main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2013 -May 31st- June 2nd

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 15, 2013.

1. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I think that's a great idea, Jason! And we should have *something* Saturday night.
    My sister was looking into hotels. Maybe it would be easier if she was there instead of close to my place. I didn't realize there was an Embassy Suites that close.

2. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    As for the prize wheel, if whatever needed adjusted on it gets fixed. I don't see why not. Of course, I'm not the one hauling things.

If we need more prizes, we should probably get on that after this weekend.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We started doing it so if you land on yellow/hyperspace, you can pick a prize from each of the three boxes. We kept it lading on red lets you pick form the red box because it, theoretically, had the best prizes of all three boxes. However, if they didn't want anything from the red box, they can pick from the other two. <shrug> No hard and fast rules if we don't want to, though.

4. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Im going to book a room at the Hyatt Regency mainly because its so damn close...

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We have a room booked at the Sheraton.

6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Great idea! I think if we are going to do something we should attempt to plan a time and place after all it is like herding cats ;)

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  7. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I was thinking if we could get 3 people to go in on the room, the RMFF could cover the other 4th of the cost. That would be for 2 nights so the room could be available Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. For those going in on it, they could also take advantage of the free breakfast and happy hour. :)

8. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    How are you getting exhibitor badges? I was told absolutely no freebies!
    How are you getting in to set up on Thursday? No one else can get in until Friday morning!
    Who is your DCC contact? No one else is able to get ahold of anybody!

Cal Pierce has already talked to a couple people in charge (Charlie for one), and it looks like all the SW groups will be in the exact same place as last year with the exact same amount of tables as last year. Most of the groups have been trying to contact the person in charge of fan tables, but no one seems to know who that is (or willing to give names). No one has had any contact from DCC about fan tables. I've been trying to get some more space for the droids, but now I'm worried that won't happen. The MSR2 also desperately needs two tables, but from what I've been told from outside sources that probably won't happen (and the convention center does not allow groups to bring in their own tables). DCC is not on top of this at all this year. Good luck, and if you hear from anyone in charge let the rest of the groups know.

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    How much would it be, and thus split four ways?

Yay, happy hour!

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

As part of setting up our fan table, we will receive a certain number of exhibitor badges so we can get in Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. I don't have any more details than that. I heard that from Sam, the bearded dude who is in charge of programming and the exhibitor hall. His email is sam at denvercomiccon.com.

The SW alley will be in a different place than last year, last I heard. It will be on the opposite side of the exhibitor hall. I don't know about the number of tables or their allocation, but here's what I've heard from Nikki, who is in charge of the fan tables:

"We're still working out the logistics of the fan group walls, but I think that we will be able to have your space set up per your request below.
    This year the fan tables setup has been going through a lot of changes, so things haven't been running as smoothly as we'd like, but we want to make sure that all the groups are happy so thanks for reaching out to me."

The fan table situation is still a work in progress, but initial contact has been made, which is progress. I'll set up a Facebook group with the SW group folks and her to facilitate communication. I plan to do that after May the Fourth so we can focus on one event at a time.

Hope this helps relieve some of the angst about DCC and the SW alley for folks.

11. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The rate at Embassy Suites is $170, and the split being $85. If more than 3 others want to go in, than the price is reduced even more. I'm willing to go in for a share.

12. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    the Hilton Garden across the street is $109 and they still have rooms. I think Crown Paza at $119 also has some rooms left. $170 is way too much. I bet you can get really good rates for Embassy at priceline.com or cheaptickets.com (or any other hotel discount website). Why pay full price?

13. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    I was about to say the Hyatt Regency also has rooms @ $150 (directly across from the center)

14. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I was going to order some prizes for the prize wheel on Oriental trading company. I can donate 20-30 for it. Do we want to use some treasury funds and order more? I think we will need lots of prizes for this and we are running low after SF.

15. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Any thoughts? I need to place this order soon do we get everything in time ;)

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think it's fine if we spend a little on prizes. Just don't bankrupt us. :p
    Get geeky if you can.

FanForced likes this.
  17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Let's do it!

18. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Finally bought my 3 day pass and hotel (Hyatt Regency)!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  19. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Always geeky. ;)

20. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I might be able to contribute some tribbles to the prize wheel

QueenHighMistress and catz44 like this.
  21. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
  22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    We have been given some weekend passes from DCC for the table. We have two weekend passes that will be given to two people. The first one will be given to someone that can be at convention center on Friday at 2pm and the afternoon to help with set up and running the table. The Second pass will be given to the person that can help open the table up on Saturday and Sunday morning at 9:30am. Whoever volunteers first will get these.
    Please post if you can help with either of these times. :)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    And, reposting the link to the Google spreadsheet for sign-up times: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApuAs8oiTe7zdHJseGwyaC0xdUU2ZmtyMTJ0TUtEc1E&usp=sharing.

24. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    we also have Halloween left overs. I'm sure we have them, I will dig them out.

FanForced likes this.
  25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    True. We had lots of candy left over that would be good to give away.