"Denial of self" Short Movie

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Melacar, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Melacar Jedi Padawan

Greetings everyone,

two guys from europe had the idea to make a film about a simple ligthsaberbattle. After 8 months of hard work uprised this shortfilm over 11 minutes. The scenery is not the same like the star wars galaxy but this film was inspired by this epic poem. We hope you enjoy it.

Melacar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMxGbBZOYc
  2. Evil-Henchman Force Ghost

star 4
  3. Sith-Man Force Ghost

star 4
    Loved it. Some really good choreography, and some great cinematography. Bravo.

Should've saved it for the lcc though. lol
  4. ResisterOfEvil Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Real quality work, loved it.
  5. burkevader Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very very well done! Camera angles especially impressive.
    Props!
  6. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent execution of both the Choreography and the Cinematography. The story sold itself; it didn't need further explanation, which is awesome because no words were spoken and that is impressive. I saw the ending coming BUT it was only when he switch off the saber, once he did, I let out a big smile. It reminded me of when Anakin gave in to the dark side.

Had it been in the LCC it would have killed. Excellent short film. I'll keep an eye out for you future projects.
  7. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Up until the sabre fight started it was all looking pretty good. The problem with long drawn out 7+ minute fight scenes is that they just drag and drag and unfortunately we really have 'seen it all before'. If anything it's almost a case of "OK they've started fighting, let's go to the end to see how it finishes up" which is what I did.

I certainly think you guys did very well in having no dialogue and the colour grade, editing and sound mix was pretty good, it's just that it was too long. Furthermore, I can't help but think how good the story would've been WITHOUT the whole lightsabre/Star Wars angle.

It's also a shame this wasn't made 6 or 7 years ago otherwise the FF world would've gone nuts over this.

My biggest beef though is with the end credits. I fully understand how much work goes into a film but don't credit yourself for every little thing you do. Sure credit yourself for the big roles and then forget the little ones otherwise it's just the same names appearing again and again which is wayyyy too self indulgent.

Best of luck with any future gigs.

8. drewjmore Jedi Master

star 4
  9. ObiJuan2080 Force Ghost

star 4
    What you can do is group everything you've done (within reason) into one block then add your name:

"Directed, Written, Edited and Produced by..."
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.