main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2017 - RMFF panel(s)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Apr 16, 2013.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    So, DCC has posted the link to panel submissions and they're due by March 1st. I plan on doing pretty much the same panel as last time with some "professional-ing" it up as ladyblues suggested. We can go over how the panel went last time and brainstorm changes to make it even better.
    http://denvercomiccon.com/dcc/program/programming-panel-submission-form/

SITH__CHICK can you make this an agenda item for the January meeting? I'd like to put feelers out there and see who would be willing to help out again like last time in people herding, writing implement passing out, and pub trivia sheet grading. Hopefully we can have such great RMFF participation again this year!

I'd also like to start soliciting for the RMFF to donate prizes to this panel, too. They don't have to be too fancy. Perhaps I can ask for a bit o' RMFF money for prize acquisition?

2. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Im in (for DCC and Anaheim), I can donate some money as well!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This just in! The RMFF trivia/game show panel has been approved by Denver Comic Con again! Thanks to all who have volunteered to help with herding folks, picking up answer sheets and grading them during the panel. Your help will be essential in making this one of the best and most memorable panels at the con...he said with minimal ego...

If those interested can post again here that they'll be helping, that will help me plan it. We should be in a larger room this year, too, so plan on about 250 people instead of the 170 from last year. Yes!

FanForced and nnaydolem like this.
  4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I want to score answer sheets!

5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Do you know what time your panel will be? I will help if we are down there when it is

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

They say that they'll have a tentative schedule between May 15 and May 30... But I probably won't know the final day and time and location until a few days before, like last time.

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Just a reminder..we're in! I don't know yet when the panel will be, but I still need volunteers. Can those who have volunteered still commit to volunteering? If so, there should be a day pass in it for you. Please post here that you can volunteer to help with this trivia panel.

Since we'll be in a larger room (yay!) that can hold 252 people, I'll definitely be needing more help to make this happen. You guys are essential! I'll be contacting certain people to see if they're still in.

Thanks, everybody!

8. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    DieWompRatDie

I know catz44 and myself can help you out if it is on Sunday. We wont be getting down to Denver until about 5:30 on Saturday evening. So let us know.

9. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll be doing the 501st panel, and I don't want to miss Adam West, but if it doesn't conflict with anything I'll be glad to grade papers, or whatever you guys want me to do. I'm in the same boat as I have no idea when my panel is either. Makes it kinda hard to make plans, but I'll do my best.

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Nnay, Sarah and I, with a few other people, will be doing the Supernatural panel we did at SF last year at DCC. We might be able to use another warm body to help out if we can't get someone to fill in Alison's part and another person who can't make it. If you're interested, I'd say contact nnaydolem. :D

nnaydolem likes this.
  11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    especially if you would like to do an exorcism chant in Latin. :)

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    and i asked on monday if there was some semblance of a schedule....the answer was no.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I have no doubt that I won't hear when the two panels I'm participating in will be scheduled until the week before the con...I get the feeling that there are lots of moving parts and notifying us is lower on the priority scale.

As soon as I know when this trivia panel is, I will instantly announce it here and on Faceborg. Also, to reiterate a post from a while back, I plan on having prizes at the panel that will be purchased from a store and will be asking the treasury...ahem Nerfherders...to reimburse us for it. I'll have a budget for it soon, but couldn't imagine it being more than like $75.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    On Sunday, ladyblues and I hashed out the slightly modified structure for the panel and how many prizes we'll need and how many questions need to be generated. We will also need to come up with a few additional team names. Mucho gracias to her and her husband thebreadnappa and FanForced for their help in picking out supplemental prizes for the panel.

Tease: We'll ned 6 "golden tickets" that will go under random chairs...

Still no word on when the panel will be. They tentatively said that we panelists will know between May 15 and 30th. So here's hoping.

nnaydolem likes this.
  15. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Latest word is that you'll be lucky to see a schedule next week. But please keep in mind, schedules for major cons like this tend be very fluid, so I will suggest you all download the Guidebook app and check for updates frequently.

nnaydolem likes this.
  16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

That doesn't help lil' ol' me who's scheduled to be on two separate panels and trying to coordinate 5 or more volunteers...in addition to volunteering at the SW experience area. Oy!

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    welllll yah i am in the same boat, minus one panel...so it is what it is. :p

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I haven't ever presented for other conventions. I'm just curious, does anybody know when other conventions tell their panelists (and the general public) the programming schedule?

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    welllll...for Starfest i knew it would be saturday, so that wasn't an issue. i would just say as soon as the schedule comes out, i will post it and let folks know. I mean it is really all you can do at this point. :\

20. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Im still mad about the bingo cards

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Word on panel schedules! Thankfully they don't conflict! Here's the information on the Star Wars Expanded Universe Panel on Saturday and the RMFF game show trivia panel on Friday:

Star Wars: Exploring the Expanded Universe
    Saturday, 11:45 a.m.-12:35 p.m. — Room 103
    (Joint program with Rocky Mountain Fan Force)
    The Star Wars Universe is vast, consisting not only of the famous movies, but also countless books, comics, video games and television shows. Now, with the recent acquisition by Disney and the announcement of new films, the Star Wars Universe has arguably never been in a more dynamic state of flux. Join lifelong Star Wars fans from Denver Public Library and Jonathan Thornton of Rocky Mountain Fan Force as we delve into the Expanded Universe in all of its myriad forms. We'll share reading and viewing suggestions and ruminate on things to come.

Star Wars Trivia and Game Show
    Friday, June 13th, 2014 - 6:45 PM - Room 110/112
    Come on down and see if the force is with you! Test your knowledge of the galaxy far, far away and play Star Wars trivia at this three round, trivia/game show panel. The first round will be in teams of +/-3 people and be pub (cantina)-style trivia with fill-in-the-blank and multiple choice questions. Second round (bounty hunter lineup) is a Jeopardy-style round with contestants chosen at random to compete at the front of the room answering questions. The third and final round (force lightning round), will be for the final, individual winners to compete one-on-one answering rapid fire questions. Prizes for all winners! Hosted by the Rocky Mountain Fan Force.

Hopefully all who can will be able to volunteer during the Friday night game show trivia panel. I'll need more volunteers than those who have already signed up (Dark Crafty, he-guy, FanForced, corran_r9, ladyblues and maybe ShortForceLover or catz44 or BFett88) to make it the best panel DCC has ever seen!

darth_hair, did you want to post up info on your panel here, too?

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff's panel is at 12:15 on Friday.

23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Ohhh bad timing... Dinner with a Fett is at 7pm Friday.

24. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Fett dinner is at 8

25. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Even at 8:00pm it's still bad timing. With the panel from 6:45 to 7:45 (or there abouts) that only gives us 15 minutes to change and get to the dinner. Sorry, as much as I want to help with the trivia panel I'll have to bow out.

Star Wars panels (so far):
    Jeff - Prop building - Friday 12:15pm
    RMFF - Trivia - Friday 6:45pm
    Jonothan and DPL - Exploring EU - Sat 11:45am
    501st - Dressing 501st - Sat 4:00pm

501st photoshoot - Sat 9:00am
    Droid Builders photoshoot - Sun 9:00am