main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2015 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    form filled out...thanks. :)

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I put a shift down on sunday. I am still waiting to hear WHEN the panels i am involved in are scheduled. I do not need a badge, but i would love to help! I just need more information.

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    If you don't need a badge then you are not required to work 2 2 hours shifts, you can volunteer whenever you want, costume for photo ops or not in costume. I'm taking your name off the DCC Sign up sheet just because that is kind of holding a spot for one of the 88 badges we have to share between the groups.

nnaydolem likes this.
  5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Got it! Thanks!!! :)

6. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I bought some prizes for general use not just for DCC. There really isn'tt a committee, just buy some stuff and add it to the prize box. It's not that hard to do. We don't need permission to buy stuff that's super cheap (and yeah, it was super cheap pennies-per-prize stickers and buttons). I'm hoping we'll have a constant supply, so buy what you can (if you can) and add it for DCC or later events. It doesn't have to be specifically for DCC. Anyone can do this. Nothing gets bought with committees. Next year, I'll put some more prizes in the box for events for the club to use. And three of us volunteered, not just you.

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Then why is there a thread with "promo item committee" in the title?

We were specifically trying to cut down on people randomly wanting reimbursed by being organized, because we don't always have this kind of money in the kitty.

8. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Courtney and I signed up for shifts and sent payment. Thanks!!!

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh Snap.
    I didn't say I was the only one that volunteered, just that I did and was still on the scout for best quality items over quantity like asked and nobody told me it had already been taken care of so I was off the hook. What I thought we were doing was the prize wheel for DCC, not the member prizes, not Haunting prizes but DCC. We ran out last year late Sat and Sunday was a sad site at our table.

There is no mention of what was purchased so I'm not going to continue to buy stuff in case they are duplicates. Sounds like you hit the jackpot and have a solid source but the sounds of your post above.
    The candles will be for the volunteers then. You are right, it's not that big of a deal. I wish something was said in the meeting notes, or a PM to make sure I knew what was up, that's all.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    What is our deadline for sending our $50 per ticket to the email on the spreadsheet?

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    May 20th, could be subject to change.

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    There are several members that have reserved a DCC ticket but hasn't signed up for their 2 shifts, so if you haven't done so please do. If you're having problems here are a few reasons why. #1, you don't have a Google log in account #2 You don't have the Google Drive app downloaded on your phone #3 Cookies may need to be cleared #4 When you signed up you didn't give the Google account email so I granted permission to the wrong email.

nnaydolem likes this.
  13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Please see photo (which is listed in the information post) we are NOT SHARING space with anyone, we have or own spot, as does every other group or feature, so in a way we are all sharing the 80 X 15 or whatever the size of the area.

JawaJaka there are going to be areas displaying costumes, why can't a few droids go with those displays? Not sure how to display a droid when we are standing behind tables?

nnaydolem and QueenHighMistress like this.
  14. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Just an FYI, count me in for setup and take down.

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I put my name in, so I guess I'm just waiting for the link so I can sign up for my shifts. :)

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The hardest working RMFFer...from Alaska!

corran_r9 likes this.
  17. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I feel like this is a stupid question, but if we just want to sign up for one 2 hour shift, do we need to buy a pass for that day? I don't need a 3-day pass, but I do need to know if I need to buy admission for the day I'm volunteering. Thanks!

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

bump

nnaydolem likes this.
  19. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    Ok signed up for 2 shifts who and how do I pay?

20. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Lynn, you can paypal to the email address that is listed at the top of the sign up sheet. I apologize, I don't have it open right now otherwise I would post it here. Hope this helps!

Autumn

21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    What would everyone think about having a button maker at our table for DCC? Stickers were popular at Wings and other prior events, but if we could make our own buttons for around the same cost, that would be a pretty unique giveaway. We used one at Star Wars Reads day last year, and gave them all away.

I just started looking but found this one for $140. It comes with a thousand buttons so if you figure 10 cents per button that's really only 40 bucks for the button maker:
    Sanvn Third Generation Simple to Install 1"button Maker Machine+1,000 Parts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRS62QW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ziSsvb0GYMKE2

ShortForceLover and AuttyBot like this.
  22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I think that's a really good price, last time I priced them it was close to 300. What size? Would it by any chance be multiple sizes? Good find and we paid .10 a button when we had RMFF buttons.

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    This isn't a stupid question at all. To volunteer for the SWE you need a pass, weather it's a day pass, 3 day pass or exhibitor pass. Sounds like the RMFF is doing some panels and if you help with those passes for that day are handed out. It might be to late to get on the list but worth asking whoever if there's a spare running laying around. You could also work out buying the discounted tix and sharing it with someone else that can only be there a day (but a different day) :p

I hope that answered your question and not add more confusion.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    And another RMFF-ish panel (definitely a great Star Wars panel) has it's day and time.

Star Wars: The New Canon
    There's a wind to shake the stars blowing through the Star Wars universe - it's the wind of change. Join Jonathan Thornton from Rocky Mountain Fan Force and Star Wars fanatics from the Denver Public Library as we discuss the new Star Wars canon: the Star Wars Rebels animated series, the four novels (with additional books scheduled to be published) as well as the new Marvel comics titles. If you can't wait until December for your next Star Wars fix, join us as we explore all the ways to be a Star Wars fan in 2015.
    Saturday, May 30, 3:15 PM - Room 601
    I'm signed up to be at the RMFF table from 4 to 6 and have the trivia panel at 7:10 PM that night. Would anyone on Sunday or Monday be willing to switch with Linda and I so my Saturday isn't so crazy?

25. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I think it's definitely worth looking at, especially at that price. We'd still have to print the images, but I think that's doable. I don't know if there's enough time to order and get it before DCC this year but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead, either.