main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Departing- For the Ben Skywalker Vignette Challenge. 10/9/2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mike-Sunrider, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-Sunrider

Mike-Sunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2003
    This is my first try at a vignette, i know I suck. :p.

My original idea was I think better, but it became too large for a vignette I guess. ( 5 pages)

I wanted to enter the Ben Skywalker Vignette competition but im sure most of you will reccomend i shouldn't.

Well here it is.

---------------------------

?Departing?

The skies of Ossus were filled with electrical charges as rain poured down on Ben who slowly proceeded into the Temple where just a few shimmering lights illuminated the corridors.

With the rain dripping from his hair leaving wet stains on the fabric ground he walked on. His memories of his time as a Jedi were the things that pained him. He had to prove himself for everyone, he knew he had too no matter what others have said. He gripped his lightsaber tightly. He didn?t want to let go, but he had too. This lightsaber belonged to his father once, he had to stop counting on him and move on alone.

The temple was quiet, almost deserted. It didn?t matter, he had felt the same cold for months after the Battle of Lithoori, from where his failures were still haunting him. Most students were in their dormitories resting comfortably, while his father was probably meditating in the meditation room like he always did during this time.

Upon reaching the Council room he stared through the glass door and took his time take a glance at his lightsaber for a last time. Old memories surfaced inside his head, memories he wish he didn?t have, memories he had to let go off. He inspected his own reflection that appeared in the glass. A well built teenager is what he could see, but deep down inside he felt small and insignificant. The truth is that he is an insecure little boy, it was time for him to grow up. With the flex of his hand he touched the pad next to the door as it hissed open.

He slowly approached his father?s seat, if he had any second thoughts he would have to decide now, but he would stay true to his goals. The chair was of strange design, and seemed highly uncomfortable, but Ben knew better, he sat there frequently as a kid when his father let him while telling him the ways about the Force.

He didn?t want to leave but what other choice did he have? Everyone abandoned him. He was too confused about the things that have occurred, many Jedi were leaving. Even the wiser left for some solitary to straighten their mind, why couldn?t he?

He crouched slowly as he layed to hilt to rest on the green decorated chair. He couldn?t help feeling angsty about this...He was letting go of...Home. He searched through his pockets and took something out. It was a holo-recorder. He knew he would hurt his family and friends, but he would come back....Someday. He slipped the holo-recorder under the hilt and walked away as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Farewell..."

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was moving and very sad! A great contribution to the Ben challenge!

He crouched slowly as he layed to hilt to rest on the green decorated chair. He couldn?t help feeling angsty about this...He was letting go of...Home. He searched through his pockets and took something out. It was a holo-recorder. He knew he would hurt his family and friends, but he would come back....Someday. He slipped the holo-recorder under the hilt and walked away as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Farewell..."

Poor Ben! You know, this would make a great full length story, if you want to expand it. Hint, hint...

3. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Well I am working on a story ;)

Thanks for the comments :D

4. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    wonderfulsadwonderfulsadwonderful! @};-

beautiful imagery!

and, last I checked, It wasn't october yet. :p

5. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    It is the 10th of September.

It is day/month/year. : o..September is 9 right..hmm.

My birthday in 13/7 which is july.

July 7
    August 8
    September 9.

Or do britains/americans put month before day?

And thanks :D I really appreciate it.

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I think you did a great job Mike.

Here in America we do put the month first, but I was born and lived in Germany for eight years, so I learned to put the day first, then the month, just like you wrote it. So, no worries.

7. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Thanks everyone.

I will change it from now on with the month first :p.

Should I post a short story involving Ben Skywalker that i wrote?

8. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004

All right, THAT was really, really prettyful.

Farewell..."

I wanted to bawl right there. Don't kinow why. I'm teary today.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was very beautiful, and also quite sad.

NYC

10. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    That was really good, and so sad it really made me stay on that one scene for a while. Great story, it got me thinking... [face_thinking]

11. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    :( That's sad...

More? Soon? ;)

12. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Yes, need more soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.