main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2017

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by he-guy, May 18, 2017.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    From Scott:
    All,

I will be at Stout St. Social at 14th and Stout (see link below) from 4:30 to 8:00 pm on Thursday, June 29th distributing badges.

If you cannot make it Thursday, I will be at the Exhibitor entrance #3 (new location this year) from 8:00 am until 10:30 am on Friday. [See the DCC app or website for a map].

After 10:30, on Friday, the badges will be given to each groups leader, and you will need to coordinate with them for your badge.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...b89031f1e9135!8m2!3d39.7441078!4d-104.9950846

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Cross post:

I will have my laptop at the hotel, so if flyers need changed at the last minute, etc., let me know. FB messenger or text is best for that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    More crossposting:

Right. To expand on that, as we understand it, auction items will be on display on the RMFF table in wire boxes of some sort. Our table is the prime location for talking about the auction.

For those who will be at the table on Friday, let's talk about the group, the trivia panel, the Denver Public Library panel and the auction. On Saturday, let's talk about the group, the Denver Public Panel, and the auction. On Sunday, let's relax a bit and just talk about the group. :)

There will be an information sheet on the table that will give details about the group for those who need some talking points. QueenHighMistress put that together.
    There will be 1/4 page flyers to hand out about the trivia panel and the Denver Public Library panels, so thanks for handing those out!

4. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Patches have arrived! 4"x1.75". If you're not really into patches, think of them more like a cool bookmark with "strong" adhesive backing. If you ARE into patches, the detail of the blue bear head did not translate all that well into small embroidery (as Cory predicted), but overall I think they look great.

Here's the deets on getting one:
    These will not be available to the general public, only folks associated with the various Denver area Star Wars groups. So, we are bundling them with the pint glasses for $10 and limiting them to 1 per person on Friday and Saturday. Any remaining on Sunday will be available without limits until they are gone.

I believe there are currently 96 people signed up for shifts at DCC plus many others associated with the groups on top of that so they could go fast. [​IMG]

AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  6. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Embroidery is rather unforgiving sometimes and unfortunately in true fashion, it was a last minute attempt so if You get a good response to these, let's plan different formats of art as they pertain to certain products for next year. :D

Had there been more time, I would have refitted the art for an embroidered patch so that both items retained the integrity of the art, though it was simple. Small lines don't transfer very well sometimes. [face_monkey]

7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Considering they weren't reformatted, they still look fairly decent. The bear just looks like a kind of shaggy alien instead. :)

darth-maul likes this.
  8. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Nice thumb!

9. Scotticus

Scotticus Jedi Padawan

May 13, 2017
    Gotta get me one of those! ;)

10. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Thumbs? They are pretty great.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  11. Scotticus

Scotticus Jedi Padawan

May 13, 2017
    No silly! The patch! See you all tomorrow at DCC!!

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great turnout at DCC! Thank you everyone for your contributions into making it a real success!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

FanForced, DieWompRatDie and AuttyBot like this.
  13. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Yep. It was pretty great this year and I loved the trivia thing. I didn't love the silent auction as much.

FanForced likes this.
  14. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I agree about the trivia. Better interaction with the kids and adults than a prize wheel. Good conversation starter and I was able to parlay it into talking about the panels and the group.

FanForced and he-guy like this.