main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con June 13 –15, 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by banzai, Aug 20, 2013.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yep yep...me too...in and all that. I am taking friday off too...So i can help set up on thursday....since it is pretty close to home ;)

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I will be able to get the GSA computer setup on Friday after the morning security briefing. That being said, I will be pretty much invisible during con hours, as I've just taken a new staff position with DCC. Tom & Gary will be taking care of the auction stuff up until show time during the con. Also, Becca & Robert will be there to help support the auction stuff on Saturday. I'll be available by Text, but really no other way.

I will also be on-site from Thursday night until Monday.

corran_r9 likes this.
  3. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I'll be sure to bring my dolly and drill!

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Tom, they're called action figures, not dollies.

5. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Be careful about power tools and carts/dollies. I don't think they are allowed in the convention center because it's unionized (meaning you'll have to pay the guys with the carts in the loading dock area). Unless we can bring those items during the six hours allotted, I would ask Jeff if that's allowed first before bringing any items like that. I know last year I had to hand carry all of AL's parts because they wouldn't let me use his rolling platform to carry stuff.

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Here is the sign up schedule. Tab one's the tables and features that need to be manned. For now I have 2 people per area, might up that to 3, just want to get some feedback and see if we are even going to be able to fill this up or not.

EVERYONE CAN WORK ANY AREA - We will educate on all areas and groups, we really do want to mix it up and mingle

Tab two is to get your name on the badge list, paypal account is to be determined

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoAgnbsw8WC6dEIxalJSMzhPeVVJSzZBeVE0U19KY2c#gid=0

7. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Signed up! Last year I was at the table whenever needed. It was like my rest stop, whenever I wasn't walking around or doing something I was at the table and ended up being there for almost all of the day Friday (and Saturday). I signed up for two specific slots since it looks like you have to be "offical" for the badges, but Ill most likely hang around throughout the day again!

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    OH, I left off the most important part. I will have 10 to 15 super cool prizes for the hardest workers. It will be anything from a bandana to a cool customized costume piece, gift certificates or jammy bottoms for the people that sign up and work the most shifts.

So enter early, enter often [​IMG]

2nd note, everyone must work a minimum of 2 hours to get the discounted badge and set up and tear down time does count as well as 'working' a station.

Thanks for rocking!

And thanks DC - I will try and keep track of people 'working' and not signed up as well.

The main advantage to these badges are: you can come in before the floor opens to the public, you won't have to wait in the 'general public' lines to get into the Dealer rooms. `

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Anyone wanting to work the GSA should think about showing up for April 26th Open Cockpit to learn how to operate it in a stress free environment.

Obey Wann likes this.
  10. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Oh la la! I like prizes :D

nnaydolem likes this.
  11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i can sign-up to help set-up...lifting is an issue, but i can unpack and roll out stuff. :)

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I will definitely be signing up for shifts as soon as I learn when the two panels will be that I will be participating in.

nnaydolem likes this.
  13. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    DieWompRatDie Let me know, I forgot I was helping w/ one of them!

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I remember last year DCC not wanting us to bring in food and water onto the dealer floor. So we are going to ask if we can bring in refreshments in the AM for the early shift and a few snacks to hold people over until they can break for a meal. I will update on what we hear, but that could potentially be very cluttery as people open more than one bottle at a time and leave them all over the place. SO ... >>>>>>

I came up with a brilliant idea this morning.

WATER BOTTLES, yes I know we have those in our non-raffle every month, but these will have special limited edition DCC Star Wars Exp stickers :D So I will updated with the details as I get them.

Dark Crafty, nnaydolem and catz44 like this.
  15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Personal water bottles are not only allowed, but encouraged by the Colorado Convention Center. This is why there are special spigots on the water fountains at the CCC. The no food rule is still in place, however. If you have some personal snacks on you, nobody is going to say anything, but if you are supplying a horde, they probably will say something. And these are not DCC rules, they are the Colorado Convention Center rules.

16. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Hey everyone,

Here is the info for purchasing your discount DCC ticket. Tickets are for official members (501st, Mando Mercs, RMFF, Droid Builders, Far Away Creations and Rebel Legion) that work at least 2 hours at the booth for the weekend. We appreciate anyone who does more.

Please send Paypal payment as a GIFT or it will be sent back. Please include your name and screen name in the notes. Once you have paid Scott Magerfleisch will add your name to the list on the google doc (please don’t add yourself to the paid list)
    Please send $25 to: tk4149@comcast.net

Thank you!
    Jeff

nnaydolem likes this.
  17. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Payment Sent!

nnaydolem likes this.
  18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    payment will be sent Friday!

19. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I am going to Comic Con. But do I have to hang out with RMFF? I was planning on hanging out with MIstress and Bean. But since I'm an RMFF Member, I want in on these discounted tickets! =D= (do discounted tickets mean I have to work the booth????)

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Yep, you gotta sign up for at least 2 hours working the Star Wars Experience area. It doesn't have to be at the RMFF table, though, if you don't want to.

The discounted tix are the reward for working the booth, yes.

QueenHighMistress and nnaydolem like this.
  21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Money sent!!!!!!!!!

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Discounted tickets are earned through service. This whole convention is about serving a community program, and supporting literacy.

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Classy

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    This is something that obviously has been put aside for folks willing to put in hours...and i would say if you are going to do something you need to have a good attitude and want to BE there...support the RMFF and other fan groups in a POSITIVE supportive way.

25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    DCC wants to know ticket totals end of next week 4/18 - 4/19, all tickets must be paid for by 4/30. If you are wanting to get in on this deal start signing up. I understand shifts may need to be moved around and switched out, that's okay, this is not our first rodeo.

You need to be signed up for a min of 2 hours for you to purchase a ticket.

nnaydolem likes this.