main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2013 -May 31st- June 2nd

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  2. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I'll man the RMFF table for a couple of shifts on Saturday.

SITH__CHICK and DieWompRatDie like this.
  3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    The Sheraton, not the Marriott. :) And I got my room res. Thanks for the reminder!

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh oops, yes you are right. ;). I'm just used to talking about the Marriott ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  5. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Is this also a table planning thread? Or do we need something seperate for that? I'll be there with the droids in the robot area. I might be able to help with setup/teardown. I'm staying at the fabulous 10 star Hotel Lynelle. Sauna and hot tub included.

6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I hope they get some Walking Dead guests, or Twilight would be nice. (although I know that wont happen) ;)

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    What? Wil Wheaton, Peter Mayhew, George Takai, and STAN LEE aren't good enough? :D Nope, no half-dead zombies or sparkly vampires at this convention. LOL

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'm, like, 80% sure that I will have guests that weekend, so I don't know how much time I can commit to the table, if any. My sister and her husband are supposed to come, and they said they are bringing two friends.

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Boo! ;)

10. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Just announced: Felicia Day!

[​IMG]

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I want to costume designer from Once Upon a Time to be there! QHM, how are you getting 4 more peeps in your place?

nnaydolem and Katsu_MaRoy like this.
  12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    We did it once before. Up-end the coffee table and there's a lot more floor.... The other couple may stay somewhere else, though. They haven't decided yet. (For those who were at the photoshoot my sister did with the X-Wing, this would be the same four people.)

13. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    this is one con i like that is walking distance. :)

catz44 likes this.
  14. Nagayoshi

Nagayoshi Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    Bought my ticket and booked my room.

[face_dancing]

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Anybody going to the Brewmaster release party thing on May 30th?

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    That's my plan....barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Also, it's May 9th, not 30th

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I made a separate thread for the panels, so I think table planning here is fine.

We will be getting some exhibitor badges so we will be able to get into the exhibit area, where our table will be, and set up Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. I believe Jeff will be spearheading that, but I'll let him chime in about those logistics.
    We plan to have the table with prize wheel, like at Starfest, the Jabba Toss, and the Photobooth. We will be asking for 2 tables and a table space for all our stuff, as soon as I get in touch with the fan table person at DCC, whoI haven't heard from and am trying to get contact information for.

Perhaps catz44 can do another Google sign up sheet...not read-only this time...so people can fill in shifts? I know this is a con with more cool stuff going on, so we really need your participation at the table so people know how cool the RMFF is.

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  18. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yes I can do that ;).

What are the hours for the table on each day? I will get it set up this weekend

19. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Anyone planning on doing a little bit of cosplay? I'm trying to decide if I want to... I'm thinking about rocking out a Han Solo, unless someone has any other ideas for me (doesn't have to be SW)...decisions, decisions....

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    There will be costumes aplenty. Pick your poison!

21. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
  22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    So what are everyone's thoughts on doing the prize wheel at DCC? Did you think it was sucessful at SF? Did it bring more people to the table? If we do it, we will need more prizes, even more then last time since this is a bigger con.

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I think it was a great success. It was eye-catching and brought people over to the table. While the kids (and adults) spun the wheel, I handed them information about May the Fourth and our group. Some folks seemed more interested in spinning the wheel and hearing about the group than getting a prize out of the box. Although there were some people who were all about the prizes, too. It is a great way to bring people over to the table and, with that opening, a way for us to recruit/inform them about the group. Hope they have come by and said hi or are at least lurking!

Yeah, the prizes we had were great with some more popular than others. Everybody liked the candy in the smaller prizes boxes and the stuff in the best prize box. They liked the pencils, Vader heads with candy and any toys in the boxes. Less popular were RMFF tattoos and books.

It is a bigger con, however, we didn't seem to have as much traffic at last years' DCC compared to this year's Starfest, IMHO. We should definitely still have a table and cool stuff like Jabba Toss and the Photostand, but it's more laid back as far as the constant stream of people at the table.

24. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I think we need a better system for distributing the prizes, and perhaps make it so if you land on Red, you can get any prize you want (not just from the red box).

25. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    So I had an idea to reserve a room at Embassy Suites (I know it's not a con-rate hotel) to use it for storage/dressing room for anyone who needs it, and for a get-together on Saturday night. I'm not sure what is going on Saturday night, but it seems like there should be a Fan Force *something*, even if it is just meeting at a restaurant.

catz44 likes this.