main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Departure of Innocence - JA (Obi) - One Post Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sheila, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I wonder if we are swayed by the fact we have our own child. That was the reason i wrote my vignette Questioning the Order. I took a different aspect on the whole idea, but one that satisfied me. It's more about the reason why a parent should give up a child.

I still don't know if I could do it. I love my Angel and I couldn't imagine missing out on everything from first word, first step. And my personal favourite when she gives me a kiss. If there was such a thing as the Jedi in our world, would I be able to do it? And then with everything we 'know' about them, their life is full of trials and tribulations. Is it fair to condemn them to a life of hardship only IF they succeed in the training provided them? I don't know. It's a question, I don't know if I would ever be able to answer.

And this piece was particularly exquisite. It's no idle flattery. I can't believe you were hiding from us. ;)

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] Okay this isn't funny! I'm innocently minding my own business and wham! I end up here! Lovely spot I must admit! :D

She tried to fool us all but We can't be fooled! ;)

Upon further consideration I have decided to keep upping this until you bless us with a new one! :D

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    obi_ew Now how did I end up here? :eek: You know, they say the memory is the first thing to go. :D

Obi the Kid Very orginal and very moving! Thanks! [face_blush]

Shaindl [face_innocent] I swear I was not trying to hide my vignette from you. Thanks for the wonderful comments. :)

Welcome to the Dark Side, dear! At least I am in very good company! [face_laugh]

Arldetta I agree, I have no idea if I would be able to give my only son up to the Jedi. Of course, now that he is six, there are times... [face_laugh]

I am on my way out to my little one's first T-ball practice, but when I return I plan on reading your vignette. I am intrigued to say the least. :)

obi_ew LOL! You are crazy my friend! [face_laugh]

Upon further consideration I have decided to keep upping this until you bless us with a new one! :eek:

This may end up being the most "upped" vignette in the history of the boards! [face_love]

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I was coming to find your story, and saw the number of posts you have accumulated overall on this site. Nearly 700...

For someone who has one vignette, you certainly have a lot of posts.

Anyone who would devote that much time responding to other fiction, when they could just as easily lurk, is amazing. You're constantly supporting other authors--no wonder you have so many replies to this spectacular work.

And, I agree. This is gonna be the most upped vignette in this site's history.

Cuz everyone wants more from you! (told ya. ;) )

LuvEwan

5. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Just doing my job here!

6. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    LuvEwan and obi_ew You two are the absolute best. [face_love]

And as far as having 700 posts, obi_ew cured me of lurking back in October and I have enjoyed conversing with all of the great authors on these boards ever since. I feel guilty if I try to lurk nowadays, giving a response seems the least I can do since I get so much enjoyment from reading the stories that obviously took much time and thought to write. Now that I have written one little vignette, I am in awe of the amount of time and energy that must go into a full-length fic. Reviewing is a small price to pay for being so thoroughly entertained. :)

BTW, I have actually written (very roughly) the beginning and ending chapters to a full-length story that I have in mind. However, I find that I lack experience in writing dialog and discription, something both of you excel at. I don't know if I am up to writing this and filling in all of the details that make for a good story, but I will let you know if I get closer and think I may actually be able to pull it off. :D

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Just an I'm so thrilled you're back! up! :)

8. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    :D Great story! :D

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Never mind me! Just passing through! :D

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    * sits waiting * ;)

11. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    **sits next to obi_ew , begins tapping foot**

;)

12. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    You two are too funny LuvEwan and obi_ew. You may have a symphony tapped out on that foot before I get anything else written at the rate I am going LE. [face_laugh]

Thanks for the ups guys, you are the best. :)

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    * shrugs * Hey! It's been awhile! :D

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm just upping this vignette because I think it's wonderful and needs to be read!

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I'll second that! :) UP!

16. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    Thanks dianethx! I saw the link on your story to the awards nominations, I have never participated so I thought I would check it out. Imagine my surprise when I saw that you actually nominated this little, lonely (because I never wrote anything else ;) ) vignette. I had to pick myself up off the floor, I never would have imagined such a thing. Now I know why you asked for the link, I just thought you wanted to read it and couldn't find it since I had taken it out of my signature. Thank you for the support, it means the world to me. :)

And of course, thank you oe, my most supportive upping friend. :D

17. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    The best vignette on this entire site deserves another up.

;)

Good luck, Shiela. I hope this doesn't remain your only effort around here. You could do so much with your amazing talents....hint hint! 8-}

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Sheila I can be sneaky....but it deserved to be nominated and it deserves to win. Good luck with it!!!

And I hope you will reconsider writing again. Maybe you just need a little nudge or two...maybe a beta reader...

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    darn boards

20. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    wow, very emotionally charged. You certainly have packed alot into that one post. Absolutely fabulous.

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Who dug up this old fossil!? :p

22. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    had too. :)

23. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    ** Wanders onto the archeological site and looks around. **

Thanks for being interested enough to look this up Seraphena. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.