main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade Information - March 13th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by ZOOfo-Dyas, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    We're still waiting for our parade packet with all the specifics, but here's a rundown of the basic parade information:

Denver St Patrick?s Day Parade Participant Information

The Denver St. Patrick?s Day Parade will take place on March 13, 2010. Step off time is 10.00 am.

Route Description
    The parade route starts at 27th & Blake, exiting Coors Field Parking Lot B; turns right on Blake St and travels along Blake to 17th St; turns right on 17th, travels down 17th to Wynkoop Street, turns right on Wynkoop, and continues on Wynkoop to 19th Street. At Denver Chop House Restaurant, units will turn left and follow the road behind the Denver Chop House, returning to Coors Field parking lots. To view route click here.

Parade Staging/Lineup
    The floats and units in the parade are lined up in Coors Field Lots B & C. Entry to the staging/lineup is at 33rd and Blake. This gate will open at 8.00 am. Parade Participants (marchers or riders on floats) can park in Coors Field Lot A. Entry to Coors Field Lot A is at Park Ave and Wazee St. This gate will open at 8.00 am. Participants should proceed east across the Broadway bridge to enter the staging/lineup area in Lots B & C.

Street Closures at 9.00 am
    Blake St from 27th to 17th.
    17th St from Blake to Wynkoop
    Wynkoop from 17th St to 19th St.

The intersections of Broadway and Blake, Park Ave West and Blake and 22nd St. and Blake will be open, expect delays after 9.30 am as the parade moves down Blake St.

Intersections crossing Blake St from 27th to 17th St. will be closed with the exceptions noted above.
    Intersections crossing 17th St. from Blake to Wynkoop will be closed.
    Intersections crossing Wynkoop from 17th St to 19th St. will be closed.

Blake, 17th St, and Wynkoop will reopen after the parade at approximately 2.30 pm.

STAGING GUIDELINES
    1.) Just because the step off time is 10AM, does not mean this is the time you have to be there. Once we receive our marching orders, the DEADLINE FOR ASSEMBLY will be posted. That means all bodies must be IN PLACE by this time. Yes, this means you stand around for a while, but DPD needs to assess the situation for traffic control by having the FULL ENTRY visible for their inspection.

2.) An assembly and dis-assembly crew will be required to get the floats set up and taken down. This requires people to be there early &/or stick around after the marching to secure the floats properly.

3.) There will be bottled water in a cooler on the X-Wing Float for the Staging Area and there are Port-A-Potties as well, but once we step off, that's it. Please plan accordingly.

4.) Try to keep together with the group in the staging area and not spreading out too much. This will help the parade organizers keep everyone straight and again, will help the DPD plan for traffic control based on the sizes of the groups.

BASIC PARADE GUIDELINES
    1.) FOOTWEAR IS CRUCIAL!!! Moleskin in the high friction areas, Please be Gellin' like a Felon, and don't use a parade to *break in* any shoes.

2.) Always be aware of who and what is around you to prevent bumping &/or skewering. We almost lost a camera guy last year because he failed to follow this common sense rule.

3.) Be sure to stick together. The parade folks will poke us with sticks if we are lolly-gagging too much.

4.) Pay attention to the weather and plan accordingly. March in Colorado is like pulling on a faulty slot machine; you never know what's gonna roll up on you. It could snow, it could rain, it could be 80 degrees. Regardless, it will be cooler in the staging area than it will be once we step off.

5.) SUNSCREEN!!!! No matter what the weather is, we are in the Mile-Hi City and you will burn, even if it's overcast.

6.) HAVE FUN! That's what this is all about, after all. Play it up to the crowd and enjoy the cheers and jeers no matter what. There will be drunks hollering in from the crowd, but there will also be thousands of chil

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I assume some of us will meet at WOTR to load up and drive the X-Wing and float to the staging area. What time should those folks be at the museum? Can anybody go to the museum first?

