main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con 2017 - RMFF panel(s)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Apr 16, 2013.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yes, if you have a badge for the day (or weekend), you can definitely get back into the con.

AuttyBot likes this.
  2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    For those interested...Our Supernatural panel is: Supernatural: A Decade in The Family Business — Saturday @4:50 PM Room 603

I have a couple Doctor Who panels I am doing as well...busy weekend!!!!! :D

he-guy likes this.
  3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Darth Hair's panel just got moved to Sunday May 24th, 11:45 rooms 301/302 they hold about 400 people, so let's fill it up! There will be gift bags for the first 300 and door prizes like silicone, resin, tee shirts and CA glue. Lots of information on thermo-forming plastics of all kinds for your next costume.

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Meant to post this over here:

And another RMFF-ish panel (definitely a great Star Wars panel) has it's day and time.

Star Wars: The New Canon
    There's a wind to shake the stars blowing through the Star Wars universe - it's the wind of change. Join Jonathan Thornton from Rocky Mountain Fan Force and Star Wars fanatics from the Denver Public Library as we discuss the new Star Wars canon: the Star Wars Rebels animated series, the four novels (with additional books scheduled to be published) as well as the new Marvel comics titles. If you can't wait until December for your next Star Wars fix, join us as we explore all the ways to be a Star Wars fan in 2015.

Saturday, May 30, 3:15 PM - Room 601

I'm signed up to be at the RMFF table from 4 to 6 and have the trivia panel at 7:10 PM that night. Would anyone on Sunday or Monday be willing to switch with Linda and I so my Saturday isn't so crazy?

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Saturday May 23rd right?

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, I hate to break it to you, but you're gonna be doing that panel alone if you show up on May 30th. ;)

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Doh! How about May 23rd, then. Deal?

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OOOH i just saw that Gwendoline Christie is going to be there...she is in the upcoming Force Awakens..i really want to catch her panel!!

9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I understand that she has stepped up since Christopher Lloyd had to step out and will not be at DCC.

10. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Jeff & Kim, I'll be there for the panel to help, if you need :)

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  11. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    JT, put me down to help too.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well sad he won't be there...but GOOD she will be.

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Submissions for programming at DCC have opened up. I'm planning on doing the Game Show Trivia panel again.

Last year it was a blast and the help was invaluable! Who is interested in helping out again?

AuttyBot likes this.
  14. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Me!

15. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    ... “That's one.”

“Uh, General, count me in.” - Me

16. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I may be interested in helping or covering shifts like last year :p

17. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Unfortunately, I'll be missing DCC for the first time since I'll be in Indianapolis for Droid Con (R2 Builders con) the same weekend.

18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Beep boop beep [:(]

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

JawaJaka, even though you won't be there, I assume other Droid Builders will be?

20. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Do I need to even raise my hand anymore?! Of course I'm in. For at least the next 10-12 years...!

AuttyBot, DieWompRatDie and he-guy like this.
  21. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    Hey gang! Just wanted to remind everyone that March 1st is the last day to submit panels for DCC 2016. If you have an idea, and haven't submitted it yet, go forth and conquer! If you need a hand, let me know and I'll help you out.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Thanks for being the RMFF's point of contact with darth_hair with DCC!

AuttyBot likes this.
  23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The RMFF Trivia Game Show panel has been officially approved!

I have as my official helpers: FanForced, ladyblues, Dark Crafty, AuttyBot, and he-guy. I believe zeraduel has committed to helping, too.
    I will need additional people to help facilitate grading, handing out prizes, pumping up people in line before the panel, and other general panel nonsense. If you can help, please chime in and we'd love to have you!

If you've been to the panel, you know it's a good time. This year I'd like to take it to the next level! Any suggestions you'd like to see to the panel?

Here's the description:
    The first round will include everybody in the audience, who will be in teams of about 3 people and be pub (cantina)-style trivia with fill-in-the-blank and multiple choice questions. The second round (bounty hunter lineup) is a Jeopardy-style round with contestants chosen at random to compete at the front of the room answering questions. The third and final round (force lightning round), will be for individual winners to compete one-on-one answering rapid fire questions.
    Prizes for all winners! Hosted by the Rocky Mountain Fan Force.

QueenHighMistress and AuttyBot like this.
  24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    And we now have a time slot for the RMFF Trivia Game Show (TM, (C), patent-pending) panel.

We will be in room 403/404 on Friday, June 17 from 6:30 PM to 7:20 PM. The room seats 300 people, but we're full to capacity with many sad people outside who weren't able to get in.

See y'all there!

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    And we have a time slot for another Star Wars panel: 7 Most Intriguing Aspects of The Force Awakens

This will be in room 605 on Saturday, June 18 from 6:00 to 6:50 PM.

Description: Join the Denver Public Library and moderator Jonathan Thornton from the Rocky Mountain Fan Force as we dive deep into seven intriguing or perplexing aspects of the newest installment of the Star Wars franchise, The Force Awakens. Think about the scenes that engaged you and, to Han Solo’s chagrin, we will have time to discuss in committee!

I believe this panel conflicts with the R2-KT auction, but we are checking on that.