Denver Comic Con 2014 June 13-15

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Nov 27, 2013.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey everyone,

I have been appointed by the con organizers to be the POC and organizer for all of the Star Wars fan groups for the Star Wars Experience at Denver Comic Con this year. We had a lot of great things in our area last year. The Green Screen Adventure, Blast a Trooper, armor and weapon displays and tables for our group’s info as well as storage and changing area. All of the groups worked well in unison to make us the envy of Star Wars groups all over the world. It’s time to think about what we can do to step up our game. What kind of memorable feature or features can we add to make people walk away and then want to come back the next day?

The Star Wars area this year will be a bit different than last year since we won’t be on the wall and they have doubled our space. We now have a 25’ X 80’ space behind the stage dead center of the con floor. This means we will be a destination. Everyone will pass by us. We will have a 360 degree booth. We will also have all of the Star Wars groups in one area. The Mandolorian Mercs, Far Away Creations, R2 Builders, 501st, RMFF and the Rebel Legion.

I am discussing exhibitor badges and a secure changing/ storage area with DCC at the moment. For the time being we should assume we will have to store totes in our booth area. I would like to suggest totes with lids only. No bags, boxes no loose items or costume pieces and no totes without a lid. We will have to stack.

For now, Exhibitor badges will be only be for official members of each group who are working the booth.

Same rules apply as last year. I have been reminded that if one person can’t carry something in don’t bring it. No power tools, no carts or hand trucks. It is a family event so everyone must be on their best behavior. All money collected in our area MUST go to charity. Remember, this con is 100% charity driven for Comic Book Classroom but we are free to take donations for charities close to our heart.

Here is the website:

http://denvercomiccon.com/

I will post details and info as I get them and look forward to this year being bigger and better than ever!

If anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeff
  2. corran_r9 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    About the badges. I know we discussed this at the meeting, but I'll bring it up again. With the early sales in a few days, it would be nice to know what they are gonna do with exhibitor badges. How many, if we can get as many as we need and such. I'd hate to be left not buying a ticket and not getting a exhibitor badge. Or I'd hate to see this happen to others, see if you can press them to answer before the pre-sale. Thanks.
    nnaydolem and catz44 like this.
  3. Dark Crafty Jedi Master

star 1
    Any news on the exhibitor badges? I plan on working the table this year again... just booked my hotel and debating on if I need to get a 3 day pass again.. Don't want to get stuck without anything! Worst case is I can sell my 3 dayer to someone that didn't get a chance to get tickets like last year.
    DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4

Initial word is that we should have more than enough for table volunteers. @darth_hair will be the point person between the Star Wars Experience (or whatever we call it this year) and DCC. I'm sure we'll talk about it extensively at meetings and on the boards leading up to the con.
  5. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    I will be starting a Google Doc shortly with all the stations we have allocated that will need staffing. I'm sure dh will update this thread as well soon, I'm not sure he's making it to the meeting today or not.
    catz44 likes this.
  6. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I will be meeting with Sam in the next couple of weeks about passes, our layout and when we will be able to set up and such. I'll provide updates as I get them.
    DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I am totally down for doing green screen stuff on Saturday=)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby