main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Depression isn't nice

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by laifir, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    Of course I'm sure there's nice pleasant parts in that part of the world, I was just trying to make a point that one should be thankful that the worst we have to put up with is an ineffectual US lapdog of a government.

We don't have to put up with war, famine, ethnic cleansing, religious oppression, etc.

And as you say, people living in the former Yugoslavia aren't depressed, and if anyone has a right to - they do after all that's gone on there (even if they weren't directly affected), so Laifir should just buck up! :D

2. laifir

laifir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    I was feeling a lot better until now, thank you for dragging me back down.
    How dare you imply that I have no right to feel bad because I don't live in the former Yugoslavia? I don't care whether that remark was meant to hurt or just a joke, but frankly I don't care. It still has the same effect.
    And yes, most teenagers go through depressive phaises, I'm not saying they don't. But why is that relevant? Knowing half the other kids my age feel bad doesn't make me feel any better.
    Do me a favour, go to hell.

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I agree with Laifir, that was uncalled for. So we don't live in a third world country or have life-threatening illnesses. What's your point? That doesn't automatically make our lives better, large portions of it still suck at times. If you have ever dealt with someone who suffers from depression before, you would have gone about this more tactfully. If you're trying to help, lend your support instead of simply making her feel worse about it, okay?

4. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Listen, this thread is to make this lady cheerful, so we should all not talk about politics, religion or war.
    Lets talk about fun stuff

5. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000

Okay I will spell out my point as clearly as I can for those who have hopelessly missed it.

THINGS COULD BE A LOT WORSE. BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE AND YOU MAY JUST FIND THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT.

I wouldn't count on it though...

6. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Just because things aren't so good in another country doesn't mean they are depressed or anything.
    Anyway sometimes it is difficult to get rid of depression, even for "angst ridden teenagers"
    Depression has nothing to do with politics/war, and what has it got to do with "Be thankful for what you have and you may just find things to be happy about."??
    We were just trying to make her feel better.

Anyway, I think you've heard enough from me...

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Q: What do you call a fly with no wings?

A: A walk.

Q: What did Tarzan say when he saw a group of elephants charging at him over the hill?

A:"Watch out here comes some elephants"

Q: What did he say when a herd of elephants charged at him wearing dark glasses?

A: Nothing, he did not recognise them!

8. laifir

laifir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    *hugs everyone who came to my defense*
    Look, Scott_M, I know you weren't trying to make me feel bad, but I want you to understand that what you said was hurtful.
    I'm greatful for everyone who can to my defense, you're angels.
    Mixo, what can I say? I love you! You're wondeful mate and I've reserved an extra big hug for you. :)

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Thank you Laifir. Mixo is both a noble Warrior and a Court Jester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.