main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade, Sat. March 17th, 10AM... Check the Update!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 31, 2012.

1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Congratulations! You are registered for the 2012 Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade, celebrating it's 50th Anniversary!

We are 100% go for launch, we should have awesome placement, and we will most definitely have one of the finest entries ever seen in the 50 year history of this AMAZING event.

For those who don't know, this is a tradition for the RMFF since 2003, when a few of us went down in costume to "heckle" the meager Mountain Garrison entry. Lionel, then CO of the Garrison just waved us in, and we've been going stronger ever since.

The parade takes place in Lower Downtown Denver, starting at the Coors Field parking lot, straight down Blake Street, past Coors Field, wrapping through LoDo to pass in front of Union Station and then back to the parking lots at Coors Field. The parade itself is about 1 mile in length, but with lines and getting back to your car, maybe a mile & a half.

Parking is provided, but limited, so carpooling is best.

For our entry this year, we are making a real statement by involving the entire community. This is the list of participating groups:

Rocky Mountain FanForce
    Rebel Legion - Mountain Base
    501st Legion - Mountain Garrison
    Mandalorian Mercs
    Kilted Trooper Brigade
    Bounty Hunters
    ...and last, but not least, 16 vehicles from the Colorado Movie Cars.

We have the float, featuring Jabba's Skiff and a cast of RotJ characters, we have marchers of all ilks, and we have kick ass vehicles to help promote our "Universe of Imagination" and the One Mission we all strive for; to bring smiles & inspiration to children of all ages, and raise money/awareness for the charities we represent.

A few rules:

• NO THROWING OBJECTS TO THE CROWD - Things may be handed to people from the sidelines, but nothing should ever catch air.

• Children 5 and under cannot walk the parade, but strollers count as riding.

• There is no "on & off" for the float. If you start walking, you have to finish walking (and vice versa for the float).

• All vehicles must have proof of insurance.

• All liability is the responsibility of the participants, not the parade committee.

• Porta-Potties are available at the staging area, but after that you're stuck until the end of the parade.

• Kids are welcome, with adult supervision.

• You will be required to show up at the prescribed time for the staging area, without exception. The parade officials need to know the size & scope of every entry to assist with traffic control, and they can't do that if everyone isn't there. I know the wait can be long for our position in the parade, but it's imperative to abide by this rule for a more efficient experience for everyone.

• NO VEHICLES CAN BE ADDED AT THE LAST MINUTE - Our entry fee is based on the vehicle count, and there cannot be any additional vehicles because of this.

We will be given our numbers and placement sometime in March. It will not come early, and it will be posted the moment it is received.

I'm sure there will be more questions, and I will post all the information available in this thread.

Thank you, and welcome to the 50th year of Awesome!

The parade entry for the Rocky Mountain FanForce, the Mountain Garrison, Mountain Base, the Colorado Movie Cars, the Mandalorian Mercs, the Bounty Hunters, Aliens and whatever other group we have in CO. LOL

Division 2
    Entry #2-29
    "Street" Assignment - Dublin
    ... Staging Time: 10AM

WARNING!!!! THERE IS NO FREE PARKING THIS YEAR DUE TO CONSTRUCTION!!!

The only vehicles allowed in the staging area will be the ones *IN* the parade. This also means NO drop offs in the staging area. Public transit is going to be your single best option. Please plan your arrival accordingly.

We will be using the backlot at Wings Over the Rockies for our pre-staging area. This would be a good place to carpool from for anyone wanting to try to look for parking in LoDo. And I will talk to Darth Hair to see if we can haul any bodies in the "open air" for the trip to the Coors Field staging area.

10AM is our staging ti

2. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= [face_dancing]

....and I have a cool new ST. Pattys Hat for the Mando rig!

Great job Zoo....thanks for taking the lead!

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Fantastic!!!! I can't wait!!!

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Has it been decided if the float is going to be for themed costume people only or for anyone? I need to know sooner then later so I can figure out logistics with the kiddos.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    WOOT!

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    It was decided at the WOTR veiwing meeting themed costumed riders only on the float. There still is the back of the pick up truck and inside as well as a few cars if we have some gimps that need a ride, might be able to ask nicely.

The only exception to a 'rider' on the float would be Beth's mother, every year they come out & they work on it and it was the original reason why we always wanted a float.

Things could change once the float is built and what not, but for right now it has been voted on once if not twice, you have to have a specific costume to be on the float.

8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Ok, thanks for the info. Just not sure how we will do it with the kiddos. We will probably have to skip it this year.

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Catz -- Wagons? Strollers?

10. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah....
    Abigail is too big for a stroller and Mackenzie is too little for a wagon thus the issue...

11. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I see the back of the truck in your future.

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Make an AT-AT wagon and pull them both in it. :)

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    One of each? Or does Mackenzie have a baby carrier that would fit with Abigail in a wagon?

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll be scouring the website gallery & my archive for parade photos from previous years, but there's a couple years I wasn't able to go, so please forward me any pix you might have from the parade. They are doing a memory book of the parade for the 50th anniversary and I want to get some SW pix into it.

Thanks![face_good_luck]

15. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I have lots from last year Zoo, can I put them on a disc for you? Files are pretty big.

16. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I think pulling a wagon with the carrier in it just isnt safe, if it was to tip or anything.....

I'll have to do some more thinking.....unfortuatley I think we might have to sit this year out. :( Sadness....

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Tie downs? I hope you can figure out a way to make it.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Everything I have is on my FB. Feel free.

19. ibentmywookie81

ibentmywookie81 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2010
    Finally got our new Leadership in the Mercs!!! I've got a several people working hard at becoming Official Members of the Mandolorian Mercs before the parade so we can get some more costumed people out there! I've also got a lot of people interested in participating as "handlers". I'll keep you guys updated as I get more solid numbers!

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    If they're on your Shutterfly site, I can get them from there. :)

Handlers are always appreciated! Only thing we ask is that everyone wears SW shirts to make sure they are identifiable. I think Brack was also doing another run of the Empire Strikes Bagpipes shirts he designed a couple years ago. I'll check with him on that.

21. ibentmywookie81

ibentmywookie81 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2010
  22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the crowd noise, would that be ok for a 6 month old? I think it would be cute if Fett was pushing a stroller and then you can push a stroller w/ the wee one. Just a thought, you're not out numbered yet, 2 parents, 2 kids :D

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay...so life finally settled down the middle of January job wise. I now have time to go this stuff and think about it.

Pardon the content of my question, but how do I register for the parade? :confused:

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You don't... You volunteer in this thread and you follow the details which will be added to the first post as they become available.

Also, I spoke to the parade committee lady today, and things are looking awesome for this year!

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Got it. My fiancée and I are working as hard as we can to get our Jedi Knight customs finished in time for the parade.