main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2017 - RMFF panel(s)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Apr 16, 2013.

1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Honestly it is cutting it close but getting to the Cheescake Factory from the con should only take about 15 min.

Katsu_MaRoy, catz44 and corran_r9 like this.
  2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

And if I get there a few minutes late, I think we'll survive. Save me a seat next a Fett!

3. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    Sure I can help on Friday if you still need it DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Sorry thought it was at 7... 8 makes it easier!

5. one of us

one of us Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2014
    Do you still need help on friday for the trivia, I am at the 501st Table till 6 after that my evening is open

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

That would be great! Friend me on FB and I'll add you to the volunteer/planning group for the panel. Thanks one of us.

7. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    I wanted to share this idea, in case anyone else needs a cheap give-away at Comic Con:

For the Trivia Game Show, we will be giving away a few "golden ticket" entries to the Omaz/Unicef "You could be in Star Wars: Episode VII" contest. A few random winners at one point in the game show will receive these as part of their prize package. :)

The fine print for the contest says free entries can be sent via postcard to "Sponsor at PO Box 3190, 1217 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, California 90408 by applicable mail date," which is postmarked by July 18. So I'm going to buy or make some postcards, pre-address and stamp them, include the "Must be 18 or over to enter" phrase and simple insturctions for filling out all required information like name and address.

If anyone sees holes in this, let me know! But I think it's a pretty fun way to come up with some inexpensive giveaways. Also, if anyone needs a few, I'm putting them together today and tomorrow and can do a few extra for you!!

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Double post...

Here is the lowdown on all RMFF-related panels that I posted on Meetup.com:
    Come to the biggest and best convention Denver has to offer! The RMFF will be participating with all of the Colorado-based Star Wars groups to bring you the Star Wars Experience, with props, shoot-a-trooper, green screen photos, Death Star Prize Wheel, and much more! Happening Friday through Sunday.
    The RMFF will also be hosting four different panels/events. Here is information on them:

PROP MAKING FOR COSPLAY: ALL ABOUT SILICONE AND RESIN
    We’ll be covering different mold materials, mold types, casting materials, fabrication, and techniques for getting good results.
    Friday 12:15 PM - Room 401/402

STAR WARS TRIVIA AND GAME SHOW Come on down and see if the force is with you! Test your knowledge of the galaxy far, far away and play Star Wars trivia at this three round, trivia/game show panel. Prizes for all winners!
    Friday 6:45 PM - Room 110/112

STAR WARS – EXPLORING THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE
    The Star Wars Universe is vast with countless books, comics, video games and television shows. Join lifelong Star Wars fans from Denver Public Library and Jonathan Thornton of Rocky Mountain Fan Force for this big discussion.
    Saturday 11:45 AM - Room 103/105

7TH ANNUAL R2-KT AUCTION TO BENEFIT MAKE-A-WISH COLORADO
    Inspired by the life of Katie, and the work being done in her name, the Star Wars fans in the Rockies started an auction to raise funds and awareness for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Colorado. All of our items are donated, making it possible for
    100% of the money raised going directly to Make-A-Wish Colorado.
    Saturday 6:45 PM - Room 110/112

9. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    Sorry if I am double posting, but if anyone is willing to give their Friday pass (if they already have a 3 day) to my daughter to get in, she is wanting and willing to help with the Trivia on Friday night with me! She is 25, so not a youngling! :)

Dark Crafty likes this.
  10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Guess what? Big surprise, but I'm submitting the Trivia/Game Show panel again this year. Who wants to volunteer again this year?
    I suspect they'll provide one-day passes again to those volunteering to help me out. According to their submission form, there is space for 5 other "panelists"/helpers who will probably get those passes.

If you're interested in helping, please confirm that you can make it to the con on Memorial Day weekend 2015 and that you can commit to whenever the panel will be, which I won't know until a couple of weeks beforehand.

Great times are had by all and it's tons of fun! Just ask all the awesome volunteers from last year!

SITH__CHICK and he-guy, can y'all put this on the agenda for December?

11. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Awesome, brother! I appreciate it.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    You bet, I'll think we'll just need a movement to allow a committee members to spend a set amount of money to be reimbursed by the group treasury. :)

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I'm not sure I want to see or hear @darth_hair's movements. I hear they're pretty fierce and you gotta light a candle.

16. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Sean Austin is a cool guest......hoping for more walking dead.....

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

Our RMFF trivia game show panel was approved! No day or time yet, but let the planning begin!

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Woot! Be prepared to not know the real day and time until the week of the con! ;)

nnaydolem and ladyblues like this.
  19. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i know it's not an 'official' RMFF panel, but we are putting in for another supernatural panel...since we had so many lined up last year...i hope to get a MUCH bigger room!

ladyblues and QueenHighMistress like this.
  20. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Maybe I behind on the information.......but did everyone know DCC is on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday this year and not Friday?
    I just booked our hotel room and was totally confused.

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    They did announce those days from the beginning, but most people assume a Friday - Sunday con unless the days are written out.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I did the same ;). And you know what they say about assuming..... ;)

23. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    I was actually just going through my reservations for Celebration and DCC and noticed DCC said Sat-Mon.. Just changed my Hyatt reservation from Fri/sat/sun to Sat/Sun/Mon... Its a good thing I randomly caught that!

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The RMFF trivia panel has a day and time! We will be trivia-ing it up in room 607 Saturday night at 7:10 pm. Thanks to my volunteers and I hope to see everybody there as a volunteer (we can always use more) or as a participant. I will try not to play favorites...

25. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I will see how the day goes. I guess my question would be, can we leave and come back later? I will need to take my son home when he has had enough for the day, but if you need more I can certainly come back if I can.:)