main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade, Sat. March 17th, 10AM... Check the Update!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by PtrsonsZOO, Jan 31, 2012.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What time do we need to be there?

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Full info should be posted tonight. (Zoo can't get to the boards at work.)

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    So far, we have 20 coming in costume from the 501st. We have a couople of other troops taht day, which are stealing resources.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001

The parade entry for the Rocky Mountain FanForce, the Mountain Garrison, Mountain Base, the Colorado Movie Cars, the Mandalorian Mercs, the Bounty Hunters, Aliens and whatever other group we have in CO. LOL

Division 2
    Entry #2-29
    "Street" Assignment - Dublin
    ... Staging Time: 10AM

WARNING!!!! THERE IS NO FREE PARKING THIS YEAR DUE TO CONSTRUCTION!!!

The only vehicles allowed in the staging area will be the ones *IN* the parade. This also means NO drop offs in the staging area. Public transit is going to be your single best option. Please plan your arrival accordingly.

We will be using the backlot at Wings Over the Rockies for our pre-staging area. This would be a good place to carpool from for anyone wanting to try to look for parking in LoDo. And I will talk to Darth Hair to see if we can haul any bodies in the "open air" for the trip to the Coors Field staging area.

10AM is our staging time, and we need to make sure we have our numbers in place no later than 10:30AM. The line-up committee and the DPD use this staging time to coordinate the traffic, so we must be in place to show them the size of our entry. Yes, this will mean a lot of standing around, but it's a necessary evil to make things go more smoothly for the entire parade.

The disband area will be in Lot A, and because of bridge closures, there is only one way out of that lot. Also, we will NOT be able to return to Lots B&C, so nothing can be left behind when we step off for the parade.

Please check the Parade website up until the day of the parade for any special announcements, and to see the maps of the parade routes and staging area.

http://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.com/parade-info

Any further questions should be directed at either myself, or your group's leader.

Thank you, and let's all have a FANTASTIC TIME AT THE GOLDEN JUBILEE!!

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    And your walking wounded person should be fine... I have a Jedi Robe which will cover completely, just have to make sure they can stand for the parade, since I believe our honored guest has the only available "seat."

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    And in case you hadn't heard... The KJA and Rebecca Moesta are coming along as our honored guests this year!

7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm confused.....so we can't park in Lot A like before?

If so, where do we park?

8. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Catz, at the link are more details, but no, there is no parking in Lot A this year. We're kind of on our own for parking, but considering how many people are there to watch, too, taking the Light Rail to Welton may be the best option for most.

***As Zoo said below, Union Station is probably not good as there is construction between there and the entrance to the staging area.

9. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    If by most you mean those living south of Denver, then yes. :p

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Do the same thing you do for the walks... Drive to the Broadway or Alameda Light Rail Station Park & Rides, and take the train to 27th & Welton St Station.

Otherwise, you can go down there early and try to find a place to park East of Blake Street.

And for the record, this isn't "convenient" for anyone, but there are 3 major construction projects, bridge closures and a limited amount of space. These are the facts and I've been warning everyone for a couple months that it was going to be a little difficult this year because of the construction.

*This from the person who has to drive from South Denver to Thornton, to Lowry, to Lodo, to Lowry, to Thornton and back to South Denver again. Your arguments are invalid. :D

**Because I don't think the construction is passable at Union, and it's a shorter walk from Welton.

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    My understanding is that she can't walk the parade --she will need a seat somewhere. I.e. one of the vehicles. I'm going to see if I can get the party in direct contact with you, so there aren't any miscommunications.

Also, Tony Rich is talking about walking the parade as Vader. It's less painful than standing for the duration, for him.

12. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    One thing we learned from walking Vader last year: Put him at the front of unit. Kids kept coming out to get pictures with Vader last year and he got way far behind.

13. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    They'll run up to him if he's up front, too, and hold up the parade. Maybe Vader needs some guards to keep the kids from running up to him.

14. JediPrincess92

JediPrincess92 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2008
    I'll definitly be in attendance! More then likely as my Twi'lek Bounty hunter

Ashley M. Kalfas
    -Sith Princess Revan ( TDE 076) of The Dark Empire sith costuming group

15. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Since it's gonna be nice weather on Sat. I'll bring out my Ewok Celebration Leia for this, as long as no one minds me wearing my purple crocs for shoes. ;) In case she doesn't get in contanct with anyone from here, Jedi Gold would also like to join us. Now to figure out transportation.

16. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Yep, the Rancor Keeper is definitely going to be unleashed on Saturday!

Who wants to help with the sunscreen?

17. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    I believe JT is a certified lubricant applicator....or "CLA" as they are known in certain circles. [face_sick]

18. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Rumor has it there will be several cameras at the ready.

19. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    [face_sick] [face_sick]

I'd definitely be green for the parade.

Any loose hairs that come off nerf go onto Lego's toothbrush.

20. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Well I can't stand for long and walking down the hallway does me in so I am out=( Have a blast, and I want all the stories!!!!

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    In addition to my stupid leg injury, I'm now having a fibro flare, so I'm definitely out. I want to hear all about it, too! Have fun![face_good_luck]

22. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
    If I could I would like to add a Jedi(Jason), an (Endor poncho) Princes Leai (Sandy),a Han Solo (Cory) and an imperial mouse droid handler without the mouse droid(Dean),plus I have a friend that wants to join in, but only has a Star Wars T-shirt and a St. Paddys day hat?Is That cool?

23. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Sounds like a party! That's cool. See all your posse there.

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    With all the aliens and visually impaired people marching, having some folks in "just SW t-shirts" is totally necessary, so, please bring 'em along!

3 things necessary to make tomorrow a total sucess...

Water
    Sunscreen
    And a shamrock shining attitude!

25. JediPrincess92

JediPrincess92 Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2008
    Just to let you all know I cought a bad cold and wont be able to make it tomorrow