main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con - June 15-17 2012

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I'll be discussing all of your guest requests with the rest of the Steering Comittee.

Any of the celebrity guests are of course subject to availability and booking fees.

I've gotten Burton's email address and will definitely ask about inviting her.

In the meantime, I just sent letters of interest to Jan Duursema and Dave Dorman, feel free to flood them with requests on facebook and twitter to say yes :)

2. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    BTW someone else on the Steering Comittee has already had a meeting with Wattographs specifically about bringing out Star Wars media guests.

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    How about my second fav comic, Tarot: Witch of the black rose, Jim Balent?

Pretty please w/ a cherry on top?

4. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I'll bring him up, he might be someone we can only offer a table to if he comes out at his own expense.

5. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I've been promoting this over at the SCF. If we have any superhero costumers, please feel free to stop by there, too!

6. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    A lot of stuff went on sale today:

Artist Alley tables, Exhibitor Booths, Tickets, Fan Tables, and Hotel Reservations

https://denvercomiccon.webconnex.com/2012artistalley
    https://denvercomiccon.webconnex.com/2012exhibitbooths
    https://denvercomiccon.webconnex.com/2012tickets
    https://denvercomiccon.webconnex.com/2012fantables

Hotel Reservations - $99 at the new gorgeous Hyatt across the street from the Convention Center!!!!

http://bit.ly/denvercomiccon

Use coupon code RMFF2011 for 20% off on tickets.

7. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

It doesn't look like there is a way to buy single day tickets on the web site.

8. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    That is correct, only weekend passes are available right now.

We may sell single day passes online closer to the event, or possibly only at the door, it's not 100% decided.

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Sweet, we have our own hotel code! I think it would be huge if you guys had single day passes. Sometimes that all the difference to people to show up. Also think of the profit from someone going for one day and wanting to go the next and bring friends.

10. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I'm not planning on buying a weekend pass, but just a single day, is why I ask.

11. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry, I see where I was confusing, we will definitely have single day passes, we just aren't selling them online at this time.

Did I mention $99 a night hotel rooms downtown across from the Convention Center!

12. JayWattographs

JayWattographs Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2008
    This is correct!

We have a big client list, so we're looking to see where the interest in various SW guests is at. More to come!

13. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Anyone who wants an invite to the next volunteer meeting, just let me know. The next one is in Boulder on Saturday, November 5th and there will be another one down south at a yet-to-be-determined time and place.

14. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Comic Book Classroom is a pretty awesome charity. I took a couple classes with Chris a while back when she was just starting CBC up. She's definitely a smart woman, with some really interesting ideas regarding the graphic novel. If any of you are big fans of comics, CBC might be a cool nonprofit to check out.

15. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry for not updating this for a while, here's a Mega Guest Update!

Movies/TV Guests
    Kristin Bauer (True Blood)
    Jasika Nicole (Fringe)
    Michael Uslan (Batman Movies)
    Mark Ryan (Transformers Movies)

Animation Guests
    Billy West (Futurama)
    Tom Kane (Clone Wars)
    Steven Seagle (Ben 10, Ultimate Spider-Man)
    Greg Weisman (Gargoyles, Young Justice)

Comic Book Guests
    Barry Kitson
    Jason Aaron
    James O'Barr
    Gail Simone
    Bob Layton
    Georges Jeanty
    Amy Reeder
    Rebekah Isaacs
    Mike Grell
    Mike Allred
    Peter Gross
    Michael Zulli
    Ed Stein
    Mike Keefe
    Sean Gordon Murphy
    Allen Bellman
    Mike Baron
    Katie Cook
    Ethan Nicolle
    Noah Van Sciver
    Zach Howard
    David Uslan
    Ron Fortier

Literary Guests
    Scott McCloud
    James Bucky Carter
    Robert Weiner
    Charles Hatfield

16. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Michael Zulli?! Peter Gross! Gail Simone! Amy Reeder! Mike Grell! James O'Barr! Scott McCloud!

:eek:

'Scuse me -- I have to go have a geekgasm.

17. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    That reaction makes me very very happy.

I also have on my desk right now the contract for a Star Wars guest, it still needs signing, but the deal is done.

Don't think A list actor or anything. But someone that I think you will be very excited about, it's a very special Star Wars guest that you normally wouldn't get to see outside of a Celebration.

Here's a hint, he would have come in very handy at that party about 9 years ago at Jeff and Kim's where Tim beat up everyone in the backyard.

No speculation, the board gets indexed by Google very well, and I don't want it on the Net until we can announce publicly.

But I can probably tell people tomorrow night.

18. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Is it a certain stunt coordinator? That would be awesome! I hear he put on a special training class at a recent con he went to.

19. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Very sad. As it looks more and more likely that I won't be able to come out for starfest, I started wondering what other events I could come out for this summer. I miss you guys! And for a few seconds, I thought, "Ah, Denver Comic Con! That would be a good time to go to Denver and see everyone!". And then I was reminded that it's Father's Day weekend, and that I should be here at home. Bah. Sad.

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Is the CBLDF having a presence?

21. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Not at this time, but we have been talking to them.

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'll cross my fingers that they come. I'm getting old enough that I wonder if the younger generations of fans understand the history of comics and what can still happen. (Censorship = big button of mine. I did my senior thesis in college on the censorship of comics.)

23. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

"I'm pleased to inform you that your proposal has been accepted for inclusion in the Rocky Mountain Conference on Comics and Graphic Novels at The Hyatt Regency Denver."

Got this yesterday. Sweet! Now I just have to find out exactly what that means.

Anybody want to attend a 15-20 minute presentation and discussion on The Walking Dead? :D

24. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004

I would! :) Is it going to be more focused on the comic or the TV show?

25. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I'm a big fan of both, but I think it will be more like 65% comic, but you gotta give love to the show since it's a whole different ballgame with the same characters. Working title: "What is community in the Walking Dead?"