main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Depa Billaba

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Rcatz21, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rcatz21

Rcatz21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2005
    Right now im reading the "Shatterpoint" novel and i like it alot cuz it really expands on Mace's fighting and force techinques(which btw are not that far fetched) but also cuz of his former padawan Depa Billaba. I was wondering if she is in the movie and if so what scene?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Nope, she was in The Phantom Menace.

3. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    She is technically in AotC (though she wasn't filmed for AotC, I believe). In an opening shot for the scene where Obi-Wan and Anakin stand before the Jedi Council when the Council tells Obi-Wan to look into the assassin who killed Zam Wesell and Anakin to serve as guardian to Amidala, one can see the back of Depa's head. It's my understanding that that shot is composed of newly filmed stuff (Anakin and Obi-Wan standing there, for example) and an old shot from TPM of the Jedi Council members. But there's definitely more to see of her in TPM as there's a shot of her and Eeth Koth turning to look at each other in surprise over some announced news.

4. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    And you can see her at the end celebration, standing with some of the other Jedi.

5. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I heard something "unnatural" happened to Depa. [face_thinking] or is that EU?

6. Rcatz21

Rcatz21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2005
    WEll im reading "Shatterpoint" right now that involves something bad happening to her on Mace Windu's home planet. He goes to find her and find out what happened. Im on page 90 outta 400 right now so i havent gotten to the core of the story yet so i dunno but this novel is a clone wars novel so it is considered cannon. BTW i looked for the actress who played Depa and she is not in ep3 so maybe something really bad happens to her in this novel....

7. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    she gets like possesed by the dark side I believe. and what is Mace's homeworld?

8. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Haruun Kal is Mace Windu's homeworld.

9. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

she is there on geonosis, just not on the ground battle, and we don't see her on the council(i don't know why that is)

10. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    All we see of Depa Billaba is the top of the back of her head, but that is her. I guess that's why she's LAST on the Cast list. She did not go to Geonosis, but rather stayed to keep the Younglings. I wonder how weird that would feel to be like the only adult Jedi in the Temple? Scary, especially being alone in a place so big.

11. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I would have loved to see her wield a lightsaber. She could very well revil Master Yoda as a swordswoman.

12. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Yea right. Depa rival Yoda? lol

13. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Hmm, I don't say she's that much out of league to Yoda. She holds the rare art of Vaapad, which can literally take down the best of the best, if you use it right. As for Depa's fate, just keep reading and I don't think you'll be surprised about why PROBABLY won't be making an appearance in RotS.

14. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Depa is one of the most underrated jedi.She's one of the best saber users the order has.Her being a Vaapad practioner, makes her not better than yoda, being she is not a master of it yet like mace.but she definetly not leagues behind him.

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    saw matt stover last night (shatterpoint & revenge of the sith author) at a book tour stop - fantastic presentation. i've read both books and he answered my question about the discrepancy in mace from shatterpoint and the mace in revenge. it's all about the guilt

16. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    whats differnce in both Maces do you mean.i think i understand the guilt part.could you elaborate?

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I never really got what happened to Depa. Mace finds her, she seems fine...until they get to that little place where she plays dead, then stabs Mace (think Shedao Shai, except here Mace lives). Then the fight for a while, she smashes some weird equipment, then sort of "wakes up" from some sort of trance, and collapses.

18. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    Basically, she had a nervous breakdown and went catatonic, I believe.

Probably PTSD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.