main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con June 13 –15, 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by banzai, Aug 20, 2013.

1. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    Thanks for sharing this important information Zoo.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    With the machinery being used during the load in, it's just not safe for the kiddos to be there on Thursday.

3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I tried downloading the Guidebook app on my phone, but it timed out and couldn't find it via search. Maybe cause it's too popular right now and crashed? :)
    I'll try again later.

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    But how do I get in the con to get my badge if I don't have my badge to get in the con? (I can't be there Thursday, nor early Friday.) I'll just text you over and over if I have to. You know I will. :D

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Got an email from Brede. They don’t want us at the convention center before 6PM Thursday.
    There is another event loading out until 6 and don’t want any traffic jams.
    ##########
    In terms of arrival, I would plan to be onsite at the CCC (Champa Street side) by 6:00 pm on Thursday, June 12th. We cannot have you come earlier and take up dock space until access to Hall D is granted, if more than one truck does this we could have a problem with space usage, so it would be best to arrive at 6:00 pm if you need to have Brede assist with loading in through the dock.
    If you are able to hand carry, then yes, you may come when you like, park in the CCC garage and use the elevators to access the exhibit halls. If you hand carry and want to get a load in earlier in the day, we may find a place for you to store materials in Hall E prior to gaining access to Hall D.
    ##########
    I still plan to be there a few minutes early but I don’t want to anger the union.
    I will try and find a map of the area so we can have a visual before hand. If anyone has that info please post it.

I am picking up passes and handing them off to Scott on Wed, if anyone wants to pick your passes up from Scott between 8-10 at his home please contact him via the means you have or you can IM him on facebook for his address: https://www.facebook.com/scott.magerfleisch
    Scott will post info on when and where you can get them on Thursday and Friday.

Buckle up, it’s coming fast!

7. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Non-SW related: I accidentally bought Star Trek Reunion tix for Saturday night, which conflicts with the Make-A-Wish auction. Does anyone know someone who needs a Gold Level ticket to this? Gold level is second tier VIP entry, sold out on line, originally $73. I'll take $70 OBO.

8. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
  9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Here is the lowdown on all RMFF-related panels that I posted on Meetup.com:
    Come to the biggest and best convention Denver has to offer! The RMFF will be participating with all of the Colorado-based Star Wars groups to bring you the Star Wars Experience, with props, shoot-a-trooper, green screen photos, Death Star Prize Wheel, and much more! Happening Friday through Sunday.
    The RMFF will also be hosting four different panels/events. Here is information on them:

PROP MAKING FOR COSPLAY: ALL ABOUT SILICONE AND RESIN
    We’ll be covering different mold materials, mold types, casting materials, fabrication, and techniques for getting good results.
    Friday 12:15 PM - Room 401/402

STAR WARS TRIVIA AND GAME SHOW Come on down and see if the force is with you! Test your knowledge of the galaxy far, far away and play Star Wars trivia at this three round, trivia/game show panel. Prizes for all winners!
    Friday 6:45 PM - Room 110/112

STAR WARS – EXPLORING THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE
    The Star Wars Universe is vast with countless books, comics, video games and television shows. Join lifelong Star Wars fans from Denver Public Library and Jonathan Thornton of Rocky Mountain Fan Force for this big discussion.
    Saturday 11:45 AM - Room 103/105

7TH ANNUAL R2-KT AUCTION TO BENEFIT MAKE-A-WISH COLORADO
    Inspired by the life of Katie, and the work being done in her name, the Star Wars fans in the Rockies started an auction to raise funds and awareness for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado. All of our items are donated, making it possible for
    100% of the money raised going directly to Make-A-Wish Colorado.
    Saturday 6:45 PM - Room 110/112

ladyblues likes this.
  10. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002

Not sure if anyone saw this!!!! Scott will have passes if you want to get them before or day of.