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    We won't know the exact times until we get our parade packet and receive our staging berth

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Thanks for putting up this info in advance.

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

S_C said that we will be a "featured float." What does that mean exactly? Is that just parade placement or do we get golden steins of green beer?

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Placement for making it onto the broadcast

7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm going to buy some beads to hand out they were a big hit with the parade goers last year. ;) First I have to see if they will get here in time.....

8. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I have a few beads left from last year that I plan on brining.

9. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Beads ordered! 432 to be exact ;)

10. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I was thinking maybe we could attach something RMFF to the beads. Like a mini flyer attached with zip ties or something............thoughts?

11. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Sporting a pair of rocket dogs...they are comfy!

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

nnaydolem has recommended a post-parade hang out to chill at once our parading is done.

It's called the Irish Snug and can be found here: http://www.irishsnug.com/mainpages/hooley2010.htm. They are located at 1201 East Colfax Ave., 12 blocks East of Broadway and the Colorado State Capitol.

Not too close to the insanity that is the parade route, but close enough to get to afterwards.

Thoughts?

13. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Considering I live a couple blocks away....I like it!:D

14. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    This marks another year I won't be able to attend. Have fun y'all!

15. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    That's right next door to where Babylon Floral used to be. I can vouch for their cobb salad, fried mac & cheese, and especially their waffle-fries nachos. Mmmmm....

16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

As you may have seen from the design plans or the photos posted of float construction, there will be a turret. Alas, non-working, but perhaps it's for the best that we won't having firing capability at the parade-goers. However, there will be a trap door that will flip open and somebody can stand in the turret and have their head poking up out of the top! Insert Wookie growl here.

We plan to non-raffle off the spot on the float for the people who will have the honor of being in the turret during the parade. Perhaps two people who can switch off part way through? It will actually fit about 4 very friendly people, but I think we'll pass on that.

My thought was to bring the non-raffle/drawing tickets and money jar to the parade, sell tickets and then pick two winners that morning. It's open to all RMFF members.

What do y'all think?

17. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    That sounds awesome! Do the winners need to be in a costume and not a t-shirt?

18. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    ...or a matching costume for that matter? (i.e. endor soldier sticking out of a Hoth Turret.)

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Personally, I think that the people sticking out of the turret should be in Hoth costume.

BTW, I might have an extra costume for someone to wear, if they want. I have been asked by some on the 501st to do photojournalist duties, taking pics of all of us in the parade. But I'm also trying to get my snow clone done. If anyone could wear it, then I would definitely take pics of the parade for everyone.

If anyone wants to wear it, please LMK.

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I think no one but those of us in the parade would know the difference or care, for that matter. :-B

21. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

I would agree...perhaps an rmff tshirt would be appropriate, though...if the winner of the raffle didnt have a costume already on, of course.

Buns and guns aint cannon either, but the only people who will know that the hangar chicks didnt pack heat are us nerdy types. I am still gonna have one. :p

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd be willing to make the sacrifice and wear it. ;)

I would be happy to wear one of your excellent costumes, Obey. I'll be at the WOTR hanger this Saturday and Sunday, if you want to swing by with it I can check it out and we can see what you think.

Thanks!

23. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I posted this somewhere else, but I think it got lost in the chaos so I just wanna double check before I start construction. Jedi Gold was thinking of bringing her waggon with her little munchkin seated inside. (it has safety belts and everything) We were thinking of taking cardboard and constructing a snowspeeder-like outer shell for it. I think the top will be open 'cause I can't think of any other way for the little one to see. Does this fit along the same lines as strollers and is it all right to add this to our little group? I can post pics of it if need be.

About the raffle, I think that is a great idea! I'll probably bring my white Padme' 'cause it's less hassle than trying to find a snowsuit.

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Zoo, does this fit within the guidelines of our parade entry? You're the expert.

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    It most certainly does fit... Just so long as they stay in the wagon the whole time (no hopping in and out) and whoever's pulling it keeps in line with the group.