main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con June 13 –15, 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by banzai, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Eh, I just read Jeff's post and not the whole thread. MY BAD GUYS! [face_tee_hee]

Thanks DieWompRatDie, for answering my question without getting your panties in a bunch like everyone else. I thought it was a valid question. If that's classy, then cool, I'm a classy guy ;) Who said anything about not supporting you guys? I just didn't know if it was a group thing like "hang out with the group the whole time" or whatever. It's not like I said "Screw the RMFF, I don't want anything to do with them, gimme a discount." So everyone just calm down. Thanks again DieWompRatDie ^:)^

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Ill be flexible on my hours.. Ill most likely make it my "pit stop" like last year and be at the RMFF table most of the con.. I'm surprised the signups aren't filled up already! Not only is it a discounted ticket but a bypass the line/get in early to the floor pass!

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Huh. Well, I'll send the dough and get tix for FanForced and I. I'll tentatively put in hours and, based on experience, the early shifts work for me so I'll plan on those for now. Good to know. Thanks SITH__CHICK.

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The answer to your question was right there in Jeff's post, though, and that's why you came off sounding like: "Screw the RMFF, I don't want anything to do with them, gimme a discount."

nnaydolem likes this.
  5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I gotta get with my sister on what exactly their plan is. If they even have one yet. [face_dunno]

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Signed up on the Google Doc. Will send money...soon.

7. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    Once the DCC schedule comes out, I hope to work the RMFF table along with some of the other SWCs' table on Friday.

FanForced likes this.
  8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Payment sent.

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    They already have my number. ;)

Katsu_MaRoy likes this.
  10. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    When you're right, you're right. Didn't mean to come off like that though. But then again, it IS me after all.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Money sent!

12. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Just in case you aren't getting the special passes from the RMFF, DCC just said the 3 day passes are almost sold out!

13. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Filling up the spreadsheet. Pass $$ sent. :)

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Now this is an awesome convention guest lineup! I'm sure other cons are jealous...
    [​IMG]

banzai likes this.
  15. Yuri1138

Yuri1138 Jedi Knight

Dec 29, 2009
    Wish I could go, but I'll be in China during that time [face_plain]

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I finally remembered to sign up, I think this will new ticketing system will work out great. Just to bump up the attention for this thread:

Steps for Rocky Mountain Fan Force Members (any current members currently reading this page)
    1. Type your name in spreadsheet to claim your spots at the RMFF table or elsewhere in the Star Wars Experience for DCC 2014 in multiples of 2 hours - 2, 4, 6 - you name it, you could potentially hang out right in the middle of the action for the whole con.
    2. Paypal (gift) $25 to tk4149@comcast.net
    3. Profit
    4. Enjoy an awesome pass for an awesome weekend for a small committment of your time (which should also be awesome)

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  17. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    CANT WAIT... at least I have StarFest to hold me over ;)

nnaydolem likes this.
  18. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    bumping this because I couldn't find the thread. It had gone to the second page!

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

And bumping the SW Experience area sign up sheet...

20. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    And bumping..... into walls (sorry, couldn't resist mate)

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Did we want to purchase more small giveaways for the Death Star Prize Wheel? They're fairly depleted and we will need to replenish in anticipation of the crowds at DCC. SITH__CHICK, thoughts? Should I just get a few big bags of stuff of different values for the three prize levels and seek reimbursement from the treasurer, Nerfherders?

Also, what would the procedure be for picking up the DCC admission badges for those volunteering at the SW Experience area?

Thanks!

nnaydolem likes this.
  22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    [quote="DieWompRatDie, post: 51561145, member: 1346994"

Also, what would the procedure be for picking up the DCC admission badges for those volunteering at the SW Experience area?

Thanks![/quote]

Are you talking about the ones that have been paid for?

Prizes, yes we should get some more, should we set a dollar limit?

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Yep, the ones that have been paid for. I wouldn't imagine the people who haven't paid for their badge would be getting one... ;)

Give me a dollar limit and we'll do our best to stay within it. :)

24. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I have some news about DCC.

First up is passes:
    We are out! We will have 100 members from the 501st, RL, RMFF, Mercs, Droid builders and FAC.
    There are still a lot of shifts open and people who bought passes and not signed up for shifts. Please sign up!

As of now, passes will be distributed at the con by Scott M or me. We probably won’t get them until the day of.
    Remember that these passes get us in early to work our booth. They do not get us in to browse, shop or disrupt the vendors and artists so please be respectful of the exhibitor hall and DCC.

Next is load in:
    It looks like for now that move in times are going to remain as previously scheduled: Thursday June 12th at 6pm. Small items carries by singles persons can be brought in via the parking garage. Larger items requiring multiple persons to move will have to be taken to the marshaling yard and brought over to the convention center by Brede.

I will get more info regarding the marshaling yard very soon to those who need it.

I know the load in time says 6PM. I plan on being there early with what I am bringing. I would like to have as many people there early as possible. My plan is to be inside with a few sets of hands to tune up the layout and move what we need like tables and pipe and drape. Be ready to lend a hand to whoever in our booth that needs it.

Last is Friday morning:
    We have from 8-10 to be fully set up and running. Doors are at 10 am this year so we will be a bit crunched for time.

Cant wait, this is going to be amazing!

nnaydolem, catz44 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  25. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    One thing I just learned this weekend... On Thursday, there are NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 ALLOWED on the exhibit hall floor. It's a liability thing, because of the work being done during that time.