Another note. I think $150 is kind of high, I think we need to limit the 3 prizes boxes to one. We have less table and sitting space then previous years. Won't be able to tell until we are set up, but I know we have a ton of tattoos, those can always be a prize and not a hand out.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I think putting the tattoos in as a prize is a good idea. However, the wheel has four different sections on it and part of the fun is not just spinning the wheel, but seeing what you land on and picking a prize from that specific box. I think we should stick with three separate and distinct prize boxes of prizes. ladyblues and thebreadnappa are purchasing prizes, so perhaps they can stick to a lower dollar amount that would be best. Perhaps $100? And these prizes should last a long time past just this convention.

12. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Something to keep in mind with the different colors/boxes, perhaps smaller boxes would help. We're short on surface area. The smaller boxes can always be replenished from larger containers under the table. Even if we just bring out the appropriate box after a spin, larger boxes will still take up more table space and cause more congestion (indecisive kiddos with too many options).

13. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    I will stick to small items and put together smaller boxes. @breadnappa and I have a collection of small shipping boxes in the basement we can pull from. And I like the idea of the boxes nesting inside one another for tigher storage. I'll try to make that happen too.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The existing boxes are also labeled according to which section of the prize wheel you land on, so if you can indicate which box corresponds to which part of the wheel, that will help, i.e. an X-Wing box, a Y-Wing box...

15. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will already be downtown for a baseball game on Thursday, so I can help bring stuff in at 6pm.

nnaydolem likes this.
  16. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    Got it. Labels. We are on it!

17. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    I anyone is not needing their 1 day pass for Friday, please let me know. My daughter is wanting and willing to help out with the Trivia but doesn't have a way in. Thanks!

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I'll print out a few copies of the spreadsheet and have them at the RMFF table for people to peruse, if they need.

19. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    Lynn, I'll give you my one-day pass for Friday. PM me to work out how I can get it to you.

20. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Do we still need prizes? I can swing by somewhere and get Star Wars related prizes if we need them..

21. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    @breadnappa and I just brought home the last load of prizes. We are set, and within budget! Woo hoo!

The pickings for Star Wars items were slim this week. We went to seven stores and pretty much every where we could think of. It seems those darn Marvel Comics themed items are taking up the Star Wars party favors spaces now! We can try looking for close outs online for future events sometime with perhaps better luck. And I'm sure with the new movies coming, there will be much more stuff other years.

We did find some Star Wars things to mix in. For the most part, we stuck to things where we could get a lot of prizes for the dollar. I will estimate we probably have 800 prizes, once we cut the stickers apart.

On that note, if you're around the convention center with time to kill Thursday night (ha! yeah right!) or working table duty Friday morning, be ready to cut stickers! :) I'm bringing two pairs of scissors and a daunting stack of sticker sheets!

This weekend is going to be fantastic! See you all there!

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  22. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Side note... I dont think its been posted yet but I'm assuming we will get a number to text to pick up our 3 day passes (Ill be there Friday around 12)?

23. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Hey everyone,

This is the final update till the con starts!

Talked with DCC and Brede today and if you have more than you can carry in one trip, please go to the loading dock ramp like we have in years past. I believe off of Champa (please let me know if I am wrong) and wait for Brede to let you up the ramp to the loading dock. Please don’t show up too early, I will be there at 5:45 to be ready to head in at 6:00pm

If you have just a few things and can make one trip, please find street parking or park in the garage and head to the exhibitor entrance to get your badge from Scott M. and come on in to help set up.

I was told today that Brede is able to bring our stuff in from the dock on their golf cart trucks.

If you have any questions please message me on FB or text me (303)870-8893

We have until 9:00 pm to get in and set up so please help anyone that needs it.

24. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey guys, been friggin' ages since I hit up the Jedi Council Forums here but my band "The Stubby Shillelaghs" are playing Saturday and Sunday from 2-3 at the Con and at the Hard Rock on Friday. And we'll be premiering a new original Star Wars song that I wrote.

PtrsonsZOO and DieWompRatDie like this.
  25. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    My annual leave for tomorrow just got squashed.....but I will get there as early as I can.

DieWompRatDie likes this.