and even their own leadeship seems to realize this now as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.