main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Dennys: Open 24 a day for anyone who wants to stop by and chat

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I had my "therapy" day yesterday. Sue and I went horseback riding and it was the perfect day for it. And my "psycho" mare was even behaving herself. :)

Gotta go chain myself to the sewing machine for the rest of the week.

P.S. I have stuff on e-Bay if anyone wants to check it out. I need money for C4.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsd_baytraderQQhtZ-1

2. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, tuesday I got a call from my wife saying that some people came over to pick up items she offered on Craigslist. The 6 year old boy that was with his mother was simply amazed at my star wars figure collection. That is when the week went downhill fast for me.
    My wife went ahead and gave the little boy my Han Solo Mail away stormtrooper figure that I have had for the last 12 years...FOR FREE.
    My wife told me that since it was stuffed in the back of the closet in a small plastic bag with dust on it meant that I wasnt using it so the little boy could have it.
    To add insult to injury, it was the first figure I collected. :_|

3. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Why not contact the parents and explain the there was a BIG mistake made. Then offer the boy another figure.

Most people are pretty understanding about these things. And the worst that can happen is they say "no". So take a chance.

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Specially knowing what that is worth now. Gods I'm sorry. That is right up there with my ex- Mother-In-Law throwing away my #2-10 Superman comics, #1-25 ORIGINAL Flash, plus equivalent Supergirl, Superboy, etc. (All in mint and in plastic) when I got married. She threw a fit to "keep them safe" while we were on our honeymoon, and then while we were gone she threw them away, as "I know your parents would never make you grow up and get rid of them." At the time, the collection was valued at over $10,000 and was going to be used as a downpayment for a house. There is a reason she was an EX!!!

5. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    I did something better than that. After my wife told me how happy the boy was with the figure, I told the parent he could keep it. I just found another one on ebay which my wife will pay for.

6. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Ouch! Talk about a costly mistake.

I guess that will ensure she never does that again. :oops:

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    That's awfully nice of you. Glad you found another. I was under the impression that it was the "tiny head" Han in the TK armor that you mailed off for from one of the cereals. At one time that was worth a small fortune. [face_hypnotized]

8. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    Nah, it was the mail away from the fruit loops cereal promotion.

But this is a MUST HAVE NOW!!!!!!!
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/8cd5/

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    AWWW! That's so cute!

10. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    I have that one!

He's so much fun, I got him at CC last year. He rolls across your table/floor beeping and whistling.

Last year I played an evil trick on my boss. I hid R2 on her desk just before we had a meeting and then started playing with him and spooked her. She screamed so loud, she didn't see it clearly right away and thought it was a mouse.

ROFL.

I feel your pain on the comics though, I had quite a few that I had to sell off. ;(

11. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I so have to have that remote control R2!!!
    Hum...digging out the credit card when everyone wakes up.

Late night last night, went to CSC, got some better pictures, plunked down yet more cash in that gift shop (we plunked down a wad on Sunday as well). Met the manager there who could tell we were serious collectors so started asking if we were interested in things that were in the back room, not on the floor kind of thing. Got the concept trooper because of that though-he was about to restock the pegs and asked if we wanted to wait to see what was in the boxes. Somehow still managed to not get on the Millenium Falcon ride :(
    Then Downtown Disney for dinner followed by DCA to wander then watch the Electrical Parade, then over to Disney to half watch the fireworks while making our way through Main Street, ride the Buzz ride, ride the carousel then head back to the car to go home. Gotta absolutely love having those passes!!! Got home at some time around 1 I think.

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    You have GOT to go on the Falcon! I've been...hmmm ...six times I think.

First one was pure "Yeeeehaaaa!" Which was not the most reserved reaction for someone in Kenobi attire (too many years as Han). The rest was just enjoying..and the last one, since in SCFF mundanes..just played with the switches and buttons and got to finally "fly" her after years of dreaming about it! (Love being able to just be a kid again)

Hmm Disneyland..never did make it over there the last time. So, now I'm needing a churro! (AND a ride on PotC!)

13. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We got there so late yesterday (later than Sunday) that the line would have been our entire time left until closing. We ran into the same problem on Sunday :(
    I think we're plannig one more trip up, this time set the alarms or something to get there as early as we can. Yesterday was the first time we had gotten sleep all week so we really needed the sleep in so it was a toss up.
    Is it one of those rides that moves around or a stationary one? Never could figure that one out.

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hard to explain, the cockpit itself is stationary, but the way it is set up is that you truly feel as if you are aboard the Falcon and are flying. It's amazing. You actually "feel" her move. Like I said, you need to experience it. It's just incredible. (Can you tell that I'm STILL jazzed about it?) :D [face_laugh] =D= w00t!!!!!

15. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Gavin started getting concerned it was going to be like Star Tours. Unfortunately Jon took him on it when he was really to small to really like it(our first trip I think, he was 4 but happened to be tall enough),not having upperbody strength it threw him around like a rag doll and now he won't ever go on it anymore. He won't go on pirates again either(the waterfalls) :( Ewan on the other hand is fearless and pirates is now his favorite ride, he's still too small for Star Tours.
    If it's only the movie that makes you feel like you're moving then we're good.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Like Kim said, you don't move at all, but there's parts that you feel like you're moving. It's not too bad if you sit in the chairs, but if you have to stand, it's way worse. Still cool, though. :D

17. thtirishgirl

thtirishgirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2007
    I almost lost my cookies when I was standing in the back....but I have mild motion sickness.....so....standing isn't for the week of stomach![face_sick] [face_worried]

18. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    Were they of the Girl Scout Variety??? TEEHEE

19. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    OK, On a completely different tangent:

Just for fun, go to www.google.com

Click on maps (in the toolbar) It will bring up a map.

Click on "Get Directions" (just under the search box)

In the first box, type New York. In the second box, type London.

Read the directions :) (paying close attention to #23)

I now return you to your regular tangent.

20. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Saw that this morning. Absolutely hilarious!

21. TatoinneMom

TatoinneMom Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2005
    Try NYC to Paris :)

22. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Ah man, I can't get it to work for anything across the Pacific Ocean :(
    I tried San Diego to Hawaii, Japan ang Hong Kong.

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I think it only works for the Atlantic...plus look at the "estimated time" from NYC to London is 29 days ... LOL

24. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    That's a lot of swimming [face_hypnotized]

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It's FRIDAY! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.